Preview Rd 2 Adelaide V Geelong, Fri 22nd Mar 2024 7:40pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have taken him literally 5 seconds to look up the information on AFL Tables. Somehow I doubt those 5 seconds were the difference between making or missing that deadline.

Mick McGuane “What does the AFL ladder have to do with Stanley” alternatively “I’ve been looking up for 10 seconds and the roof hasn’t changed yet… when is it getting to Stanley?”

The truth is more likely he doesn’t care that much what is written/published in his name the stakes are pretty low

possibility, albeit scary, Mullin on to mark Rankine

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
I think this is a high likelihood. With Bews out who can really play a role on those dangerous small forwards? I don't like MOC much in that sort of role. Nor ZGuthrie. Mullin has the right attributes and I think could relish a definite task like that

Obsessing over the 23rd man and berating a rookie is a classic Geelong BigFooty trope before a match.

Is it possible to get nostalgic right as something is happening?

Anyway a midfield mix of Dangerfield, Blicavs, Holmes, Atkins and Clark isn't bad. A splash of Mannagh or Stengle. Miers and Dempsey pushing up to the wing at times. Cameron providing an outlet between the arcs.

We'll be fine. Doesn't mean we'll win though. Crows at home will be tough, as they were last year.

Obsessing over the 23rd man and berating a rookie is a classic Geelong BigFooty trope before a match.

Anyway a midfield mix of Dangerfield, Blicavs, Holmes, Atkins and Clark isn't bad. A splash of Mannagh or Stengle. Miers and Dempsey pushing up to the wing at times. Cameron providing an outlet between the arcs.

We'll be fine. Doesn't mean we'll win though. Crows at home will be tough, as they were last year.
Adelaide's mids are one paced and bulls but they do have a superior ruck.

Adelaide's mids are one paced and bulls but they do have a superior ruck.
It's not that I don't rate Adelaide's midfield. They're a decent bunch, maybe not the strongest on the wings.

It's more that the players I mentioned held their own when on the park together 2023 and did the same last week. So it's a bit early to be giving up.

We’ve probably got to accept that they will continue to try to fast track Mullin based on the raw ingredients he has and not because he’s the best option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve probably got to accept that they will continue to try to fast track Mullin based on the raw ingredients he has and not because he’s the best option.
And it'll obviously be used to release Holmes to wing/midfield and Blicavs to inside midfield while Duncan spends time on the wing. Whether from the start or late in the game.

Mannagh is a red hot shout for the sub role and there is logic to it, even if it's not something I want to see.
Logically Mannagh still makes the most sense.

I’d think we would want the experience of Touhy and MOC on the ground this week in hostile territory.

It’ll be a bit stiff for Mannagh, he would have played in 4 games so far this year and all of them basically coming on late.

It’s probably an ok way to introduce him to AFL. Easy match payments for him.

Hopefully he is keeping his match fitness up if he is sub once again.

Deja Vho is picking up Rachele because it better not be Mullin?

For sure he’d be better off… but would the team be better off.

Ok I’ll through up Ollie Henry or Stengle as a left field sub option to get Mannagh into the game.
Definitely not Henry. Marking talls need to work into the game.

He'd have no inherent advantage by coming on later on like a Mannagh, Rohan, or even Mullin, who can play multiple positions and look a class above (or just up to the grade in Mullins case) with their speed when everyone else is gassed.

And although we've played him at centre bounces on occasion, Henry doesn't really have a second position, let alone a third, which is ideal in a sub.

In terms of form and requisite skills, it should be Touhy. MOC's a whipping boy, but he was solid last week, and deserves a chance to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back