Good luck David Teague & Thank You

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm, what I'd like to say to him if I met him in person.

Maybe, "Thanks Teaguey. It's just a shame we're a shambles of a club, that didn't treat you with the respect you deserve. Best of luck in future."

Thank you so much David T.

I was (and still am) one of unabashedly greatest fans, and really wish things could have turned out differently for you, as senior coach, you certainly did bring an excitement and positive energy and buzz to the club during your tenure that I haven't felt in years.

Best of luck to you and your family going forwards DT, I wish we could have parted on happier circumstances, but you are still a quality Carlton person who should be welcomed back at our club anytime.

I sincerely think you deserve another chance at being a senior coach else one day Teague.

I for one will miss you around our club.

Bad luck Teaguey, dispite the pros and cons you faced and were delt with, you backed yourself in, had a crack and gave it your best…
All the very best to you now and whatever the future holds…

Not having a crack at you personally, necessarily. Just, it's awfully interesting how some figures from or within Carlton are portrayed as victims of Carlton where others are the villains, whose exit elicits sympathy where others are considered to be well rid of.

For me, the whole thing is interesting if only due to all the external reaction based on nothing more than media opinion. Makes me wonder how many people outsource their thinking in other parts of their lives.

It's simple really. If you are still at Carlton, you are a villain. If you are getting turfed out of Carlton, you are a victim.

Bit of a pity about Teague.

He always came across as a geniuenally nice guy in the press conferences, etc.

I also like the fact that he tried to play an attacking brand of footy which looked really good (when it worked).

I am curious as to whether he had lost the playing group in any way, 2 years is such a short amount of time to give a coach.

He clearly lost the players, not as a person, but as a coach trying to communicate what he wanted them to do. This was evidenced through anonymous methods the review used to get player feedback. The majority were confused by the game plan which Teague steadfastly clung to, and were unhappy with the communication they received. This was painfully obviously in game to the observer.

Just dropped by to say that I think this is an extraordinary decision. His winning % is second only to Ratten's and he's been moved on? This seems very hasty. Also, could the CFC have humiliated him any further?

Good luck with Ross Lyon.

Firstly, we haven't hired Lyon as yet, but it seems you are being sarcastic in your well wishing. We really don't know that he has been humiliated. It was Teague's choice to wait to find out the findings of the review. He was given the choice to discuss it sooner.

His winning % is irrelevant in terms of where we were and where we were expected to be based on list demographics. It isn't the losses either, it was the manner of the losses and the inability to change what wasn't working.

Apologies for intruding here on your board.

The way I see it it's just not good for the game when clubs are vulnerable and bleeding from the top. Like them or hate them.
For example I hate Bombers with passion as a Hawks man but even more so because of the peds saga.
But I'm actually glad to see them make finals with a totally different team and different club admin. Means that
there will be more members, more cash, more sponsors and better future for the club in general. It's just good for the game.
Hence why I want Gold Coast to succeed in some way regardless of them being fairly new club.

Don't particularly like Blues or Pies either but it's just bad for the game if 2 of the big 4 are in dire straits.
Hope to see them in better days moving forward.

Not sure if other non-Blues fans see it the same way.

Thanks for your concern you realize we finished higher on the ladder and have more members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good Luck DT. Appreciate all your effort, I really believe you tried your best and did believe in what you were doing.
Sometimes things just don't work out.

Great Bloke Teague a lot say and I’m sure there right, but unfortunately this venture was a bump in the road of what I’m sure will be a fulfilled journey thanks for your time David , all the best in future ventures.

Apologies for intruding here on your board.

The way I see it it's just not good for the game when clubs are vulnerable and bleeding from the top. Like them or hate them.
For example I hate Bombers with passion as a Hawks man but even more so because of the peds saga.
But I'm actually glad to see them make finals with a totally different team and different club admin. Means that
there will be more members, more cash, more sponsors and better future for the club in general. It's just good for the game.
Hence why I want Gold Coast to succeed in some way regardless of them being fairly new club.

Don't particularly like Blues or Pies either but it's just bad for the game if 2 of the big 4 are in dire straits.
Hope to see them in better days moving forward.

Not sure if other non-Blues fans see it the same way.
Who else don’t you like? Bulldogs, crowd and Dees as you’re a hawks supporter and all. That was one of the most time wasting posts of the year. Thank you.

Thanks Teaguey! Had high hopes at the start, stuck by you when the heat was coming, but unfortunately I started losing faith towards the end.

Injuries certainly didn't help your cause, but I feel a full squad might have just papered over the cracks and lulled us into a false sense of security.
Hope he gets an assistants gig elsewhere if he wants to. Was a cracking assistant.

Really appreciated the Teague offense when it was firing. One of the most ballistic and fun to watch styles in the AFL. The second quarter against Adelaide this year was pure wizardry. The 1st quarter against port Adelaide last year after being down 18-0 was some of the best ball movement we’ve seen at the club for a very long time. Even against gws I could see the blueprint of what DT envisioned. It’s a shame that he was too stubborn to acknowledge his deficiencies and adapt in a proactive manner. Seems like he thought he had more time.
Anyways, good on ya teaguey. All the best

Thanks Teaguey, good luck for the future, hope your back in footy soon, too good to not be.

Not having a crack at you personally, necessarily. Just, it's awfully interesting how some figures from or within Carlton are portrayed as victims of Carlton where others are the villains, whose exit elicits sympathy where others are considered to be well rid of.

For me, the whole thing is interesting if only due to all the external reaction based on nothing more than media opinion. Makes me wonder how many people outsource their thinking in other parts of their lives.
Good point you make. The media have a lot of responsibility in telling the facts but they
generally fuel the victim/villain scenario. We all form opinions from the information that is given.
Don't know much about Blues board members but I'm sure they have clubs/members best interests is their goal.

Thanks David. Like Bolts before you, wish it had turned out better. Good luck with whatever comes next. There was some great patches of footy that were enjoyable to watch, just need to work on plans for the other patches. And find a way to include and develop the youngsters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back