Preview Rd 2 Adelaide V Geelong, Fri 22nd Mar 2024 7:40pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm largely the same, although, if there was a game to have a weak midfield, it's this one.

Adelaide's isn't exactly an all star cast either, and with their backline, my guess is Scott is betting on us not needing many entries to kick a winning score.

We'll look to win this one in transition rather than through the guts. Expect Stewart, Holmes, Zuthrie, & Duncan to be really well drilled behind the ball, with the goal of getting repeat entries. Jezza will roam up the field regularly too.

We don't have to dominate that stat like we did last week, but if we can get enough of them, I can't see how Adelaide's backline can keep all of Hawk, Jez, Dempsey, Stengle, Close, Henry & Miers quiet.

Still not expecting a win, but with our talent at both ends and coaching advantage, I can't rule one out.

The Crows’ brand of footy is more than the sum of its parts. The personnel in their defensive six might look weak on paper, but they’re a well-drilled 23 that play a cohesive system. They lost to Gold Coast last week yes, but they only conceded 60 points.

The Crows’ brand of footy is more than the sum of its parts. The personnel in their defensive six might look weak on paper, but they’re a well-drilled 23 that play a cohesive system. They lost to Gold Coast last week yes, but they only conceded 60 points.
And can not underestimate the impacts of Tex and AO.
76 goals, 16 Brownlow votes, massive 2023 season.

It was a wet slog of a game. 20 scoring shots in those conditions to the Suns was still a fair few.

No rush with Mullin. He needs VFL time to pick up enough understanding of the game to be able to use his physical gifts effectively. Playing him before he's read is counterproductive for all parties.

Thanks CS. My first post for the year and you've already made me look like a nong by bringing Oisin in. Hopefully he tears it up!

Think of all the premiership players who would've been dropped for extended periods or delisted if selection was up to this board. Zuthrie, O'Connor, Kolo, Blicavs, Guthrie, Miers, Rohan and J Henry among others were absolutely lambasted around here at various times.

Then think of all the spuds who would've got games pumped into them. Constable and Jansen are two that immediately come to mind who were loved around here.

The club has an unbelievable record at backing in the right young players. They see vastly more of these guys than us and scrutinise what they do with a fine tooth comb. If they think Mullin will be a player they're probably right.

He will 100% get thrashed in the ruck.

His best hope is to start to show some form around the ground.

He has no chance in the taps… none.
Are you hoping he reads BF?
He has held his own against the great Max, so it's not impossible at 200 cm, to have some impact at hitouts.
That said, the Crows ruckman is highly impressive away from footy- can't say I've noticed him playing.

The club has an unbelievable record at backing in the right young players. They see vastly more of these guys than us and scrutinise what they do with a fine tooth comb. If they think Mullin will be a player they're probably right.

This is what I’m holding onto regarding Mullin.

He is super raw and they still are looking to get him games.

I personally don’t think he is gonna set the world on fire anytime soon… but hopefully he can just play a role and eventually the attacking side of his game will just click.

I’m saying that, I’m not against him playing full VFL games and getting his hand on the pill as much as possible.

I don’t know if playing a quarter as sub is very good for his development.

And for this reason I worry he actually won’t be sub… although he probably should be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you hoping he reads BF?
He has held his own against the great Max, so it's not impossible at 200 cm, to have some impact at hitouts.
That said, the Crows ruckman is highly impressive away from footy- can't say I've noticed him playing.
Just take a look at the hit out column at the end of the game.

I don’t expect him to get near ROB for taps… hopefully he can get to work and be effective around the ground.

But… that side of his game isn’t looking to great in this day and age.

Conway is on the horizon.

This is what I’m holding onto regarding Mullin.

He is super raw and they still are looking to get him games.

I personally don’t think he is gonna set the world on fire anytime soon… but hopefully he can just play a role and eventually the attacking side of his game will just click.

I’m saying that, I’m not against him playing full VFL games and getting his hand on the pill as much as possible.

I don’t know if playing a quarter as sub is very good for his development.

And for this reason I worry he actually won’t be sub… although he probably should be.
Damn shame we lost a year in his development due to covid.

Thanks CS. My first post for the year and you've already made me look like a nong by bringing Oisin in. Hopefully he tears it up!
No way; it's been such a long wait that even some of us supporters are rusty with some of our posting.

Just take a look at the hit out column at the end of the game.

I don’t expect him to get near ROB for taps… hopefully he can get to work and be effective around the ground.

But… that side of his game isn’t looking to great in this day and age.

Conway is on the horizon.
Conway, maybe.
What about offering ROB a personalised course at Deakin Uni Geelong to study medicine and play footy.
It can be done.

Not sure about Mullin.

I remember friends telling me Blicavs was a gimmick and just an athlete but if you just watched him you could tell he was coordinated and had good spatial awareness.

Mullin has the athleticism but I don't see anything resembling a natural...yet

Not sure about Mullin.

I remember friends telling me Blicavs was a gimmick and just an athlete but if you just watched him you could tell he was coordinated and had good spatial awareness.

Mullin has the athleticism but I don't see anything resembling a natural...yet
He seems a natural attacking line breaker to me. I think he looks like he could actually play on ball. He just needs the experience, which I was hoping he'd build in the 2s

Poor old Parf. always the whipping boy. Starting to get the Menegola (his last year) vibes.
But he's a fave of Scott's for his work rate, I'm not sure they're just going to let him fade into obscurity.

I wonder if Parfitt's best chance is if Atkins misses, and Parfitt can then play more of that defensive minded midfielder role

The old midfielder out, backman in. You could set your watch to this selection move by Geelong.

To be fair mannagh will probably play mid with the backman the sub but still.

I wonder if Parfitt's best chance is if Atkins misses, and Parfitt can then play more of that defensive minded midfielder role

Its his only chance because for other fringe player roles his lack of positional versatility counts against him.

Yeah hope he gets a chance some time, he's a lovely kid, football aside.
But the squeeze is on, meanwhile keep plugging away at VFL and rewarded as EMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back