No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has served a suspension for using illegal substances in the season he won the award. The AFL will be putting all sorts of pressure on him to give it back so they don't have to make the hard call. May even tell him it is going whether he likes it or not, he can save some face by pretending it is voluntary.

The Brownlow medal loses most of its prestige if Watson keeps the one he cheated to win.

Geebers, on TWR Keithy Greig lived 500 metres on the wrong side of Sydney Road, which was Carltons zone, and there was talk of him moving across the road and live at his uncles to qualify....

Course he wouldn't have got a game once the Tassie speedsters turned up.
The Serafini brothers thought that they were in the Fitzroy zone where they lived in West Preston... turns out that they were right on the border and could have both played for Carlton from the get go... instead of going to the Roy Boys.

He has served a suspension for using illegal substances in the season he won the award. The AFL will be putting all sorts of pressure on him to give it back so they don't have to make the hard call. May even tell him it is going whether he likes it or not, he can save some face by pretending it is voluntary.

The Brownlow medal loses most of its prestige if Watson keeps the one he cheated to win.

It lost its prestige when Woewoeful won it

Yes I did - I was at the game and he was immense, as he has been for much of this season.

My comment was clearly not a knock on him or his performances.

The Dogs are in a preliminary final and both Bont & Stringer have played big parts in getting them there...but there are so many other stories to be told which aren't getting the attention they deserve.

Where's the talk about Morris, Wood, Biggs, Johannisen & Boyd and the phonemenal job they are doing down back?

Where's the talk about Roughead - a player I don't necessarily rate - but who was absolutely enormous last week?

Where's the talk about Macrae, Dahlhaus, Dunkley, Hunter et al who are driving the midfield machine?

Where's the talk about Clay Smith who is a phenomenal story of perseverance in the face of adversity, coming back from injury after injury to play a pivotal role up forward?

All of the above are magnificent stories...stories which are hardly being told. Yet the Bont and Stringer stories are told ad nauseum.

It's a bit much.

Gotta love their little mids, Dalhaus, Hunter, Daniel...not much of them but gee they dont shirk a contest.

Every team has players the media fawn over.

There was a point where if I heard about Pendlebury's "spatial awareness " Once more, I was going to puke.

I haven't really heard Bont getting any more than any other star in a team going well.

Could be worse. Could still he hearing about how much of a genius Clarko is, Hodge a great leader, Burgoyne blah blah blah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[QUOTE"Bluesque, post: 46887639, member: 75631"]Served a suspension for using illegal drugs, and being hailed as a hero[/QUOTE]
Vomit inducing stuff from "commentators" of the game. They have an obligation to help protect the integrity and reputation of the game, kudos to the small handful that continue to swim against the tide of butt kissers anxious to ride the gravy train to the end of the line.

Could be worse. Could still he hearing about how much of a genius Clarko is, Hodge a great leader, Burgoyne blah blah blah

Think there is some guy named Cereal in their team that the commentators mention a couple of times as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Served a suspension for using illegal drugs, and being hailed as a hero

Your not half right about the way they are portraying him Esky.

Press conference this morning at 9am so that we can listen to the captain of a side announce to the world that he is coming back to play. A leader amongst men who would of really won the hearts of the football world if he only asked a couple of questions regarding what was getting shot into everyones veins including the younger men who needed some guidance.

A club which is being hailed for retaining a majority of their list even though a few of their stars have come out and said how disapointed they were with the club and what they have been through... I wonder why they went back $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It is so refreshing to not have the media banging on about Hawthorn this year. Now for Geelong to get done tonight and I'm happy. I just can't stand to see Hendersook win anything.

CtABPtqVYAA6ohp.jpg

I'm extremely happy to see the back of them. A fourpeat would've been unbearable.
But all those things are true.

Hodge, for all his dickhead moments, is undoubtedly a great on field leader.

Burgoyne, does for his team, exactly what they need, exactly when they need it, every single time they need it.

And Clarko, angry little man he is, is a genius. He's actually an original thinker. That's rare in footy and in life. Genuinely original, always a step ahead of the competition.

I'm no fan of this team, or these individuals, but credit where it's due...

May just be me...but is anyone else getting sick of the media's obsession with Bont & Stringer?

No doubting their talent but just feel the media is getting lazy by paying so much attention to them.

Both are big reasons why the Dogs are where they are, but they aren't the only reasons. Lift your eyes and talk about the many other terrific contributors, please.
I find Stringer strange. Sometimes he looks like he has this serial killer look in his eyes. Just weirds me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back