Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
The mud at Lauderdale will slow Launy down a bit. Clarence & Nth Launy should be a close entertaining game. Big outs for Nth Hobart give Glenorchy a real chance. Could be a tight round.

Credit to Clarence. To lose class players in Webberley, Green, Jackson, Gardner & Buechner but not drop away too much shows talent the club produces. Premiers in 2s & 18s last year. Look at ladders and they're top in 18s & 16s this year. Won't drop away any time soon.

Nth Launy & Lauderdale now even and both play Glenorchy, Nth Hobart and Kingborough at Twins. If one can beat Tigers might be the decider. Or else who can get most percentage against bottom 2. Lauderdale were OK against Launy. They've made them work hardest this year. McGuinness good on Thurlow.

Credit to Clarence. To lose class players in Webberley, Green, Jackson, Gardner & Buechner but not drop away too much shows talent the club produces. Premiers in 2s & 18s last year. Look at ladders and they're top in 18s & 16s this year. Won't drop away any time soon.

Nth Launy & Lauderdale now even and both play Glenorchy, Nth Hobart and Kingborough at Twins. If one can beat Tigers might be the decider. Or else who can get most percentage against bottom 2. Lauderdale were OK against Launy. They've made them work hardest this year. McGuinness good on Thurlow.
Lauderdale with just under 6% head start on North, gonna be interesting, the Glenorchy games for each of them could be the difference, they can be really bad on their day and fall right away and lose by 150.

I think the competition needs a Clarence V Lauderdale final to breathe a bit of life into it, plus it’ll guarantee at least two weeks of finals in the south, because let’s face it, the GF will be a non event.

I think the competition needs a Clarence V Lauderdale final to breathe a bit of life into it, plus it’ll guarantee at least two weeks of finals in the south, because let’s face it, the GF will be a non event.
How many gfs have there been in the South in the last decade? Glenorchy lost to NL and NL beat Lauderdale when UTAS was unavailable. Any others?
The lack of quality teams from the South has caused a generation missing out on GF southern rivalries. Can you imagine the buzz of it was an SFL GF with Lauderdale vs Clarence or Tigers vs Lauderdale/Clarence.

How many gfs have there been in the South in the last decade? Glenorchy lost to NL and NL beat Lauderdale when UTAS was unavailable. Any others?
The lack of quality teams from the South has caused a generation missing out on GF southern rivalries. Can you imagine the buzz of it was an SFL GF with Lauderdale vs Clarence or Tigers vs Lauderdale/Clarence.
There has been 4 down here since this version of the state league started and one was by default.

2015 was the last time a Southern team earnt a home GF. Ridiculous.
After the 2010 final it's been in Hobart twice (2015 and 2019) and the latter was moved to Hobart because Launceston was unavailable because of the ground being dug up for drainage and relaying.
Little wonder there's a tremendous lack of interest in the south over the TSL or footy in general these days!!

Even the comps below TSL like the SFL seem to have plateaud out at around 4k from highs of up around 6-7k in the 2000s, Old Scholars about 2k.
Stale and tedious.
Holding major finals at boring Boot Park won't help either. Soulless.

After the 2010 final it's been in Hobart twice (2015 and 2019) and the latter was moved to Hobart because Launceston was unavailable because of the ground being dug up for drainage and relaying.
Little wonder there's a tremendous lack of interest in the south over the TSL or footy in general these days!!

Even the comps below TSL like the SFL seem to have plateaud out at around 4k from highs of up around 6-7k in the 2000s, Old Scholars about 2k.
Stale and tedious.
Holding major finals at boring Boot Park won't help either. Soulless.
Soulless? WTF does that mean?

I've always said it was a stupid idea to build such a stadium in a virtual village area, on a beach. Shyte access with any sort of crowd, but soulless?

Please explain.

Soulless? WTF does that mean?

I've always said it was a stupid idea to build such a stadium in a virtual village area, on a beach. Shyte access with any sort of crowd, but soulless?

Please explain.
It means exactly that - soulless.
Unless fairly well packed it's got a rubbish atmosphere.
The average TSL crowd even for a final it sounds more like the Tuesday evening pairs Bridge event being held in the middle of a warehouse.
North Hobart, while not quite as modern, shits all over Boot Park as a footy ground.
I will never be convinced otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Garland put 10 biggies past his former club today at Boot Park. Clarence smashing NH by over 20 goals. Dees are light years away from winning another flag, been nearly 20 years since their last one.
Did Cal Daly chuck the coaching job in to just play instead?
Glenorchy took it up to Lauderdale for awhile there at the Tip but eventually Lauderdale got away to win by 14 goals.
Good to see the Dale in their old Cats jumpers again.I wonder if they'll ever return to that one day?
Kingston look to have sewed up second with a 4 goal win over NL down at the Twins.
Still can't see them getting within a bulls roar of Lonnie though. Still, a significant improvement from them.

Advantage Lauderdale in the race for 4th, big chance it’s gonna come down to % on the final day, let’s assume they both beat North Hobart by around the same margin who they both play in their next matches, North Launnie will need a massive win over Glenorchy, and Lauderdale if they don’t beat the Tigers will be trying to limit the damage.

Couple of things to play out, the Devils have a bye the week after next when NL play NH, will their players be allowed to play or will they want them rested heading into finals, changes those two teams significantly.

Will the Tigers rest a few in the final roster match against Lauderdale given they’ll be locked into 2nd, how bad was Lovell’s injury yesterday?

Last edited:
The Cats jumper looked great. Hopefully they go back to it.
Tomkinson and Lovell injured will be interesting the severity.
Looking like a Lauderdale vs Clarence final which would be a 50/50 game.
NH were meant to be the big improvers.

It means exactly that - soulless.
Unless fairly well packed it's got a rubbish atmosphere.
The average TSL crowd even for a final it sounds more like the Tuesday evening pairs Bridge event being held in the middle of a warehouse.
North Hobart, while not quite as modern, shits all over Boot Park as a footy ground.
I will never be convinced otherwise.

I think soulless is a bit rough.

Having been at BBL games with 12k-15k, also the VFL semi with 11K, It was brilliant. A crowd anywhere makes a difference.

I've been at The MCG with Port Adelaide v Melbourne quite a few years back. They had 15k, nearly all in the members. It was like being at a funeral!!

North Hobart is an amphitheatre in aspect. Its always good with any sort or crowd over 3k. However it had a chance to expand but the Council just CGAF. So it stays as a ground thats too small for AFL.

Having been in crowds over 20k at NHO, its insane when packed. The 1979 GF remains the most amazing game with near 25k squished in!!!

It put both the Bellerive & Utas in the shade when it was in full voice.

Ahhh! the old days, the greats, JD, Huddo, Binga, Rod Olsson!!!

Garland kicked his 10th at I think about the 15 minute mark of the last then came off and didn’t return. 10.2 I think it was. Gave off at least 4. Could have easily kicked 15. Was the most dominant game from a forward I’ve seen in the TSL in many years

So Nth Launy need 100+ wins over Nth Hobart & Glenorchy and for Kingborough to beat Lauderdale by few goals. Could happen but everything would have to go right. Cats will have a lot more to play for than Tigers in that game.

Kingborough just held Glenorchy to 1.4 in 6 quarters from 1/4 last game to 3/4 this game. That has to be a record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back