News General sports discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Local cricket was washed out 2 Saturday's ago. One of the lads went to the boot of his car and pulled out the old 'Freddie Truemans Test Match' and we drank and played it for hours!!šŸ˜†

View attachment 780722
I had the original purist's version not that "hit & giggle game over in a couple of hours" rubbish............

131.jpg

I had the original purist's version not that "hit & giggle game over in a couple of hours" rubbish............

131.jpg

That was a magnificent game! As a bit of a collector old style games, I'm going to try a d find one!!

131.jpg

I had the ball bearing one and a much older relative gave me his paper one. It's only now I remember just how sad they were when I took a look at it, muttered thanks and left it on the floor...

Spent many an hour playing this. Dad and I made up a rule that if you hit it and it rolled over the fence it was 6.

Not officially part of the rules but hey, otherwise there's no 6s! (well, there was a little bit marked as 6, but this was way better :p )

My brother and I would spend hours playing as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spent many an hour playing this. Dad and I made up a rule that if you hit it and it rolled over the fence it was 6.

Not officially part of the rules but hey, otherwise there's no 6s! (well, there was a little bit marked as 6, but this was way better :p )

Did you have the 'old' style weighted string released bat, or the newer, fancier spring released bat!!šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

A hearty and thrilling congratulations to Greek born (Aphrodite :) ) Melbourne raised and passionate Carlton fan Ange Postecoglou for winning the Japense Soccer/Football League as manager/coach of Yokahoma :)

This is a very significant and watershed moment for Australia's round ball community, The J-League is one of the very best leagues in Asia and the fact Ange is a Carlton boy at heart makes me even more proud !!!

images

A hearty and thrilling congratulations to Greek born (Aphrodite :) ) Melbourne raised and passionate Carlton fan Ange Postecoglou for winning the Japense Soccer/Football League as manager/coach of Yokahoma :)

This is a very significant and watershed moment for Australia's round ball community, The J-League is one of the very best leagues in Asia and the fact Ange is a Carlton boy at heart makes me even more proud !!!

images

Did you just find out now šŸ‡¬šŸ‡· Ange šŸ‡¬šŸ‡· is a Carlton supporter :p

Did you just find out now šŸ‡¬šŸ‡· Ange šŸ‡¬šŸ‡· is a Carlton supporter :p

Nah, knew it for years, back when he was coaching South Melbourne in the NSL :) (Been a Hellas fan from way back)

how's the kerfuffle over this cheating golfer......commentators don't even have the decency to struggle to keep a straight face........it's actually a thing.....

He seriously copped it on the course...worst I saw from a yank too...turned around and gave a fist pump when he won the second hole...a face you'd love to punch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back