Preview Geelong vs North Melbourne - Sun April 18 @4:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron appears to be uncertain at best according to injury update on the GFC site. Same for Parfitt. Think it will be only Danger and Rohan back, maybe Holmes as well.
Too early for Simpson you’d think - give him at least a game in VFL
Given that the MC appear reluctant to promote a new player unless they are smashing the door down, think that will be it.

Cameron appears to be uncertain at best according to injury update on the GFC site. Same for Parfitt. Think it will be only Danger and Rohan back, maybe Holmes as well.
Given that the MC appear reluctant to promote a new player unless they are smashing the door down, think that will be it.

Yeah The Age reporting that Cameron is unlikely too. Definitely too early for Simpson.

Danger, Rohan and Parfitt back from injury

Sounds like we wait at least another week for JC to rise again.

Meanwhile, Geelong are leaning towards holding back Jeremy Cameron for another week, with the star recruit unlikely to play against North Melbourne at GMHBA Stadium on Sunday.

The spearhead, who arrived at the Cats from Greater Western Sydney via a trade last season, is yet to make an appearance for the Cats in the home and away season after suffering his second hamstring injury for the year during the week leading into the round one clash against Adelaide.

Although he has been progressing well as he builds towards making his return, the Cats are likely to opt for a conservative approach with the long-term picture in mind.

Geelong coach Chris Scott referenced at a media conference last week the injury Eagles star Luke Shuey suffered when he returned from a hamstring injury in round three against Port Adelaide, saying the Cats wanted to do everything possible to mitigate the chances of a similar event befalling Cameron.

The Cats play West Coast at GMHBA Stadium in round six in what would be a searching initiation for Cameron, with the Eagles’ tall timber among the best in the competition.

Their smallest loss was 41 points at home Vs a traveling interstate club.

That should be the minimum margin for us, but realistically Geelong at GMHBA should be a minimum 60 point win. I don't think a lot of people realise just how bad North are at the moment. This is a percentage booster and we absolutely have to take advantage of it.

Hoping this the Richmond 07 belting when it all clicked.

And hopefully not the 2007 "shouldabeenaCoachKiller" effort the preceding week v North Melbourne.

Somewhere in between the two games is more likely. North a far better team in 07, and so were we. I cant see this current team beating anyone like we beat Rich in 07. I don't think we would know how to do it.

And hopefully not the 2007 "shouldabeenaCoachKiller" effort the preceding week v North Melbourne.

True, though that Kangas team made a prelim at least and we only lost by 3 goals (I know we kicked the last few, so the score probably flattered us), so not exactly a first-order disaster like the Dees suffered in 2011. That said, losing at home like that was close to the last straw.

Somewhere in between the two games is more likely. North a far better team in 07, and so were we. I cant see this current team beating anyone like we beat Rich in 07. I don't think we would know how to do it.
I was rewatching some games from 2009, Hell we were so lucky to witness a once in a generation side! I don't think you can compare 'dynasties' but one thing is clear, even the Tigers, Hawks and Lions couldn't consistently destroy teams like we did.

I think you're right. Cameron to wait another week, given what Shuey is facing now. And Lloyd's language around Parf in the injury update didn't inspire confidence at all. So I really hope he is OK, as our midfield is desperately unaccountable without him out there. Ling was talking positively about him returning on the club podcast, though. So hopefully he is right to go.

I'm hoping for:

IN Danger, Parfitt, Rohan
OUT Zuthrie, Dahl, Narkle

I'm expecting:

IN Danger, Rohan
OUT Zuthrie, Narkle

Then you bring in Cameron and Simpson next weekend as well (and Parf, if he's held back), and you're looking a little more likely to threaten some decent opposition. Which, given the games coming up, will be not a moment too soon.

I was rewatching some games from 2009, Hell we were so lucky to witness a once in a generation side! I don't think you can compare 'dynasties' but one thing is clear, even the Tigers, Hawks and Lions couldn't consistently destroy teams like we did.

Totally agree. And it was the style of footy as much as the scores we racked up that was compelling.

Just a phenomenal line-up, who truly embodied the fifth line of our club song better than any other team could ever dream of doing.

We will not see the likes of them again.

Rohan pushes Henry to the backline so Zuthrie comes out

Danger pushes Narkle out of the midfield rotations

Narkle pushes Dahlhaus out of the forward line. Dear God I hope Narkle pushes Dahlhaus out of the forward line.

In: Danger, Rohan
Out: Zuth, Dahl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree. And it was the style of footy as much as the scores we racked up that was compelling.

Just a phenomenal line-up, who truly embodied the fifth line of our club song better than any other team could ever dream of doing.

We will not see the likes of them again.

Totally agree!
Which is why we should never compare our current team to them. It is unfair.
We start sounding like old men bemoaning the loss of the good old days. Need to live in the now!

So to move it back on topic. I’d like to see a solid committed win from the boys, Rohan and Danger are handy inclusions. Happy to wait on Cameron until he’s cherry ripe. Parf’s influence on this team is massively underrated, he will be missed, but I would like to see Narkle get another week to show something, reckon he has the talent to do it, but needs the mental commitment!

Cats by 8 goals

Their smallest loss was 41 points at home Vs a traveling interstate club.

That should be the minimum margin for us, but realistically Geelong at GMHBA should be a minimum 60 point win. I don't think a lot of people realise just how bad North are at the moment. This is a percentage booster and we absolutely have to take advantage of it.

Are we in a position to be smashing anybody given the football we are playing so far this season?
North Melbourne are terrible but this could be exactly the kind of match-up that suits them. Slow, over possession footy.
Geelong also have average ruck stocks. Goldstein will have his way with both Stanley and Blicavs. That's at least 2 goals to North Melbourne automatically to kick off the game.

I would be stunned if we lose but those who are counting this as an easy 60+ win are going to be frustrated. Probably see us lead by 7 goals at some point in the game before we begin to slow it right down allowing North to kick arsey goals as we hold on and win by 30 points.

I want to believe they'll omit Dahlhaus, but until I see it in writing I'm kinda resigned to seeing him do SFA (again) on Sunday.

That said, calls for him being delisted or asked to retire are premature. He could well be carrying something and only playing because of our forward line injury woes, so happy to see him go back to VFL (or not play at all to get the body right) and find his mojo again.

Agree that the margin is not going to be an eleventy-hundred point win - unless our playing style literally flips around 180 degrees. I'll be happy with 30-40 points, no injuries, and a solid test of more positive ball movement (fingers crossed) ahead of the Eagles clash.

If Cameron plays this week( doesn’t look like it) and the MC select Rohan I think Rohan could play at half back. With our weakness of slow ball movement and transition I think Rohan could be effective in this position. He did it at Sydney in his younger days and was fairly effective. With the quicker style of play now because of the new rules this would suit him.
Here is a highlight of a game he played in the backline 6 years ago.

If Cameron plays this week( doesn’t look like it) and the MC select Rohan I think Rohan could play at half back. With our weakness of slow ball movement and transition I think Rohan could be effective in this position. He did it at Sydney in his younger days and was fairly effective. With the quicker style of play now because of the new rules this would suit him.

I'd love to see him smash opposition packs. Really put the fear of god into their forwardlines. Good thinking, Sammy!

The slow play is by design.

I think it might be an idea to try it with Cameron in but we need a marking target more than a half back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back