Resource Gold Coast Suns Rebrand

Best rebrand option

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

On to something. Looks surfy and retro. Is the S meant to be wave inspired. That's what I'm picking up
I literally just googled "oval shaped S logo" to try and illustrate what the description before might look like! So just nicked it to quickly knock up something, hopefully they dont steal it! :p

You’ve actually nailed the guernsey design that I liked. I’m impressed.

For the logo it’s not wavy like that. Imagine it fits into the current oval logo. And lines are horizontal, thinner from the bottom getting thicker.

These two weren’t together in the group though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They should just hold fan contests for a new guernsey design like Port did in the late 2000's and Hawthorn did in 2016 for their clash.
Disagree. The fans in most cases don’t know s**t. Take the Eagles retro guernsey for example. The Ocha was the one they should’ve gone for. I appreciate the 94 looked fantastic but absolutely no one knew the old AFL logo and a retro HJs badge were part of the deal.

I see Port fans complaining about their current guernsey all the time and quite frankly I agree. It’s stale.

Disagree. The fans in most cases don’t know s**t. Take the Eagles retro guernsey for example. The Ocha was the one they should’ve gone for.
For years, I always saw that design in so many "worst guernsey designs" lists, it's in that same realm of Hawthorn's "Power Rangers" guernsey.
I see Port fans complaining about their current guernsey all the time and quite frankly I agree. It’s stale.
It's because they want Port to wear their prison bar guernsey, but they consider that fan guernsey to be superior than their first AFL home guernsey.

For years, I always saw that design in so many "worst guernsey designs" lists, it's in that same realm of Hawthorn's "Power Rangers" guernsey.

It's because they want Port to wear their prison bar guernsey, but they consider that fan guernsey to be superior than their first AFL home guernsey.
I mean if that’s on the worst guernsey design lists you’ve just proven my point that most times the fans don’t know s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think they need to ditch the logo at all. In fact it's a great logo it's just that they never truly realised its full potential. Anyway, here's my Gather Round kit from last year which does attempt to make Gold Coast more, well, gold. And as a bonus it symbolises the yellow and red flags along the beaches up there so there ya go
GCS2.png

Disagree. The fans in most cases don’t know s**t. Take the Eagles retro guernsey for example. The Ocha was the one they should’ve gone for. I appreciate the 94 looked fantastic but absolutely no one knew the old AFL logo and a retro HJs badge were part of the deal.

same with freo

46439637691_fff7fa5668_o.png

The fact Gold Coast haven't introduced some sort of rounded sun element on their guernseys is beyond me, and I felt this was the simplest "footy jumper" way to implement it, as well as keeping the monogram. Keep the mostly red home guernsey, which is a big part of their brand, and a simple inverse provides an adequate away guernsey. Then for a clash, a black and gold design is there for the taking and the Suns are the ideal team to use the colour set.

job was already done in 2018. 👀

Back