Getting Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

The website is designed to obfuscate and pressure you to make an urgent decision pushing you towards more costly tiers and rather than spiraling around the ground from row "A" to the back, I believe they purposely push further back seats to early purchasers, knowing that you are going to purchase no matter what where late comers may be more inclined to give it a miss.

I also find the short windows during working hours appalling when you know the game is going to be played for months. Not all members have the ability to down tools during these periods or to contact your mates during that time. I have no idea how those who may not be able to work the internet easily.

In times like this, I am glad I am not vying for tickets with another 75,000 members.

I believe they purposely push further back seats to early purchasers, knowing that you are going to purchase no matter what where late comers may be more inclined to give it a miss.

This is 100% how they do it. They open up only certain sections initially, knowing those getting in early will be going and taking whatever they can get. Then keeping certain sections open for the late comers who will decide to go if offered decent seats.

I got sick of friends/family waiting until the day of and getting offered far better seats than what I could get 3 weeks earlier. So I'm now a late comer.

looks like my Ballarat add-on was worth eff all. No access to the tickets

Not sure what the issue is, I've got Bulldogs mates who secured tickets this morning. Give the club a buzz is my suggestion.

Not sure what the issue is, I've got Bulldogs mates who secured tickets this morning. Give the club a buzz is my suggestion.
Been on the club by phone for the last 30mins... 31 mins and even the Sons of the West is wearing thin for the 15th time.

Made my case last year and it hasn't changed. I wanted an allocated seat, even if it was only 1 game in 3. I'm not prepared or able to chase tickets during work time. Not hard to print a members ticket with a little square to punch out. Technology has just gone overboard to the detriment of common sense.

The QR code system is similarly stupid. Belmont Hotel has QR code check-in but the Vic Gov QR app doesn't recognise "That" QR code. dumb, dumb, dumb.

When I worked for IBM, we always said IBM = "It's Better Manually".

Kayo, however, is great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eventually got a seat in the end with a new barcode needing be generated.
First attempt was row Y (I think that is in southern Bendigo),
Second attempt, same seat (Y),
Third attempt, same seat (Y)
Fourth attempt - Row C

Go figure.

What are the seats like at Ballarat?

Never been, I'm a bigger bloke so want to pre-plan lmao.

I got my tickets in the second window yesterday, but **** me it will be the last time I purchase seating. Me and two teens with silver social club memberships and we get stung $59 + $55 + $55 + booking fee. We live reasonably locally (within 30min drive), and so far I've attended 5 previous games - 4 in seats, and 1 on the southern hill. I pour a couple of thousand into the club each and every year, and get jack-sh1t discount on seating. How does a Marvel seat cost an extra $10 with my membership, but Mars costs an extra $59? And the Ballarat add-on is a rip-off as well, given my existing membership status. This is a combined gouging by the club, the AFL and the ticketing agency. Quite frankly, they can all go and **** themselves.

Go Dogs.

For the cost involved, I expect the club to come out and guarantee a comfortable win, and Gill to ensure a 30-5 free kick count our way. But being a life-long Bulldog, I won't be surprised to get done in a dour contest, umpiring to be sh1t (as it has for the past 50-odd years), and all results in other games to go against us. Oh well, hoping it's the former and not the latter, but not holding my breath.

GO DOGS! :largeredcircle: :mwcirlce: :largebluecircle: :bulldogs:

For the cost involved, I expect the club to come out and guarantee a comfortable win, and Gill to ensure a 30-5 free kick count our way. But being a life-long Bulldog, I won't be surprised to get done in a dour contest, umpiring to be sh1t (as it has for the past 50-odd years), and all results in other games to go against us. Oh well, hoping it's the former and not the latter, but not holding my breath.

GO DOGS! :largeredcircle: :mwcirlce: :largebluecircle: :bulldogs:
You forgot to mention the hail storm just on half time turning into snow and being so dark in the final quarter that they don miners helmets - all except Caleb, he's the canary.

Was anyone able to get Row A or is B still the closest to the boundary?

We're in D at Mars. At Marvel two weeks ago we were in C, with A roped off, assume this was the same all around the stadium? And hence why you're asking?

Edit: Surely you weren't up at 3:37 writing articles or compiling stats OG?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back