Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Nah...North will gut them. Lauderdale will wonder the point of their existence at the pub on Monday week. As we all should have suspected ten years ago when the statewide restarted, North Launceston are simply doing what they've always done and built a long term structure to ensure they utterly dominate whatever comp they play in, like they've done every bloody time throughout their history and especially in modern times. Amazing organisation, and they're about to rubber stamp themselves as the TSL's clear all-time no.1 side...bunch of f###s...!

Been saying it all year, southerners are barking up the wrong tree in their reasoning for this dominance, whinging about player movement up north once Burnie and Devonport were out, and fearing an imbalance with Launceston being the other prong in a northern onslaught. It's not how big it is, it's how you use it...Launceston proved that by failing, and North will underline their quality next week. It might be a few years before they are out of a GF conversation...

Nah...North will gut them. Lauderdale will wonder the point of their existence at the pub on Monday week. As we all should have suspected ten years ago when the statewide restarted, North Launceston are simply doing what they've always done and built a long term structure to ensure they utterly dominate whatever comp they play in, like they've done every bloody time throughout their history and especially in modern times. Amazing organisation, and they're about to rubber stamp themselves as the TSL's clear all-time no.1 side...bunch of f###s...!

Been saying it all year, southerners are barking up the wrong tree in their reasoning for this dominance, whinging about player movement up north once Burnie and Devonport were out, and fearing an imbalance with Launceston being the other prong in a northern onslaught. It's not how big it is, it's how you use it...Launceston proved that by failing, and North will underline their quality next week. It might be a few years before they are out of a GF conversation...

Nice troll. Have you been getting bored up their in the tropical trees? ;)

Instead of turning this into a norf/sarf thing, maybe think about where the competition is going. Nowhere unless we bet some balance in it.

I know you'd be squarking if the situation was reversed. Looking at the reserves GF shows the depth of the 2 ONLY norf sides in the TSL.

Anyway, the game.

Lauderdale just survived a very game & undermanned Glenorchy. The pies had a good game plan, but not enough bigger bodies. Missing Book ends Bowden & Grant killed them in the end. Then their only tall player ended up in Hospital. I hope the lad is ok today. It took a while for Boscott, the Darwin boys & some others to get going. They looked slow & did a lot of chasing, so If they get within 10 goals of North Launy, it'll be a good effort. Winter might need to take a few lessons from yesterday or it could get real ugly again.

Nice troll. Have you been getting bored up their in the tropical trees? ;)

Instead of turning this into a norf/sarf thing, maybe think about where the competition is going. Nowhere unless we bet some balance in it.

I know you'd be squarking if the situation was reversed. Looking at the reserves GF shows the depth of the 2 ONLY norf sides in the TSL.
Yeah, right, I must be trolling if I think you're wrong...

The weather is gorgeous up here, by the way. I guess it always looks better when the sky isn't falling...seems to be happening in Hobart a lot these days. Hope it didn't all cave in completely during the all-south Preliminary Final yesterday, played between 2 sides who both unceremoniously booted Launceston out of the race in the past fortnight...also worth mentioning that North, who are playing in the reserves GF, finished 4th and had to make the GF from the EF...

Last edited:
Webster 2 weeks for the head butt, off to the tribunal on Wednesday for the coward punch.

Last edited:
Well here we are. GF tomorrow, the big dance!

Good luck both teams.

Winter is talking the talk. Unlike last year, I hope they can take it up to the Northern Bombers. Lauderdale spent up & recruited well. Whether its enough will soon be seen. Both are strong physical sides. NL have been the benchmark for 3-4 years now.

Hope its a good day & a good encounter.

Also good luck to the ladies teams. Despite what NL have said, I believe they deserve a place on the stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's hard to see Lauderdale being competitive for too long. NL too good, pretty much decided by half time.

In front of only about 4000, which gets reported as 6500.

If Lauderdale play like last week, they'll get roasted by 100. If they play like the week before then it might get interesting, for a while at least.

I guess a GF is a two horse race after all, so anything really is possible.

Well here we are. GF tomorrow, the big dance!

Good luck both teams.

Winter is talking the talk. Unlike last year, I hope they can take it up to the Northern Bombers. Lauderdale spent up & recruited well. Whether its enough will soon be seen. Both are strong physical sides. NL have been the benchmark for 3-4 years now.

Hope its a good day & a good encounter.

Also good luck to the ladies teams. Despite what NL have said, I believe they deserve a place on the stage.

