Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
My take on it, just an opinion.
1st problem is Brighton area should be a Glenorchy Zone. Clarence has the Lindisfarne area already which is a growth area and a strong area for juniors.
2nd problem Newtown High. So easy for kids to walk across to NTO to train with NHJFC.
3rd problem years of being belted. Kids don’t want to go to bad teams.
4th problem disconnect from Claremont juniors. Claremont normally get teams to under 15s then fold. Those kids get lost to either quitting, going to North Hobart because their school mates play there or lost in SFL twos/18s.
5th problem low socio-economic area where parents can’t afford fees/ driving kids to games or would rather kids on an iPad or PlayStation and not pushing exercise.
6th problem AFLTAS not being stronger with kids to play in your zone. They need to start calling bluffs. Thankfully for Glenorchy sake they stopped Simpson and Thompson from going to NH at start of year. Anyone in these zones choosing to play elsewhere should be prevented.
Yeah North Hobart have always had some great juniors and New Town high had a good school boys team, Must be a way to help with fees as it now is expensive, you make some good points...

My take on it, just an opinion.
1st problem is Brighton area should be a Glenorchy Zone. Clarence has the Lindisfarne area already which is a growth area and a strong area for juniors.
2nd problem Newtown High. So easy for kids to walk across to NTO to train with NHJFC.
3rd problem years of being belted. Kids don’t want to go to bad teams.
4th problem disconnect from Claremont juniors. Claremont normally get teams to under 15s then fold. Those kids get lost to either quitting, going to North Hobart because their school mates play there or lost in SFL twos/18s.
5th problem low socio-economic area where parents can’t afford fees/ driving kids to games or would rather kids on an iPad or PlayStation and not pushing exercise.
6th problem AFLTAS not being stronger with kids to play in your zone. They need to start calling bluffs. Thankfully for Glenorchy sake they stopped Simpson and Thompson from going to NH at start of year. Anyone in these zones choosing to play elsewhere should be prevented.

Here's my point of view about the first problem
I've talked to a few ex Brighton lads that are now in the academy. they simply said Clarence is a ridiculously long way to travel and their future isn't looking too bright as there's plenty of Clarence players coming thru the ranks (U13, U14s, U15s, U16.5s). Glenorchy talent in the juniors isn't that great and I agree that the Brighton Area should be a Glenorchy Zone as it'll increase the chances of other players getting the spotlight who are now wasted at Clarence. (I'm not talking about Darcy Gardner or Baker-Smith)

Clarence juniors are ridiculously strong. Couple this with Lindisfarne being in the gf in 13s and 15s and Brighton being in the prelim in 14s and it looks like a tsunami for the future. Then you look at Tigers and Glenorchy and the gap in youth coming through is mind boggling.

Clarence juniors are ridiculously strong. Couple this with Lindisfarne being in the gf in 13s and 15s and Brighton being in the prelim in 14s and it looks like a tsunami for the future. Then you look at Tigers and Glenorchy and the gap in youth coming through is mind boggling.
The system was created by S.Wade to look after the eastern shore clubs.

Apparently Glenorchy originally had Brighton then it was removed for Clarence at the last moment. Right now they have the 3 sons of ex Glenorchy players at Clarence.

NHFC likewise don't have a growth area but have used the loophole of having the Souths private schools in their area so attract kids & their friends to North. Its been good for North as they wouldn't exist except for those schools. Some are thankful for that, but its really not right.

The boundaries need to be redrawn & enforced for some level of fairness. Alternately, no boundaries. The current system is biased towards 2 clubs.

Really, the TSL is not sustainable until we get more northern clubs. Given another NL premiership is cheapening such success as we know how stupidly one sided this competition has become. Its in their best interests to see it not fail, otherwise NL v Bridgenorth!!!

AFLTas wanted a 2nd TSL. They controlled it. They've let it desend into a farce.

Note to AFLTas, make your bloody minds up. This is the 2nd SWL you've FKT up. Get it right or just piss off altogether.

NHFC likewise don't have a growth area but have used the loophole of having the Souths private schools in their area so attract kids & their friends to North. Its been good for North as they wouldn't exist except for those schools. Some are thankful for that, but its really not right.
Hobart had a partnership of sorts with St Virgils College in the early to mid 2000s when a life member, the late Brian Harvey, used to conduct clinics with the College and bring HFC players along to get involved.
Built up a great rapport with them and the boys were invited, if they wished, to come along to Hobart and be involved in the club in future. They weren't under any pressure or obligation to do so but the invite was always there.
We got heaps of good young players from St Virgils and were strong in all three grades and got a lot of good clubmen out of that.
Who put the kibosh on that and totally ruined it?
S.Wade 🙄

The system was created by S.Wade to look after the eastern shore clubs.

Apparently Glenorchy originally had Brighton then it was removed for Clarence at the last moment. Right now they have the 3 sons of ex Glenorchy players at Clarence.
tract kids & their friends to North. Its been good for North as they wouldn't exist except for those schools. Some are thankful for that, but its really not right.

The boundaries need to be redrawn & enforced for some level of fairness. Alternately, no boundaries. The current system is biased towards 2 clubs.

