General Problems Thread: 2009 - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, thought I'd turn to the BigFooty community for help on this one. I'm looking at finding an editing software/program for my computer that changes people's faces and replaces them with imported photos.

The Greenfield Post has inspired me to make something for a project. I've used programs such as Adobe Premiere and Windows Movie Maker, so I have a bit of experience with video editing programs.

I've made a few Google searches with limited success, so I was wondering if anyone here has used a program to swap faces? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Do you want to get freeware or paid software? Adobe Photoshop is very good. GIMP is the freeware version of it.

Hey guys, thought I'd turn to the BigFooty community for help on this one. I'm looking at finding an editing software/program for my computer that changes people's faces and replaces them with imported photos.

The Greenfield Post has inspired me to make something for a project. I've used programs such as Adobe Premiere and Windows Movie Maker, so I have a bit of experience with video editing programs.

I've made a few Google searches with limited success, so I was wondering if anyone here has used a program to swap faces? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

You'd want to ask the video editing legend oogac

You'd want to ask the video editing legend oogac

lol. All video's I have produced have used an overlay of a photoshopped head.

But I have recently seen some work by huw parkinson who has done some political satires that have gone viral on the net who has managed to merge 2 clips.

It might be best to try and contact him via youtube and see what program he uses. I would really like to know myself.

So not sure if anyone can help. but I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop. Now for some reason when I leave it on, after a while it seems to freeze or really slow down. I've done a defrag and a clean of the whole system but still no luck. Now if I play a video, and let the video continue to play and repeat, it seems to still work fine when I come back to it after the same length of time.

Anyone have a clue what the reason could be?

So not sure if anyone can help. but I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop. Now for some reason when I leave it on, after a while it seems to freeze or really slow down. I've done a defrag and a clean of the whole system but still no luck. Now if I play a video, and let the video continue to play and repeat, it seems to still work fine when I come back to it after the same length of time.

Sounds like you have something set to run in the background when the PC is idle for a while (antivirus, defrag, shitty "performance optimizer" software, etc.). Next time you leave the PC on open up Task Manager first and sort by CPU%, it might give you an idea what's doing it.

I purchased a discounted western digital external 500g hard drive which I had to install software to use. The after 6 months of problems, I discovered software is corrupt and my caused my computer to freeze up. For some unknown reason my computer would try to back-up to the drive even though it wasnt connected. If you have a WD external drive go to the website and update the software. If you dont ... see dav3 above.

"Default gateway is not available" constantly occurring anytime I download anything, torrent site or otherwise. Any ideas?
Are you able to connect to your modem/router? If not, then might be an issue with that and might need to reboot it.

If you can connect to it and other internal network devices, then there's a internet connection issue.

"Default gateway is not available" constantly occurring anytime I download anything, torrent site or otherwise. Any ideas?

If it was just torrent traffic I'd suggest toning down the amount of active connections in your Torrent client, Bittorrent can absolutely slaughter some of the cheaper/older network hardware. If whatever else you're using to download uses multiple connections to attempt better speeds, it might be worth looking at.

If it was just torrent traffic I'd suggest toning down the amount of active connections in your Torrent client, Bittorrent can absolutely slaughter some of the cheaper/older network hardware. If whatever else you're using to download uses multiple connections to attempt better speeds, it might be worth looking at.
here's the thing though, if it was to do with the network hardware why has it only occurred since Windows 10?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know of/have experience with a *simple but effective* way to extract your mp3s from itunes?

And before any helpful souls google it and provide some links, I know I can do that. What I would like to know is if anyone has any experience themselves with a method/software they can either recommend/not recommend.

What do you mean extract your mp3s from itunes? For the files to be in itunes, don't they already have to be locally stored on the computer somewhere?

They are but the itunes software renames the actual files so you can't tell what is what and they also put each file in its own folder so it would take hours upon hours.
Doesn't that only usually happen if you're trying to access the file from a device such as an ipod? For Itunes itself, it usually creates an itunes folder in the my music section of your user profile - at least that's how it works for me.

But yeah, not much help if you're trying to get the files from your device itself, would be a pain I imagine.

Doesn't that only usually happen if you're trying to access the file from a device such as an ipod? For Itunes itself, it usually creates an itunes folder in the my music section of your user profile - at least that's how it works for me.

But yeah, not much help if you're trying to get the files from your device itself, would be a pain I imagine.

God I hope so. I helped someone else do it years ago from their ipod and I just assumed (apple being apple) it would be the same on my pc. If you're right you've just saved me a shitload of trouble.

God I hope so. I helped someone else do it years ago from their ipod and I just assumed (apple being apple) it would be the same on my pc. If you're right you've just saved me a shitload of trouble.
Next time you're on your computer/in Itunes, right click a song > 'show in windows explorer' and it should show the directory to where it is stored/everything else (with any luck).

If you're on a Mac, I don't know the process but it would be something similar.

The only problem with renaming the actual file is that it won't be recognised in Itunes so you have to re-add the file again. It's a pain as I used to have my songs on an external and whenever someone would take it out and I opened Itunes, all the files couldn't be found thus I'd have to add them all again.

Would imagine it would be a lot quicker plugging in the old computer compared to attempting to rename your entire library again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back