Spent up? Give me a ******* spell

Not a drubbing at 3/4 time, so that's something. Scrappy though, and even a relatively small margin looks too much unless the whole game changes.

No but Lauderdale looked cooked by just after 1/2 time. Despite the pregame talk, they had nothing much up forward. I think they were lucky it was greasy early & blustery all day. Otherwise it could have been a real blow out again.

Launceston reserves won as predicted & the Glenorchy women won a close encounter.

So congrats to the winners.

No but Lauderdale looked cooked by just after 1/2 time. Despite the pregame talk, they had nothing much up forward. I think they were lucky it was greasy early & blustery all day. Otherwise it could have been a real blow out again.

Launceston reserves won as predicted & the Glenorchy women won a close encounter.

So congrats to the winners.
Yeah, I only got to see after half time. Lauderdale were outplayed through the second half, they looked like a side that was on the wrong end of four tough weeks and a level below as well.

Yeah, I only got to see after half time. Lauderdale were outplayed through the second half, they looked like a side that was on the wrong end of four tough weeks and a level below as well.

Yeh. They tried I guess. They struggled to put away an undermanned Glenorchy last week so maybe that showed they were going to run out of legs. Maybe they'll look to bring in some more interstate recruits next year.

North Launceston 7.21 (63) d Lauderdale 4.9 (33)

Wasn't much of a spectacle at all.
Very poor crowd too, would've been well under 4,000 (in other words AFL Tas will report it as about 5,541), not much different to the SFL and NWFL Grand Final crowds.
Ground looked in poor nick too, like it hadn't been watered for three weeks, reminded me of Shark Park at Dodges.
Yes found the live stream to be choppy as well. Ended up listening to it on ABC Radio for awhile there.

North Launceston 7.21 (63) d Lauderdale 4.9 (33)

Wasn't much of a spectacle at all.
Very poor crowd too, would've been well under 4,000 (in other words AFL Tas will report it as about 5,541), not much different to the SFL and NWFL Grand Final crowds.
Ground looked in poor nick too, like it hadn't been watered for three weeks, reminded me of Shark Park at Dodges.
Yes found the live stream to be choppy as well. Ended up listening to it on ABC Radio for awhile there.
Certainly have to hope the Invermay Rd side was a bit more populated (it usually is). Otherwise there might not have been much over 2000 people.

Certainly have to hope the Invermay Rd side was a bit more populated (it usually is). Otherwise there might not have been much over 2000 people.
Mate of mine from up North went and he said it was the smallest crowd he'd seen for a grand final at York Park and was lucky to be 3,500, most were on the broadcast side.
I've also noticed that the TSL has not released an attendance figure for the first time in the league's history.
That means they're probably still trying to make one up.
The lowest crowd ever recorded for a TFL/TSL decider was 3,640 in 1934 and I wouldn't mind betting we just saw the lowest of all time (but they will never, ever admit to that of course).
It's not just the state league either that's battling poor turnouts.
Similarly, the SFL didn't release theirs either after last week's decider, that too was not a large turnout, approximately 3,200.
Not sure what the final figure was for the NWFL final at Latrobe today but anecdotally the turnouts at Wivenhoe for the Darwin FA final and Youngtown for the NTFA Division 1 preliminary final weren't great and the Old Scholars preliminary final at North Hobart was under 400 (albeit in terrible weather conditions).
Gotta wonder where the revenue comes from to keep all this running when the public seems disinterested in the whole thing. It's such a shame really.

Mate of mine from up North went and he said it was the smallest crowd he'd seen for a grand final at York Park and was lucky to be 3,500, most were on the broadcast side.
I've also noticed that the TSL has not released an attendance figure for the first time in the league's history.
That means they're probably still trying to make one up.
The lowest crowd ever recorded for a TFL/TSL decider was 3,640 in 1934 and I wouldn't mind betting we just saw the lowest of all time (but they will never, ever admit to that of course).
It's not just the state league either that's battling poor turnouts.
Similarly, the SFL didn't release theirs either after last week's decider, that too was not a large turnout, approximately 3,200.
Not sure what the final figure was for the NWFL final at Latrobe today but anecdotally the turnouts at Wivenhoe for the Darwin FA final and Youngtown for the NTFA Division 1 preliminary final weren't great and the Old Scholars preliminary final at North Hobart was under 400 (albeit in terrible weather conditions).
Gotta wonder where the revenue comes from to keep all this running when the public seems disinterested in the whole thing. It's such a shame really.

They released it at the ground, 4,400

Remove this Banner Ad

Back