Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting article about the Hume league and what the cancellation of two years has done financially for league's, which will be a state wide issue.

Brad Scott as the GM for AFL Vic was completing a feasibility study of league's in the state to see how viable they are, after covid of course. With AFL strings pulled tight don't expect much to go into grassroots footy for comps across the state, money will all go to junior footy programs, I'd be surprised if any gets to community footy and explains why league's was so keen to complete a season
Brad Scott has been promoted so AFL Vic will have another new CEO .

Now that sounds like the next best thing for the Swans after Paul Hawke.
Two very good appointments from both Benalla and the Swans.
Unpopular opinion I’m sure. I like Paul Hawke don’t get me wrong and was obviously a great footballer and coach back in the day but he didn’t do anything with the swans to take them forward. Results show that over how many years? They still didn’t look near it this year and beat 1 team.

Unpopular opinion I’m sure. I like Paul Hawke don’t get me wrong and was obviously a great footballer and coach back in the day but he didn’t do anything with the swans to take them forward. Results show that over how many years? They still didn’t look near it this year and beat 1 team.

were the worst team I’ve ever seen field a senior team in gv a few years back, add to that their reserves forfeiting games and I think the turn around has been promising. They weren’t just coming from last they were that far back they would have had some decent hit outs against the top reserves teams.

It depends how you look at improvement they were completely on their bumpers when he took over with a few games to go in 2018. Swans didn't Win a game that year and had a percentage of 16%. In 2019 they Won 3 and also played a Draw with a percentage of 53%. Had 2 good Wins over United this year didn't get to play the Bears. Led Tat by 40 points and just got beat and didn't play them again. Had a real good crack at Ky as well I think 23 points was the final margin. They wouldn't be where they want to be but I think Hawkey added stability to the Club when they really needed it.

Fair enough Torps. I just thought the Swans were a basket case prior to Hawke coming back and he was on a hiding to nothing. What he did do was get a few Premiership players back to the club including Riordan.

Not sure if Finnen, Bell and Squires were back prior to his appointment but last year they were at least competitive. Hawke did some good things at Tatura years prior also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon he might have straightened up a sinking ship, looks like he put the club first and went about rebuilding the club the right way, unlike the pez who brought in a swag of big names who were quickly out the door

Has anyone else heard that things aren’t going too well at United? I’ve just been told the new coach might not make the start of the season because of a lot of stuff going on that he’s not happy about!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Has anyone else heard that things aren’t going too well at United? I’ve just been told the new coach might not make the start of the season because of a lot of stuff going on that he’s not happy about!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What I’ve been told is that Dwain Vidler was told he had the job under the reign of Chillcot and his board but a fair bit has happened since with a fair bit of upheaval with in the club wich I won’t disclose on here. Chillcot I’m told is no longer at the club wich means Dwain will most likely finish up at SE along with Rendina and Guilespie

What I’ve been told is that Dwain Vidler was told he had the job under the reign of Chillcot and his board but a fair bit has happened since with a fair bit of upheaval with in the club wich I won’t disclose on here. Chillcot I’m told is no longer at the club wich means Dwain will most likely finish up at SE along with Rendina and Guilespie
Same Chilcot who allegedly took on the role with the club $150k in debt and has apparently eliminated that debt.
Seems a real smart move to pot him 🤦‍♀️
Can also add Mitch Cleeland , who most think was their best player, to those who have departed. Understand many others are on the move as well.

Last edited:
Looks like wrens gone back to Rochy, is this the start of a big exodus?

Same Chilcot who allegedly took on the role with the club $150k in debt and has apparently eliminated that debt.
Can also add Mitch Cleeland , who most think was their best player, to those who have departed. Understand many others are on the move as well.

It isn't the smartest move. These are all the reasons why there was a delay in the appointment of the coach as the club was trying to work through the issues and hopefully resolve them. It looks like the best intentions did not come to fruition/ as planned. I can say there is division amongst the committee and this was apparently resolved but now everything has fallen apart. I am told there will be a new coach and not the one that was originally appointed. A sad state of affairs at a very proud club.

Darren Flanagan being touted as the replacement.

Interesting to note those thoughts Ringo. Flanagan left TAC cup football stating that he didnt want to be involved in footy any more then out of nowhere he is touted as boss of AFL Victoria. He is a good fellow but surely a new direction/ blood is needed and not more "jobs for the boys' appointments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back