Getting Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

No it's not sustainable especially when we have a vaccine alternative. Eventually it will get out of control somewhere (not necessarily in Victoria) and become a widespread outbreak, just as it did in Victoria last year. Snap lockdowns and public gathering restrictions are still the best tool we have at the moment apart from the vaccine.

The problem is getting a critical mass of people vaccinated. While roughly a third of the adult population are deferring any thought of having the vaccine we will just have to endure snap lockdowns (or public gathering restrictions) each time there's a hotel quarantine outbreak. And you can be assured they WILL keep happening.

I'm in group 2a and now eligible so I am trying to get mine but I'm in Vic at the moment not at home in the ACT so it's a bit problematical. Have you had yours?
Got mine a week ago. Just need to demystify it for people. I understand the reticence. I was nervous despite my best efforts not to be.

'Check-in' culture in Melbourne is shocking.

Just came back from Adelaide and you're told to check-in everywhere. Want to get seated at a restaurant, why don't you check in first. Walk into a shoe shop? Check in and feel free to look around.

That leadership and enforcement needs to come from the top - as it is in SA where businesses know that there'll be spot checks and fines. As far as I know it's been weak at best here in Vic.
I agree with this. Been to Sydney previously, and it's a different story up there as well. No QR, no entry. Down here it's "oh yeah there's the check in thingo how many beers you want?"

Any idea if the AFL have got their sh!te together yet and said ... "Check back at Midday tomorrow for an update" or something similar? A lot of us have to juggle flights, accommodation and potential refunds. They really don't give a rat's toss bag do they!

Any idea if the AFL have got their sh!te together yet and said ... "Check back at Midday tomorrow for an update" or something similar? A lot of us have to juggle flights, accommodation and potential refunds. They really don't give a rat's toss bag do they!

It's not their decision to make

It's not their decision to make
They could keep people informed - and that is their remit. A statement stating that "A decision is not likely to be available before hh:mm tomorrow" would be useful. They are aware of the meeting tonight and tomorrow morning and the anticipated confirmation time. Don't take members as muppets.

They could keep people informed - and that is their remit. A statement stating that "A decision is not likely to be available before hh:mm tomorrow" would be useful. They are aware of the meeting tonight and tomorrow morning and the anticipated confirmation time. Don't take members as muppets.
Frrrrrrrrk, stop blaming the AFL because it doesn't make your travel plans simple. YOU live in a global pandemic, stop feeling sorry for your self because it impacts you going to a game of frrrrrrrrk football

Get a grip.

'Check-in' culture in Melbourne is shocking.

Just came back from Adelaide and you're told to check-in everywhere. Want to get seated at a restaurant, why don't you check in first. Walk into a shoe shop? Check in and feel free to look around.

That leadership and enforcement needs to come from the top - as it is in SA where businesses know that there'll be spot checks and fines. As far as I know it's been weak at best here in Vic.
They need to put snipers at every venue to shoot on sight if someone tries to enter without scanning. Dan needs to embrace the Dictator title.

Shoot them in the legs if they try to defend themselves and are the ‘anti-mask’ types.

They will announce later today the details. I would say likely go on sale tonight or tomorrow, possibly with restricted crowd numbers

There is a big chance no crowds just need 1 case today that they cannot be linked straight away and becomes a community case and we will be in lockdown. If this does not happen I would say they go on sale tomorrow morning.

Was planning on going but have re-evaluated. I'm in the higher risk age group (over 50) and still trying to get a vaccination ... maybe this afternoon with any luck.

So I thought I'd just watch it where I'm staying on FTA, but it seems like it's only on Kayo. Is that correct? I thought all Friday night games were on FTA ... 7Mate or whatever. They certainly are in Canberra. Can someone clarify?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was planning on going but have re-evaluated. I'm in the higher risk age group (over 50) and still trying to get a vaccination ... maybe this afternoon with any luck.

So I thought I'd just watch it where I'm staying on FTA, but it seems like it's only on Kayo. Is that correct? I thought all Friday night games were on FTA ... 7Mate or whatever. They certainly are in Canberra. Can someone clarify?
It's on channel 7

Frrrrrrrrk, stop blaming the AFL because it doesn't make your travel plans simple. YOU live in a global pandemic, stop feeling sorry for your self because it impacts you going to a game of frrrrrrrrk football

Get a grip.

Thank you, somebody needed to say it.

So when can we get tickets now given the game is proceeding

Why do you think a bunch of random people on an internet footy forum will have the answer?

They need to stop d***ing around and just call it now - no crowds in Melbourne be this weekend. Nip this thing in the bud straight away. No delay.

Yes, it’s s***, but don’t keep stringing us along and please spare us the ‘well, we’ll just open the Marvel roof’ especially when the MCG is listed as an exposure site, last time I checked the G doesn’t have a roof and you sit just as close to each other at Marvel.

They need to stop d***ing around and just call it now - no crowds in Melbourne be this weekend. Nip this thing in the bud straight away. No delay.

Yes, it’s s***, but don’t keep stringing us along and please spare us the ‘well, we’ll just open the Marvel roof’ especially when the MCG is listed as an exposure site, last time I checked the G doesn’t have a roof and you sit just as close to each other at Marvel.
Are you going to have lockdowns each time there are cases? Because this will happen for years

Vaccination doesn't stop someone getting it

Are you going to have lockdowns each time there are cases? Because this will happen for years

Not saying lockdown at all. Don’t put words in my mouth. What I’m saying is that if are restrictions on visitors to the home and social distancing, it’s a bit hypocritical to then say to 25, 30, 40k people to sit cheek to jowl at Marvel for 2 and a half hours. One weekend of no crowds is better than no crowds for the rest of the year.

If only it's as simple as you've put it, right?

I mean it's not like they have to consider a myriad of factors including
- vaccination (bugger all so far)
- where the infected parties have been (well our contract tracing has been piss poor)
- who their close contacts are

Lockdown is an extreme way to prevent spread, and our current systems in place can't be trusted enough for us to go to extremes.

Not saying lockdown at all. Don’t put words in my mouth. What I’m saying is that if are restrictions on visitors to the home and social distancing, it’s a bit hypocritical to then say to 25, 30, 40k people to sit cheek to jowl at Marvel for 2 and a half hours. One weekend of no crowds is better than no crowds for the rest of the year.
Well I agree with making a call either way and sticking with it

If only it's as simple as you've put it, right?

I mean it's not like they have to consider a myriad of factors including
- vaccination (bugger all so far)
- where the infected parties have been (well our contract tracing has been piss poor)
- who their close contacts are

Lockdown is an extreme way to prevent spread, and our current systems in place can't be trusted enough for us to go to extremes.
Vaccinations won't stop lockdowns, let's be honest. That said I will be getting it once eligible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back