Goulburn Valley FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any truth to the rumour that Morgan has torn his hamstring badly and won't return and that Smith has a significant calf injury?

The way Morgs limped from the field it’s not a rumour; but time is on his side.
Smith has always had calf injuries which most spectators at the 2016 GF ( I think it was) would be familiar with when he hurt it early, went forward and kicked vital goals. Smith would need 3 calf injuries to stop him from playing 🤥

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sam came strait from Brisbane, never played at echuca at senior level. Williams is a Moama junior only played 1 maybe 2 years at echuca. Tom came from Nathalia as echuca did not want him back. Axle came strait from echuca. They have all played around 100 games for Ky now.
15 out of kys 21 on Saturday played thirds at Kyabram, their motto has been to keep and get back local talent. Not rocket science, thought a few other clubs might have caught on by now.
Good point
How long will it last?
Depth and kanga might get em ??

So what happens to those clubs Roota?
The clubs fold , the youth further experiment in drugs , receive no guidance or education , which leads to higher incidence of unwanted pregnancy and drug addiction particular in 15-16 years. This in turn leads to higher theft , to fuel drug dependency , which causes financial hardship upon middle to late age hardworking citizens which subsequently leads to low sleep , higher stress, mental stress , family break ups , suicides and their kids to experiment in drugs and re-commence the cycle.

Football / Netball clubs are way more than the success of a senior side.

The clubs fold , the youth further experiment in drugs , receive no guidance or education , which leads to higher incidence of unwanted pregnancy and drug addiction particular in 15-16 years. This in turn leads to higher theft , to fuel drug dependency , which causes financial hardship upon middle to late age hardworking citizens which subsequently leads to low sleep , higher stress, mental stress , family break ups , suicides and their kids to experiment in drugs and re-commence the cycle.

You just described Echuca, yet still plenty of footy clubs around.

Yes I’m a Rochy person

Well at least this predicament will provide Collingwood with suitable recruits.

Well at least this predicament will provide Collingwood with suitable recruits.

All jokes aside, this is the Sam Murray predicament. Henty boy who spent two years cloistered in the Swans academy without playing a senior game. Traded to Collingwood and almost immediately plays at the top level as a running half back. Sheltered country lad who tests positive to cocaine and is suspended pending ASADA investigation. Those in the quest for the almighty dollar will always sacrifice others to maintain the equilibrium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamstring torn off bone wot l got told
Smith will play
Ironside will play when pios finish
Vick after bye

Maybe “...time is not on his side” as I alluded to, and in fact Father Time is against Morgs. Hope what you were told not correct, but what will be, will be.

Why not. ?
Aside from.those who move late in their careers to coach , those who lose the desire to play GVL often do so at 24-25. If you want ready made players in the prime of their life or with their prime in front of them, for 1 point from district comps , you've got to be prepared to let blokes go who have some ability at the other end. It is the wanting something for nothing and not considering the other side , which often see's what should be a common sense solution, fail.

Maybe “...time is not on his side” as I alluded to, and in fact Father Time is against Morgs. Hope what you were told not correct, but what will be, will be.

I not 100 per cent sure
Just wot I heard last night at the ky rsl from some ky players
I hope he can get back he has
Been and is a terrific player for the club
Still think ky will win flag comfortably

I not 100 per cent sure
Just wot I heard last night at the ky rsl from some ky players
I hope he can get back he has
Been and is a terrific player for the club
Still think ky will win flag comfortably

Ky well and truly a mile in front. However, further injuries to key position players would hurt them. If he has torn it off the bone he won't be back this year.

Dillon Williams
Shaun Williams
Ben McPhee
Trent Bacon ( he may be a 2 pointer not 100% on what he was when he moved )
We will not see Trent Bacon in a Rochy jumper again.

The Williams boys and McPhee might be a chance at some point given a new environment in 2020 and beyond.

Why not Bacon?
Was not happy there. Regularly have a few beers with a bloke who knows Trent and Jared and their folks exceptionally well. Better than most. I asked him yesterday about the prospects and the answer was there was no chance!

If Trent were to leave Eaglehawk I imagine it would be for a season or two back at LBU with his brother and where his dad is President.

Hearing strong whispers that ex mooroopna full forward and twin brother of current mooroopna coach Robert Osborne is set to be announced as Shepp United coach for next year and beyond! Massive massive shock if true

Hearing strong whispers that ex mooroopna full forward and twin brother of current mooroopna coach Robert Osborne is set to be announced as Shepp United coach for next year and beyond! Massive massive shock if true
I’d have to agree with you on that Thirdmanup

Why is it a massive shock mate !! Captained mooroopna won there goal kicking many times Coached Cobram to the GF where just narrowly beaten.Coached Waaia to finals his credentials far beyond that of Scott’s and other coaches in the Gvl IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back