Geelong v Pies v North Strip Clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2001
Limerick Hotel
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
If we have a strip clash with both Geelong and Collingwood why isn't there one when they play each other? Last night Collingwood wore their predominantly black strip and Geelong wore their normal jumpers with white shorts.

Surely when we play Geelong we could wear a predominatly blue jumper with blue shorts. One side wears hooped socks the other full colour. When we play Collingwood they wear their black jumper with white stripes and black socks, as they did last night, and we wear our mainly white jumper with royal blue stripes and hooped socks. Alternatively we wear our predominanly blue jumper with blue shorts and hooped socks, Collingwood wear their white jumper with black stripes, white shorts and black socks.

If there was no clash last night then surely we do not have a clash with either of them when looking at the alternatives above.

Agreed, I would assume AFL's pathetic excuse is "North and Pies clash on stripes" and "Geelong and North clash on colour".

North vs Pies clash may have some weight (It is about players, not us spectators, if Melbourne mistaken the umpire, there are bound to have a few turnovers as North or Pies would look for stripes, and that said North are entitled to wearing their stripes on home game and Pies can go to hell), but I agree that I doubt there is clash between Geelong and North if latter wears more royal blue... The plain Royal Blue heritage jumper for Collingwood game, simple.

That said, I dunno why we are not wearing Pale blue shorts on our Argentinian stripes. maybe that would make it look better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back