Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently in the UK. Training in a gym that’s got an old school vibe (in an old industrial warehouse), think Arnold’s and a few other of those guys have been there if the framed autographs are real (not Golds). Owned by an ex-professional bodybuilder.

Epic set-up.

Everyone is huge. Guys have biceps bigger than my head.

Currently in the UK. Training in a gym that’s got an old school vibe (in an old industrial warehouse), think Arnold’s and a few other of those guys have been there if the framed autographs are real (not Golds). Owned by an ex-professional bodybuilder.

Epic set-up.

Everyone is huge. Guys have biceps bigger than my head.

It’s not Genesis gym in Wembley is it?

So my BMR is around 1200. Factor in gym (usually 1 hour workout 5-6 days per week) and then around 700 calories burnt daily at work according to my Fitbit), means I have to eat a lot to fill calories.

Which I do. I've been eating 3 big meals each day, with smaller ones in between as I wish. But it's still not enough.

The other day I started having heart palps at night and had to go to the ER. Since then have cut down my workouts drastically and tried to eat more.

It's gotten to the point where I have to eat beyond my appetite just to get by. Anyone know any good calorie fillers? Should I just drink the rest of my cals?

So my BMR is around 1200. Factor in gym (usually 1 hour workout 5-6 days per week) and then around 700 calories burnt daily at work according to my Fitbit), means I have to eat a lot to fill calories.

Which I do. I've been eating 3 big meals each day, with smaller ones in between as I wish. But it's still not enough.

The other day I started having heart palps at night and had to go to the ER. Since then have cut down my workouts drastically and tried to eat more.

It's gotten to the point where I have to eat beyond my appetite just to get by. Anyone know any good calorie fillers? Should I just drink the rest of my cals?

Liquid cals are definitely easier.
The other thing would be to play around with your macros eg try high(er) % of fats for a while.
You might be one of those people that is better suited to a particular “diet”.
This would then mean you wouldn’t actually need to up your total cals.

Thought you were trying to “tone” your abs....?

I’ve never had issues with getting in enough calories but peanut butter is always an easy way to increase your calories

Hope all is ok with the heart palps and nothing to serious.

Thought you were trying to “tone” your abs....?

I’ve never had issues with getting in enough calories but peanut butter is always an easy way to increase your calories

Hope all is ok with the heart palps and nothing to serious.
Yeah that's the aim, but it's hard to focus on toning when I'm at such a huge daily caloric deficit.

Losing almost a kilo each week, and can't seem to stem the tide. I'm up and moving from 6am daily to probably 2-3am each night either working, working out or inadvertently burning calories while doing normal daily errands/activities. Power naps keep me going.

I'm led to believe my metabolism is ridiculously fast, doesn't help

Think I'll need to resort to juices or shakes, but pb sounds a good suggestion

Yeah that's the aim, but it's hard to focus on toning when I'm at such a huge daily caloric deficit.

Losing almost a kilo each week, and can't seem to stem the tide. I'm up and moving from 6am daily to probably 2-3am each night either working, working out or inadvertently burning calories while doing normal daily errands/activities. Power naps keep me going.

You either have a fast metabolism or under estimating your calorie intake. But from your previous post you are tracking your calories.

Toning muscles is a misconception. You can only build muscle, the amount of bodyfat you have determines how much of that muscle we see.

Quite often people do direct ab exercises in the hope of a 6pac when all they do is make their muscles bigger don’t lose the body fat and in turn make their waste lines bigger.

Only sleeping 4 hours a night is possibly increasing your base metabolic rate as well (due to changes in hormonal levels of things like cortisol etc as a response).

And tbh if someone came to me and said they were tracking calories but couldn’t stop losing weight at the rate you are and we’re having heart palpitations I’d send them to the GP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pasta

Jesus take care of yourself cg x

I had to go to the ER once with a very fast heart rate (was incredibly unwell tho at the time), its not fun to say the least.

Extremely fatigued due to various reasons, but hope to smash out a session tonight before the inevitable.

This is my general plan over the next 5 days (until i go away)

- Monday: Laps in outdoor pool morning before it gets busy
- Tuesday: 10am gym sesh before xmas lunch
- Wednesday: Gym
- Thursday: Swim, early morning.

Friday going away, so will probably not do anything.

This is my general plan over the next 5 days (until i go away)

- Monday: Laps in outdoor pool morning before it gets busy
- Tuesday: 10am gym sesh before xmas lunch
- Wednesday: Gym
- Thursday: Swim, early morning.

Friday going away, so will probably not do anything.

Lmao sif this happened :D

Will go today tho 100%

Just how bad is the New Year Flood going to be?
I'm loving the gym at the moment. Pool is packed, Gym is empty.
Depends if you’re at a chain gym or a small stand alone. Stand alone’s will be fine, chain gyms get busy for a week or two while the resolutioners try the new year new me thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back