General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

They'd be a nightmare match up for Golden State. The Warriors struggle to contain 1 dominant big man let alone 2. It remains to be seen whether Davis and Cousins can form some chemistry and compliment each other's game but if they can look out! I reckon the Warriors would find it impossible to stop such a dominant big man duo.
I was halfway through writing a rebuttal and realised the only team to beat GSW twice this year is Memphis, who have Z-Bo and Marc Gasol... so perhaps you're right haha.

Wait and see I think. Cousins appears to be trouble in the locker room.

It's also a strange move when you consider the trend of the rest of the league, which is to play small ball. They should absolutely make the finals but it remains to be seen if this is a good match-up with likes of Golden State and Cleveland.

I agree with this.

I don't think this was a particularly good move for either franchise especially the Kings! (not as bad as Orlando tho:'(). I am willing to wait and see before writing it off completely. Cousins and Davis might be an awesome duo but it does feel like two bigs in the NBA is the equivalent of two ruckmen in modern AFL.

They can both score heavily inside but it is on defense where the team will be beaten particularly out on the arcs.

Any suggestion that they will match up well with the Dubs is laughable. Dubs are missing a good inside rip protector such as Bogut. They might drop a game here or there but in a 7 game series they will destroy the Pelicans. They will stretch the floor and let it rain 3s. vs Spurs who guards Kawaii, vs Rockets who takes Harden.

Funnily enough Pels might be better off missing the finals, getting decent draft pick in what is supposedly a bumper draft.

I agree with this.

I don't think this was a particularly good move for either franchise especially the Kings! (not as bad as Orlando tho:'(). I am willing to wait and see before writing it off completely. Cousins and Davis might be an awesome duo but it does feel like two bigs in the NBA is the equivalent of two ruckmen in modern AFL.

They can both score heavily inside but it is on defense where the team will be beaten particularly out on the arcs.

Any suggestion that they will match up well with the Dubs is laughable. Dubs are missing a good inside rip protector such as Bogut. They might drop a game here or there but in a 7 game series they will destroy the Pelicans. They will stretch the floor and let it rain 3s. vs Spurs who guards Kawaii, vs Rockets who takes Harden.

Funnily enough Pels might be better off missing the finals, getting decent draft pick in what is supposedly a bumper draft.

Pels can't. They traded their 2017 first (top 3 protected) and second round draft picks to Sactown in the deal.

Add to that, they will be maxed out salary cap wise this offseason with Jrue's cap hold, with only a mid level exception to offer free agents.

At least the Pels have the rest of this season and then next season to ascertain if Davis & Cousins can work together and be a force in the league. The Pels would, at worst, be able to receive what they traded away if they choose to move on from Cousins in 12 months time.

Now to sit back and see if Butler, Griffin, George or Melo get moved before the deadline.

Anyone watching the cricket? Jesus this pitch is a disgrace. It's gonna be a damn quick game. Batsmen have absolutely no chance.

We get it Allan Border, you're a big warrior man, super tough, much awesome, very wow etc... you too Damien Martyn.

Did they really expect Renshaw to just s**t his pants and keep on batting?

Last edited:
We get it Allan Border, you're a big warrior man, super tough, much awesome, very wow etc... you too Damien Martyn.

Yes.

huggies-walker_4ee6f46e87e48.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a fantastic feeling knowing we have two long term cricketers in handscomb & renshaw.

Ghee handscomb is so good in the field what a catch. I'm honestly shocked at how well we're performing. Such a well rounded team effort so far.

Handscomb's hands :eek: I hope you're all watching this. 4 wickets in 8 balls.

One of the best performances from an Australian team in a long long time. I hope they can keep this up all game & all series.

Yeah the wicket of Kohli is big at the best of times but it's going to be huge in the second innings. He steps up against Australia as it is, now throw in the added motivation of a duck in the first innings.

Pessimistic thoughts aside, what a wonderful D2 for Australia. Thought O'Keefe was strictly going to be a run-stopper in this series, tying down an end while Lyon and Starc go to work. Glad to see his hardwork (including skipping the BBL) has been validated.

Overnight the lead is 298 which seems safe in the context of this match/pitch but it would be nice if we could add at least 70-100 today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back