GF umpires thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
I reckon the Cats have been getting awarded some very dubious or worse still, soft free kicks all game.

It's like everyone (the commentators & the umpires) are expecting the Cats to win so everything is biased against the Hawks.

Really frustrating to watch these decisions being given especially when we have a really good contest on our hands.

Re: The Hawks Are Being 'Ripped Off By The Umps

No doubt there have been some dodgy ones!

That one against Buddy was a disgrace and then 2 mins later Robbie Campbell missed out in the Cat's goalsquare.

Shows you how well the Hawks are playing, though they're still in front

yep. geelong were being handed the game every time the hawks were coming. some of the softest free kicks given to geelong

That downfield was the worst decision I think I've ever seen, Ling still had the ball in the centre when the free kick was called ffs.

Mitchells report should be thrown out as well, hit him fair in the shoulder didn't touch his head.

Worst umpiring all year!

Geelong don't need any help to win the game and have got so many free kicks to them which weren't there.. something is foul.

Hawks are employing cheap tactics, umps havent been that bad. Just cause Geelong are getting frees doesn't mean they aren't there.

Why was the WA ump dropped again?

****ing idiots that run this league.

Straight up the worst umpired quarter this year.

Re: Worst umpiring all year!

Geelong don't need any help to win the game and have got so many free kicks to them which weren't there.. something is foul.

Have You Seen RD 2 Lions vs Pies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just count the free kicks which resulted in goals to the cats. The umpires are handing the FAVOURITE team this game on a platter.

Woeful performance by the umpires. I'm a nuetral and I don't get hot-headed about this s**t usually, but the Hawks have been bent over.

If they go down then all hell should rightly break loose.

Agree..

Umpires are a disgrace, Hawks are doing great considering the charity Geelong are receiving!!

There has been some ordinary decisions against them but at least they were able to pull away with an awesome 3rd term in spite of that...the heats on now

So the All Australian umpire was not given the gig to umpire the Grand Final yet Scott McLaren was? Truly mind-boggling.
and Vozzo The Clown - Those 2 ruin a Good Game of Footy:rolleyes:

Hawks are employing cheap tactics, umps havent been that bad. Just cause Geelong are getting frees doesn't mean they aren't there.

Sounds like you're a little biased.

I can honestly say I watch this game with no bias whatsoever, and just want to see a fair game.

Hawks were raped in the third quarter, free kicks against Roughead and Franklin were absolutely disgraceful, the downfield free kick was even worse...and the umpiring throughout the game hasn't been much better (both ways).

agree cant believe this crap being served up by the umps, so many goals in the first half to geelong from frees plus numerous stuff ups by the umps in the hawks half. like the commentators said on channel 7 you want the winner to win on its merits and for me geelong will not have if they win the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back