Really, the TSL is not sustainable until we get more northern clubs. Given another NL premiership is cheapening such success as we know how stupidly one sided this competition has become. Its in their best interests to see it not fail, otherwise NL v Bridgenorth!!!

AFLTas wanted a 2nd TSL. They controlled it. They've let it desend into a farce.

Note to AFLTas, make your bloody minds up. This is the 2nd SWL you've FKT up. Get it right or just piss off altogether.

See https://www.tasmanianstateleague.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/TSL-Rules-and-Regs-2019.pdf and check out Section 10 10. DEVELOPMENT ZONES as they currently apply to each club or area. These are based on residential address.

See https://www.tasmanianstateleague.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/TSL-Rules-and-Regs-2019.pdf and check out Section 10 10. DEVELOPMENT ZONES as they currently apply to each club or area. These are based on residential address.

Glenorchy

The region west of the Derwent River and north from Derwent Park Road and including the Derwent Valley north of Dromedary.

Clarence

The area east of the Derwent River from the Rokeby Fire Station and in a direct line north to and including Brighton, Pontville and Mangalore and south of the Bridgewater Bridge. This zone will also include Cambridge, Campania, Richmond, Woodsdale, Colebrook and Oatlands. The line to be considered the eastern boundary will be the Rokeby Fire Station and Woodsdale. This zone will also include the suburb commonly known as Tranmere indicated by a line south from the Rokeby Fire Station to Droughty Point

This seems unfair.

Glenorchy

The region west of the Derwent River and north from Derwent Park Road and including the Derwent Valley north of Dromedary.

Clarence

The area east of the Derwent River from the Rokeby Fire Station and in a direct line north to and including Brighton, Pontville and Mangalore and south of the Bridgewater Bridge. This zone will also include Cambridge, Campania, Richmond, Woodsdale, Colebrook and Oatlands. The line to be considered the eastern boundary will be the Rokeby Fire Station and Woodsdale. This zone will also include the suburb commonly known as Tranmere indicated by a line south from the Rokeby Fire Station to Droughty Point

This seems unfair.
Extremely unfair indeed.

Anyone else heard any Juciey rumours as of player moment going into next season

I’ve heard

J.Bowen-ST Virgils
B.Bester-Glenorchy
B.Walsh-DOSA

and as of a coaching rumor

d.winter-Claremont

Anyone else heard any Juciey rumours as of player moment going into next season

I’ve heard

J.Bowen-ST Virgils
B.Bester-Glenorchy
B.Walsh-DOSA

and as of a coaching rumor

d.winter-Claremont
Bowden to St Virgils. On approx $20k for the coaching job I was told.
Taking a few with him out to the bike track apparently.
Claremont were rumoured to be approaching Kim Excell, again.
Bryce Walsh to DOSA's an interesting one, there's so many players running around in the Old Scholars that are capable of playing in the SFL but choose not too, I often wonder why that is.
Is it because the SFL's a lot more physical than the Old Scholars? Have to train a lot less at OSFA level than the SFL? Less commitment?

I know it’s not a normal year but this finals set up is a bit of a farce, for Clarence to be essentially in the same position as North Launceston heading in is ridiculous, one team has lost more than its won and the other only lost once.

I think they should have squeezed an extra round of mid week roster matches in and played a normal finals series.

Bryce Walsh to DOSA's an interesting one, there's so many players running around in the Old Scholars that are capable of playing in the SFL but choose not too, I often wonder why that is.
Is it because the SFL's a lot more physical than the Old Scholars? Have to train a lot less at OSFA level than the SFL? Less commitment?

I’m a former local footy umpire and I i use to find the old scholars more entertaining closer games better crowds etc that might just be me but that’s why I’d choose to play in the old scholars, and it seems these days kids that don’t wanna play TSL seem to go to old scholars rather then SFL

Not having to travel very far would be a big reason if it was me. I would think the training would be similar Tues and Thurs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The old scholars is a higher standard than the SFL IMO and has the same level of commitment. Yes, the SFL is a more physical competition but the old scholars is a more skilful and free flowing

He’s right

I watched the live streams of the Old scholars grand final and the SFL 2nd semi last week and the old scholars was a much better spectacle, skills were better, they appeared to play to a structure and was lot more free flowing.
The SFL match was very scrappy, congested with a lot of hack kicks forward in hope.

They must have added a dozen or more players to their list and none of them are kids, if by doing this and not expecting a huge improvement why would you do it?

Thats not even taking into account the full time availability of their Devils players.

Wouldn’t have thought it be unrealistic for anyone to expect them to be performing much better than they are.
[/QUOTE

Your points are valid and I strongly agree with both comments.
It could be seen as disrespectful to the TSL, by assuming a club will well, due to recruiting below average football players from lower level football leagues. “VFL recruits” has been a dramatic exaggeration.
1 or 2 wins was an excellent achievement from Richard.
Unlucky to get the sack if it was based Purely on Wins/losses

Geez the umps have got some of the votes wrong. As it’s being released day by day and now you can see the stats some of the votes have been ridiculous.

Geez the umps have got some of the votes wrong. As it’s being released day by day and now you can see the stats some of the votes have been ridiculous.

Certainly takes the gloss off the award, some of them have been absolutely laughable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back