Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

1:00pm on Sunday. As far as I'm aware Brisbane's academy doesn't really have any standouts in this age group. Bottom ager Noah McFadyen may be one to keep an eye on though. Here is the Brisbane line up that our academy will be facing on Sunday:

45a99300-a549-4607-bb73-259b105008a6-png.929918
Whats happening to the NT kids apparently they were supposed to play a match v gc and then a couple of them were going to play for the suns in the last game. As Brisbane has been declared a hotspot by NT government would be hard for them to get in. Also means that most of their draft hopefuls have already gone a year without playing competitive footy which is not good

Whats happening to the NT kids apparently they were supposed to play a match v gc and then a couple of them were going to play for the suns in the last game. As Brisbane has been declared a hotspot by NT government would be hard for them to get in. Also means that most of their draft hopefuls have already gone a year without playing competitive footy which is not good
Brisbane is no more hotspot. NT reverted it back yesterday.

Last edited:

teams are in for tomorrow.
View attachment 930262
So there are three bottom agers in that side - Bodhi Uwland (Burleigh), Finn Brown (Broadbeach), Will Bella (Mackay) and one overager in Josh Gore (Broadbeach). Surprised to see Austin Harris didn't make the team and I can't seem to find his name in any of Broadbeach's sides this weekend so I'm not really sure what's happening with him.

Also, after the Gold Coast-Tweed Shire border bubble announcement yesterday, Tweed's Jed Foggo shouldn't have an issue playing for our academy next week and the week after because both games will be played on the GC. Obviously he'll miss tomorrow's game because it's in Brisbane and might also miss the fourth game that's scheduled to take place in Brissy as well.

So there are three bottom agers in that side - Bodhi Uwland (Burleigh), Finn Brown (Broadbeach), Will Bella (Mackay) and one overager in Josh Gore (Broadbeach). Surprised to see Austin Harris didn't make the team and I can't seem to find his name in any of Broadbeach's sides this weekend so I'm not really sure what's happening with him.

Also, after the Gold Coast-Tweed Shire border bubble announcement yesterday, Tweed's Jed Foggo shouldn't have an issue playing for our academy next week and the week after because both games will be played on the GC. Obviously he'll miss tomorrow's game because it's in Brisbane and might also miss the fourth game that's scheduled to take place in Brissy as well.
Think Colenso and Buckland are overages but the former has a late birthday so may be able to stay with the academy next year

Think Colenso and Buckland are overages but the former has a late birthday so may be able to stay with the academy next year
Good pick up. Interesting that Colenso plays for Morningside in Brisbane but is a Park Ridge (Logan) junior which is right on the edge of our academy zone. Very similar to Alex Sexton who played junior footy for Springwood and Redland inside Brisbane's academy zone but lived further south in Logan inside our academy zone. I think this situation will bode well for us in the future because there are historical examples of this being a good outcome for us - Michael Voss was a Morningside junior but lived in Beenleigh and would have been a member of our academy.

YETFwkL.jpg

live stream starts in a couple minutes.
Little bit of confusion over the start time. According to Brisbane's team sheet, it will start at 1:00pm. So a little over 10 minutes from now.

Super excited to watch Bella play for the first time!

Little bit of confusion over the start time. According to Brisbane's team sheet, it will start at 1:00pm. So a little over 10 minutes from now.

Super excited to watch Bella play for the first time!
Yeah
I got confused when the stream said it was starting at 12:30..

but not long now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice snap finish from Fyfe there. Coomera junior who kicked the winning goal after the siren for Helensvale High in the Queensland school grand final last year so he knows how to kick a goal. Could be a potential small forward draft option for us.

Commentators were talking up Bella just before. Seems like we're not the only ones excited about him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back