Goodbye to these Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry but this is just wrong. Aarts got gifted games he did not deserve. Let's not bullshit about this situation anymore because this is just rubbish talk. The real Tiger punters out there know what I am talking about. We all lived it so stop pretending he was some sort of great asset. If fact the games he was gifted probably hampered his own development because he never learned from the adversity that others do. The real lesson for everyone here is that players should be earning their games and not gifted games. It serves no long time benefits for anyone. Nobody begrudges Jake and we appreciate his efforts. If fact this is not really his fault and he is probably a victim of the situation himself. But seriously stop the garbage talk.
Never said he was the next Dustin Martin.

You say he never learned from adversity? He earned his way onto our list as a mature age recruit through persistent hard work and effort. Took the long road to AFL footy.
He doesn’t run selection. All he could do was bust his ass at VFL level to put himself in the mix, which he clearly did. I’d say he leaves the club knowing he’s given it a red hot crack and ultimately has come up a little short. No shame in that.

In fact it takes real character to go back to the VFL and perform like he and George did this year when dropped and under fire from the supporter base on social media. Both showed great mental strength in what must have been very testing times.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but this is just wrong. Aarts got gifted games he did not deserve. Let's not bullshit about this situation anymore because this is just rubbish talk. The real Tiger punters out there know what I am talking about. We all lived it so stop pretending he was some sort of great asset. If fact the games he was gifted probably hampered his own development because he never learned from the adversity that others do. The real lesson for everyone here is that players should be earning their games and not gifted games. It serves no long time benefits for anyone. Nobody begrudges Jake and we appreciate his efforts. If fact this is not really his fault and he is probably a victim of the situation himself. But seriously stop the garbage talk.

Aarts was gifted nothing. Earned every game he got . Gifting games isn’t a thing. Coaches want to win games not make friends.

People are going to come up with the old chestnuts, didnt want it enough, lazy, immature, let club down etc and whilst they all may be spot on, this guy had one of the toughest upbringings you can imagine and was surrounded by some of the lowest of lowlifes in that time. Perth Football Club basically had to teach him the everyday things that 99.9% of us take for granted so for him to get to AFL from where he was, is a magnificent achievement and puts a lot of the aforementioned chestnuts as sh*te as he got to AFL thru sheer hard work and guts. He's still a young immature kid with very little formal education and someone I was praying we would persevere with but alas, business comes first

So ... if I may. Do we just gift him another six years? Seven? 10?
I'm sure the club left no stone unturned.
In the end, Sydney Stack has to want it.

Aarts and martyn were "Not good enough ". Aarts winning the VFL Brownlow says it all. Just couldn't translate that to the next level up. Stack lacked elsewhere. Opportunity this season. Forced to play small fwd all year is a career killer.
He lacked discipline required to be a RFC AFL player and maybe plays in the EDFL.
Small forward is a tough gig no doubt, but stack need look no further for a good example of how it should be done than the other bloke we had playing a similar role for us in the VFL, Cumberland.

Cumberland kept banging on the door till he kicked it in and got senior selection. Stack was rarely in the best players at VFL level.

People are going to come up with the old chestnuts, didnt want it enough, lazy, immature, let club down etc and whilst they all may be spot on, this guy had one of the toughest upbringings you can imagine and was surrounded by some of the lowest of lowlifes in that time. Perth Football Club basically had to teach him the everyday things that 99.9% of us take for granted so for him to get to AFL from where he was, is a magnificent achievement and puts a lot of the aforementioned chestnuts as sh*te as he got to AFL thru sheer hard work and guts. He's still a young immature kid with very little formal education and someone I was praying we would persevere with but alas, business comes first

He needs some old indigenous yoda-Mr myagi type ex-footballer with time and money to mentor him. Nfi who

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez on a roll here. Again I don't write on here much.

A few thoughts on Stack:

1. He was on the fringe... and whilst maybe his talent would have gotten him into the best 22, the coaches (Dimma and co) issues is probably more on standards.

If we let people come back unfit and not ready every season, then worked them back up and then played them at the back end.....we would be letting standards slip. We would not be a finals winning team and we would be an unprofessional rabble.

Other players would think that is a possible route and before long, we are a s**t team that let's players get away with this crap. We are now telling the players....you need BOTH talent and work ethic to get here....and if you don't have work ethic....we will cut you.

2. Then you will say, well we should have managed him to the micro level so that he would be ready...get him in shape in his private life....step in and make him professional....WELL idiots: you are 1 step in the direction of Hawthorn....

The team from a business and professional work sense can get you so far....the lessons of Hawthorn probably freaked out Richmond just as much. If we can't control you in your personal life as much, best to cut them out now

So all those that want then there for his "talent"....do you want the other plays to follow his lead in work ethic? If not, and try to organise his life....do you want the next report from Richmond to say: controlling indigenous kids....haven't AFL learnt?

Bring in people who are hungrier....and they could be upgrades to role players....s**t, we just brought in 2 A listers

Bring back Stack, get rid of Castagna.
4d4ee0850105ea80b38f006e3a2f1d3a.gif

I’ve said the same a bout George and his shots for goal, when he started doing around the corner s**t he should have been dragged by the ear and forced to kick properly at training, instead he was gifted games and there was in his mind no need to improve his kicking for goal, and what coaching manual tells you to face the opposition goal when taking a set shot?

It's a real shame. The kid is only 22 years old and I'd have thought if any club could put a proper path out in front of him, it would have been Richmond. I guess it wasn't meant to be for him :(

Why I questioned the original post.
We have done all we can for him - in the end it comes down to the player.
Buisness first????? We are not a charity, we don't need to give him six more years to work things out.

Aarts got some good recognition for a solid 2022 with the VFL. He played more games in AFL than me. He is a tiger supporter so got to live his dream. He tried his best and that’s all we could ask. Good luck son.

Love it mate

I wanted him out of the team as much as anyone but once its all said and done not another bad word about him as his effort was unquestionable.

I dont mind getting back to reality and wishing I had lived his last three years.

Part of me wonders if we should be giving RCD another year but it might be just hating to bomb out on a pick 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back