Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 22 vs. Collingwood, MCG, Fri 11/08, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzathegoat

Debutant
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Huge game. Our 2nd Friday night game against Collingwood at the MCG this season...

Need to win 2 out of the next 3 to play finals. Lose this Friday and our final 2 games become elimination finals.

Collingwood has been the hunted of late, I expect them to come out hunting us after a bad loss to Hawthorn.

Hawkins a sneaky chance of returning?

Jack Henry is questionable with his foot injury.

Expecting Miers to get targeted by Collingwood.

We need a massive lift from Cameron.

Daicos is a huge out for Collingwood.

Should be a cracker!!

Huge game. Our 2nd Friday night game against Collingwood at the MCG this season...

Need to win 2 out of the next 3 to play finals. Lose this Friday and our final 2 games become elimination finals.

Collingwood has been the hunted of late, I expect them to come out hunting us after a bad loss to Hawthorn.

Hawkins a sneaky chance of returning?

Jack Henry is questionable with his foot injury.

Expecting Miers to get targeted by Collingwood.

We need a massive lift from Cameron.

Daicos is a huge out for Collingwood.

Should be a cracker!!
Good contribution mate appreciate it. I reckon though the mods need to start the thread though, something about permissions and moderation something something.

cats_09 can you confirm?

I have been looking at this one as a loss for a long time, but given how Collingwood is traveling right now and the loss of Nick Daicos, I'd have to say this is now a winnable game for the Cats. It's not going to be easy as I suspect the Pies will be fired up after losing to Hawthorn last week and our midfield (while trying hard) just doesn't have the star power we've seen in the past. We really need Paddy to find his best form in this game and give our midfield more grunt. The guys need to win the contested ball and tackle counts this game to have a chance.

I have been looking at this one as a loss for a long time, but given how Collingwood is traveling right now and the loss of Nick Daicos, I'd have to say this is now a winnable game for the Cats. It's not going to be easy as I suspect the Pies will be fired up after losing to Hawthorn last week and our midfield (while trying hard) just doesn't have the star power we've seen in the past. We really need Paddy to find his best form in this game and give our midfield more grunt. The guys need to win the contested ball and tackle counts this game to have a chance.
I think if we can defend hard at the contest and tag De Goey then we can attack on turnover and give them a hard shake.

It's possible that it could be.

I don't think it will be, but it's absolutely not out of the question for a 35 year old in a declining team, especially one who has just pinged a hammie.

Absolutely no chance.

He's not going to be pushed, and unless the player's body is completely falling apart no one walks away anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely no chance.

He's not going to be pushed, and unless the player's body is completely falling apart no one walks away anymore.
Fair point in that fewer players seem to walk away from the game early (funny enough that does seem to coincide with a huge increase in player pay) but at 35, he is seriously close to that point, wherever it is.

It ain't Hawkins final season
More likely it is than it isn't - struggled last year to recover after every game and it will only haven't gotten worse since then. He loves the club, but wont want his last season to be one where he can only give 80%.

More likely it is than it isn't - struggled last year to recover after every game and it will only haven't gotten worse since then. He loves the club, but wont want his last season to be one where he can only give 80%.
He was pretty emphatic on AFL360 last week saying he has his eyes firmly set on 2024. I'd argue he is more likely to play on.

Good contribution mate appreciate it. I reckon though the mods need to start the thread though, something about permissions and moderation something something.

cats_09 can you confirm?
This

I'm currently at work and guessing Daz is also

Will see if I can get a few minutes on my lunch break

I’d suggest it’s probably 60-40 that he goes on.

That said, he doesn’t strike me as the Uber-competitive type who pretty much had to be carried off in a box like Chappy, SJ, Scarlett and Selwood. He’s a pretty level headed type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back