F: B.Close, S.Neale, T.Stengle

FOLL: R.Stanley, P.Dangerfield - C, T.Atkins

I/C: M.O’Connor, M.Holmes, Z.Tuohy, G.Rohan

EMG: B.Parfitt, O.Mullin, S.Menegola, J.Bews

In: S.Neale

Out: J.Henry (Injured), B.Parfitt (Sub)

Geelong normally look good on paper

But that Full Back line is certainly not Wanganeen - Dench and Southby

Youve got Kolo and Sav - they will be having a game - a contest between each other - as in to who will have the most clangers between them

And of course - Bowes - " Steak Knives Jack " thrown in for good measure

Geelong normally look good on paper

But that Full Back line is certainly not Wanganeen - Dench and Southby

Youve got Kolo and Sav - they will be having a game - a contest between each other - as in to who will have the most clangers between them

And of course - Bowes - " Steak Knives Jack " thrown in for good measure
No offence, but this post makes me think you havent actually watched Geelong games this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have rather Parfitt stay in for O’Connor.
Yep. We're thin for ball winners in the middle so they drop Parfitt and keep Mark (I'll just grab the ball and take the tackle) O'connor.

In my opinion this is a big game - and important game for Max Holmes

Geel have very rarely played 4 qtrs all year - and i can understand with the older players 32-34 its pretty hard to do that - and added to that - watching Rohan last week - he was playing under duress

However Holmes - he hasnt got an excuse in the world - no more dissappearing acts from Maxy in qtrs or halves

He needs to play 4 good consistent qtrs in a must win game for Geel - no slashings 1st halves - and then barely a possession after h/time - at his age there is no excuse for doing that
This is ridiculous. The kid is still 20 playing his third year of senior footy after barely having stepped on a field for his last couple of junior years. And he's had injury issues as an AFL player.

He's miles ahead of other players of ours who turned into guns.

Guthrie - came if age in finals in his 3rd season.
Duncan - was sub in a GF in his 2nd year then was a bottom 6 player the next year.
Miers - really broke out this time last year as a 23 year old.

Heck Dangerfield in his 3rd year was just going ok as a medium forward.

And Blicavs, Close and Stewart weren't even on AFL lists at his age.

I'd love for him to turn into a consistent star overnight. But it almost never happens. And the quarters and halves of dominance show how good he will be.

This is ridiculous. The kid is still 20 playing his third year of senior footy after barely having stepped on a field for his last couple of junior years. And he's had injury issues as an AFL player.

He's miles ahead of other players of ours who turned into guns.

Guthrie - came if age in finals in his 3rd season.
Duncan - was sub in a GF in his 2nd year then was a bottom 6 player the next year.
Miers - really broke out this time last year as a 23 year old.

Heck Dangerfield in his 3rd year was just going ok as a medium forward.

And Blicavs, Close and Stewart weren't even on AFL lists at his age.

I'd love for him to turn into a consistent star overnight. But it almost never happens. And the quarters and halves of dominance show how good he will be.
But John Coleman.

I expect Neale will do a considerable amount of rucking so we can keep Stanley relatively fresh and sub Neale out.

I just hope we’re competitive in the midfield early so Stanley can get a rest.

The game hasn't even started and poor Shannon is getting subbed out.

I'll let him know that he does nothing for the first 3 quarters and forget about driving to the game.

O'connor must do a great job with Scott's car.

Hopefully he's playing in defence in the absence of Bews - he's not the worse option in that role

I expect Neale will do a considerable amount of rucking so we can keep Stanley relatively fresh and sub Neale out.

I just hope we’re competitive in the midfield early so Stanley can get a rest.
Having watched VFL specifically to see what the interest in Neale is based on, was a little disappointed in
1.his ruckwork
2. his aerial prowess
Hope I am pleasantly surprised to see him perform amongst the elites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back