Rumour Gossip From Burleigh Hill - 2024 Rumours Thread (SUNS Posters Only*)

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone said the third guy is Hayden Hill. If that’s the case I doubt this is a social catch up.
If that's Hayden Hill with them in the picture then it'd be hard to believe that they aren't at least asking Dusty the question. I've also read that it might be Wayne Campbell in the picture which just lends itself to even more speculation.

A fair amount of Richmond fans think he's gone and have turned their attention to securing our pick 4.

Looks like Liam baker with his back to us.
I guess there both coming 🙌🏽

Looks like Liam baker with his back to us.
I guess there both coming

Thought it looked a lot like Harley Reid

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I fail to see the problem - we’re swimming in high draft pick kids - think dusty is a huge get

3 x Norm Smith
4 x AA
4 x AA squad
1 x Brownlow

Rather that than another Hollands trying to squeeze into a talent packed young team.

Do the deal 👍
He is 32 and on 1.3-1.4 million dollars next season. We arent getting a 28 year old Dusty.

Levi Casboult will be 34 next year and will be in our starting 22.

Players don’t just die after 30

Exactly and even though Dusty is 32 who is to say we can’t just plonk him inside our forward 50 kicking snags with the occasional midfield rotation as he ages.

32 years old and just missed out on All Australian selection this year I think that says it all.

I fail to see the problem - we’re swimming in high draft pick kids - think dusty is a huge get

3 x Norm Smith
4 x AA
4 x AA squad
1 x Brownlow

Rather that than another Hollands trying to squeeze into a talent packed young team.

Do the deal 👍
What’s that superannuation slogan

“ past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance”

Dusty is a cherry on top player at his age. We have a year under Dimma to see if are improving to play finals, if so grab him. If not he may not want to come

Don’t get me wrong I would take him if the Tigers paid half and we gave them a late 2nd rounder. Anything more for a guy likely to be retired in 3 years is poor management IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s that superannuation slogan

“ past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance”

Dusty is a cherry on top player at his age. We have a year under Dimma to see if are improving to play finals, if so grab him. If not he may not want to come

Don’t get me wrong I would take him if the Tigers paid half and we gave them a late 2nd rounder. Anything more for a guy likely to be retired in 3 years is poor management IMO
Ablett played till 36/37

Nothing to say Dusty can’t kick 30-40 each year as a forward fifty target

Levi's not on 1.3 million next year

Sent from my SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly and even though Dusty is 32 who is to say we can’t just plonk him inside our forward 50 kicking snags with the occasional midfield rotation as he ages.

32 years old and just missed out on All Australian selection this year I think that says it all.
Taylor Walker is 33 and just got named in the AA team after finishing runner up in the Coleman Medal with 76 goals this season. Everyone knows high quality players are still capable of playing high quality footy in their 30s, it's just the pending physical decline that scares most people. Right now we know Dusty played 20 games this year and at least half of them were of an AA quality. He was probably stiff to miss out on the AA team in the end so you can't really fault his form.

Taylor Walker is 33 and just got named in the AA team after finishing runner up in the Coleman Medal with 76 goals this season. Everyone knows high quality players are still capable of playing high quality footy in their 30s, it's just the pending physical decline that scares most people. Right now we know Dusty played 20 games this year and at least half of them were of an AA quality. He was probably stiff to miss out on the AA team in the end so you can't really fault his form.
Suns are officially out of Martin race this year if it means anything. See Herald quote in our trade thread.

Last edited:
I feel like this year we did plenty of moaning (and rightly so) about our lack of a constant dangerous threat up forward (Rankine). Or the lack of silky delivery into the forward line.

We must really not want one that ticks both of those boxes and at the same time would be a genuine marquee player for us. IMO there’s considerable value in him, even in the short term of a couple years.

I like Martin as a player and he would suit us just fine BUT I would balk at paying him $1.4 mil for 2024, and if we give him a 2yr deal, how much are we paying him for yr2......
I reckon we let Richmond pay the 1.4 mil, Dusty gets his 300 deserved games for the Tiges and then if he still wants to come up, and we still need him in 12 months time, then we can look at getting him then, at a reasonable price.......and who knows, Pick 4 this year still might snaffle us another top line player.......stranger things have happened...

I feel like this year we did plenty of moaning (and rightly so) about our lack of a constant dangerous threat up forward (Rankine). Or the lack of silky delivery into the forward line.

We must really not want one that ticks both of those boxes and at the same time would be a genuine marquee player for us. IMO there’s considerable value in him, even in the short term of a couple years.
I’m pretty sure it’s not that we don’t want him, but more the fact that there is not a chance in hell we can fit his $1.4 million contract in our cap? Half of it, maybe, but Richmond would be out of their mind to pay a player $700k not to play for them.

I’m pretty sure it’s not that we don’t want him, but more the fact that there is not a chance in hell we can fit his $1.4 million contract in our cap? Half of it, maybe, but Richmond would be out of their mind to pay a player $700k not to play for them.
Probably also fair to assume that the AFL is unwilling to provide the ambassadorial money we would need to make it possible this year.

Probably also fair to assume that the AFL is unwilling to provide the ambassadorial money we would need to make it possible this year.
Probably not. Ambassadorial money can’t go to a player notorious for avoiding media etc. unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back