No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike ockerts

Premiership Player
May 25, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
northern blues
By Monday we'll be sitting 4th after a poor month of footy and coming up against reasonable opposition at moments in their season when they are hitting their straps: ess, are, stk. Throw in plenty of injuries which are really affecting structures and a lull in intensity, and I think we have cause to have some hope yet. There is still a lot of footy to be played yet this season.

I hope more than any fellow blue bagger your right, time will tell mate, got to get tomorrow out of the way first ;)

The Pies really taking it up to the Crows, pretty good effort really considering their injury list. Disappointing performance so far by the Crows. The way everyone is talking them up this is a game they really should win and win well considering the missing Pies players. Unlike us though, the Pies are still able to give a really good effort despite their injuries. It's hard to believe this is the Crows team we lost to by 11 goals. In saying that though we are dreadful form.

Bit of an Arsendon love-in atm on 7...Darcy is gushing about them. Pretty average performance thus far tonight imo, a good team would be all over them.

They're not playing a good team. They're playing GWS and will come away with a decent win. 8-1 after 9 rounds when barely anyone tipped them for top 8. They have beaten and smashed good teams.

Deserve all the love they get.

They're not playing a good team. They're playing GWS and will come away with a decent win. 8-1 after 9 rounds when barely anyone tipped them for top 8. They have beaten and smashed good teams.

Deserve all the love they get.

Maybe so, but I dunno if they're worth the hyperbole being thrown their way by all and sundry. Reckon Adelaide and WC might have something to say about the best team at the moment moniker.

I should probably learn to ignore BT.

Maybe so, but I dunno if they're worth the hyperbole being thrown their way by all and sundry. Reckon Adelaide and WC might have something to say about the best team at the moment moniker.

I should probably learn to ignore BT.

Fair enough but hard to argue with the team sitting first on the ladder. Especially given they smashed the Eagles and their only loss was by 1 point on Anzac Day.

Then you see how they struggled to beat the Suns and the fact they have played teams with key injuries. It is so hard to know what form will hold up if teams have players back and a cutthroat final is in front of you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know who it would be more preferable for the Blues to get the win in this one. We win tomorrow and we go ahead of the Pies, if the Crows win, but if the Crows lose we're only a loss behind both. Interesting dilemma. Ah, it's the Pies, go the Crows!

So the Pies beat the Crows and we're a loss behind both. Dependent on how much we win by tomorrow (if any) we could be percentage above both.

And btw, don't know if it has been discussed in this thread, how embarrassing is the jerk off from channel 7 over the Bombers. Like seriously, they talk them up as a premiership certainty.

Will let an expert ejaculate over the new bestest thingy.

Wondered how they would fare this game. Demolished a significantly undermanned Geelong team a couple of weeks ago at home followed it up by playing a team who had played two days later than them the following week who lost one of their star players when the game was still hot before steamrolling us in the second half. Tonight was always the question mark game; Collingwood who had played on the Friday evening against Geelong getting an extra two days break but having to play away.

The Crows have Freo away next Saturday after the derby. You'd expect that they'd win that one by four to six goals. Collingwood effectively go into three consecutive bye rounds (Vs Gold Coast at the MCG; Vs Melbourne at the MCG and then the actual bye). It wont be until June 23 before we can track how the Pies are really going when they play the E-Girls at the MCG following their bye (Eagles host us on the prior Thursday coming out of their bye round).

If that happens the top four may be establishing themselves this year as Essendon play Melbourne next week before hosting the Swans with an extra day's break. Sydney play host to the Dogs next week who will play the contests harder than the Dees will next week.

Really, if we're any shot at the top four we absolutely must win each of the next three weeks - Melbourne, Port Adelaide and Geelong - before giving it all we've got against the Eagles. Win all four and we're all in, lose two and it could be curtains. It really is that tight.

yellow and black fever... luuuulllzzz at the dawks
was out in the backyard with my daughter having a ball and the radio on in the background. She asked whats that noise? I told her it was the Tiges fans singing their song. We need a bit of that spirit ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back