General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Sun running an article about the 20 most powerful wags

* me dead

Then to make it even funnier two of the chick's aren't even married to footballers any more. Then obviously they had to throw in a couple of AFLW gay partners for diversity too

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It came in shortly after "franchise". There is not 1 Franchise in the AFL.
God i hate that word being used.
I hate it more than you. Ha. A franchise is a f'kn Krispy Kreme or a Dunkin Donuts. To me, more than anything else, the word represents American capitalism and materialism, rather than sporting clubs/institutions that have been in existence for many, many decades.

Not surprisingly, Derwayne Russell is the worst offender. He's even referred to AFL team lists as "rosters." Faaark. :p

Last edited:

I hate it more than you. Ha. A franchise is a f'kn Krispy Kreme or a Dunkin Donuts. To me, more than anything else, the word represents American capitalism, rather than sporting clubs/institutions that have been in existence for many, many decades.

Not surprisingly, Derwayne Russell is the worst offender. He's even referred to AFL team lists as "rosters." Faaark. :p
I find lists doesnt roll off the tongue better than listssssss

I've never liked the way post game for the last game of the weekend merges into Bounce on Fox, but now they've taken it a step further by holding off on playing the team song for that fixture, and dangling it out as a prize for good viewers who are willing to sit through ten minutes of that inane dribble and a couple of ad breaks.

It's a transparent effort to drum up viewers for what is plainly the worst football related show on tv, and it has two fundamental weaknesses.

1. Viewers don't like being treated with contempt.

2. Being forced to watch dunstall, andrew gaze and mooney talk absolute s**t for ten minutes isn't going to make any right thinking person want to hear them talk more s**t.

Last edited:
Herald Sun running an article about the 20 most powerful wags

fu** me dead

Then to make it even funnier two of the chick's aren't even married to footballers any more. Then obviously they had to throw in a couple of AFLW gay partners for diversity too

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

i noted a short video highlighting 3 of them. chris judds wife was labelled queen wag.

please please can the rona hurry up and destroy the world?

Nothing against Jacqui Felgate but I want something younger that looks a bit better
LOL. Ouch. :D
I reckon she looked better before she got too boney. Maybe she was pregnant here, I dunno

Jacqueline-Felgate-images.jpg

I've never liked the way post game for the last game of the weekend merges into Bounce on Fox, but now they've taken it a step further by holding off on playing the team song for that fixture, and dangling it out as a prize for good viewers who are willing to sit through ten minutes of that inane dribble and a couple of ad breaks.

It's a transparent effort to drum up viewers for what is plainly the worst football related show on tv, and it has two fundamental weaknesses.

1. Viewers don't like being treated with contempt.

2. Being forced to watch dunstall, andrew gaze and mooney talk absolute sh*t for ten minutes isn't going to make any right thinking person want to hear them talk more sh*t.

The song has been held over until Bounce for at least 3 years now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most commentators are very reluctant to criticise 'great' players, so when they are forced to acknowledge a mistake, it's always 'uncharacteristic' or 'unusual by his lofty standards', yet they're happy to pot lesser known players.

Yes, there was one player who I can't be bothered naming who used to commit around 6-7 "rare" or "uncharacteristic" errors each match. It got so silly that even when it was an obvious error, they'd still find a way to praise him. Remarkable really.

Yes, there was one player who I can't be bothered naming who used to commit around 6-7 "rare" or "uncharacteristic" errors each match. It got so silly that even when it was an obvious error, they'd still find a way to praise him. Remarkable really.
Did his surname rhyme with a word that's slang for a potato?

Jon Anderson in about 90 seconds of the HSun pod this week, said he was repeatedly spruiking Serong for rising star through the media because he has bet on him, and he would want Rhys Stanley over Max Gawn and Brodie Grundy in the finals.

I switched it off.

I am yet to find a AFL podcast that isn't dumb biased garbage, or boofheads stating the complete obvious - usually both.

The 2002-2006 version of Fox Footy had 'Living With Footballers' for some or all of its 5 years.

Yes but the work experience kids writing these articles were in nappies then so they're too young to remember it.

Jon Anderson in about 90 seconds of the HSun pod this week, said he was repeatedly spruiking Serong for rising star through the media because he has bet on him, and he would want Rhys Stanley over Max Gawn and Brodie Grundy in the finals.

I switched it off.

I am yet to find a AFL podcast that isn't dumb biased garbage, or boofheads stating the complete obvious - usually both.

Went off the H-Sun podcast when one of them said 'as we told you in the Herald-Sun last week Richmond is a really good side', this would have been early 2019 after a flag and a prelim.

Re-living some classic Collingwood early 00's moments on Youtube has been a grim reminder of the fall in the standard of commentary - namely play-by-play commentary

Channel 10 - Tim Lane, Stephen Quartermain, Anthony Hudson and Michael Christian
Fox - Clinton Grybas, Jason Bennett and Matt Campbell
Even 9 had Dennis Commetti and better versions of Eddie, Derwayne, BT and JB

Compare that to today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back