Expansion Gold Coast going past many other clubs?

Remove this Banner Ad

right now march 26 2013 the gold coast are ahead of: GWS, Melbourne, st Kilda, western bulldogs. about equal with Brisbane right now. but I think it's a bit of a jump to the next group (carlton, collinwgood, Adelaide, richmond, essenodn, north) they wouldn't be favoured against any of those teams on a neutral ground.

right now march 26 2013 the gold coast are ahead of: GWS, Melbourne, st Kilda, western bulldogs. about equal with Brisbane right now. but I think it's a bit of a jump to the next group (carlton, collinwgood, Adelaide, richmond, essenodn, north) they wouldn't be favoured against any of those teams on a neutral ground.
Dunno about that. Reckon our chances of beating Richmond anywhere are better than average.

Gold Coast 'went past' 4 clubs (3 excl. GWS) by finishing 14th last year.

You'd expect them to keep improving because their oldest player is 31 and the bulk of their squad is 23 or younger with 60 or less games experience. They'll start building a core of players with 100 games experience before they need to think about life after Ablett.

What's difficult to gauge is what their ceiling is. O'Meara for example was outstanding in his first year, but is he the sort of guy who will play at that level from game 1 to game 250 or will he be in the top echelon of AFL footballers in his 3rd or 4th year? These sort of questions apply to all of their young players. It's tough to build a premiership winning team by rebuilding an existing squad let alone from scratch, so I'm fascinated to see just how good they will be.

The only teams above GCS are Hawks, Freo, Sydney, and Geelong. They can beat any other team right now.

Will challenge Geelong and Sydney at home. May not win, but confident of at least a good showing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back