Gibbs is now a Crow

How do you feel about the Bryce Gibbs deal?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Eh - Gold Coast, Carlton even Melb and to an extent GWS... all prime examples that having a million draft picks do nothing on their own. Sydney, Hawthorn, Geelong and even Richmond last year... all big traders and bringing the right talent in to an already strong group.

Lol using hawthorn as example of a team going all in for another shot at the flag.

How did that work for them this year?

How have the swans gone with buddy and tippet?

How have geelong gone with their loading up on old guys?

Richmond have traded the least of all those sides. They developed their own talent.

??? We have two players who can cover Lever? Agree they aren't as good but would you the upgrade Gibbs provides on, say a Mackay/Seedsman/Milera is a smaller upgrade than the downgrade of Lever to Keath/Doedee?

We're then going into next years superdraft with three top 25 picks?
These super drafts are mythical beasts.

And anyway, ask any of the draft experts and the top 20 or so this year is as strong as any year and we had two picks. We already had two picks next in the top 25 next year.

I hope our media ask Reid about his "two firsts would be irresponsible" comment last year and yet 12 months later he gives two firsts.

We weren't coming of a GF appearance last year though. Proof is there that the team is close to a flag. Finishing 5th and missing a prelim after being blown away by the swans leads to different questions on list management with regards future vs present.

I hope our media ask Reid about his "two firsts would be irresponsible" comment last year and yet 12 months later he gives two firsts.
TBF, I'm not positive, but in context, wasn't he referring going into next year's trade (this trade period) with no first round picks as a result, being irresponsible. But now we're better stocked with first round picks. ??

Lol using hawthorn as example of a team going all in for another shot at the flag.

Richmond have traded the least of all those sides. They developed their own talent.

Wouldn't be comparing a team that hasn't won a flag in 38 years to hawks or Geelong

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

God you are boring.

I preferred the strategy of going into the next two drafts loaded up with picks and growing the squad together however it's done.
Move on it's time to embrace the deal and hope his inclusion is the difference.

He is a solid roleplayer.

We paid more for him than we got for danger.

Its a farce.
thats more a reflection on noble than on reid. and hence why noble is no longer with us. the trade is solid.

we are an AA half back and midfielder short. i hope bryce can bring solid leadership to this group too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We weren't coming of a GF appearance last year though. Proof is there that the team is close to a flag. Finishing 5th and missing a prelim after being blown away by the swans leads to different questions on list management with regards future vs present.
exactly, weren't prepared to be daring when we should have been, now we're in full FOMO mode.

thats more a reflection on noble than on reid. and hence why noble is no longer with us. the trade is solid.

we are an AA half back and midfielder short. i hope bryce can bring solid leadership to this group too.

At least noble stood strong and got us something.

Reid pissed himself and gave it all away.

TBF, I'm not positive, but in context, wasn't he referring going into next year's trade (this trade period) with no first round picks as a result, being irresponsible. But now we're better stocked with first round picks. ??

So we have no first round picks this year, exactly the same result if we traded two firsts last year (2016 first and 2017 first).

Given up the same 12 months later and we could have had Gibbs this year, s**t list management whichever way you look at it.

Well played SOS got what you wanted AND had Gibbs for another year.

Woah, it's a dry drilling.

Hindsight is easy, but if we did the deal last year (2016 and 2017 1sts plus 2nd rounders) would we have a flag and a couple of picks this year? Hard to say.

Anyway, the club has gone all in on 2018, so at least they've made a call on where they see the list. One other factor is that it may prove decisive in convincing Rory to sign on for a couple more years.

Look, the comments that this deal
represents better value is pure PR and a face-saving exercise on behalf of the club. Nothing like a soul-destroying grand final loss and your midfield being completely outgunned to make you see the error of your ways.

The club knows they messed up not getting Gibbs last year.

Yes, what we’ve paid for him is one first round pick too many.

No, it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things.

We had to get Gibbs. Period.

Also, look at out trade history with Carlton. Do you think that was not in the back of Silvagni’s mind all week? No way he was coming out of this without salvaging some face.

Back