Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Only one game yesterday at Deakin and don’t believe there’s any tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why have any you've got Shepp swans, mooroopna, Shepp east, congupna, tat Ardmona, it's the grand final this week, not just a home and away game, the ground shouldn't be trained on let alone played on all week

Left of centre observation.
If the GVFNL wants to move out of the dark ages they need to drop the hub, present a plan to AFL Vic for funding and go old school and have a person with support, who knows the league and can build it up again in charge. Everything about the GVFNL has been substandard in the last 5 years and surely now is the time to talk about how the clubs are rebuilt and what the league needs to do to get this underway. If you want to be the premier country competition( and lets face it at present that is a pipedream) have someone drive some reasonable outcomes. League sponsorship, Proper website presence/news, radio, live stream, score updates/ live scoring( Play HQ - give me a spell) merchandise channels and the ability to get some stories generated online from all teams would be a great starting point. Follow up would also assist clubs in getting volunteers (maybe its as simple as free entry to games and afternoon tea - drinks for a period of time that the league funds - show the volunteers they are wanted and valued) as well as some consistent face to face meetings with clubs (yes footy clubs run after hours) at 6.30pm-8.30pm to discuss clubs specific issues once every 6 weeks. I think some of the clubs would be wrapped to see a senior league official engage in their specific issues and try to assist if possible.
I am struggling to see how the league is going to improve, attract young talent to play a higher standard and become a destination league for ex VFL, AFL or interstate players if clubs start to fall over. The cornerstone of any success is support and my personal opinion is the league has lost its way as its being run as a business, which has not worked. I think the clubs would happily pay affiliation fees if they could see what they get for their money but at present its a contribution to the unknown.
Its impossible to live in the past as things are ever changing, but if the GVFNL is strong, all the other comps like Murray, Picola and Kyabram leagues improve as well. Participation rates are a massive issue and how does the league address the issue? The issue exists but my perception is its seen as a club issue. Its a league issue flowing through clubs.
If it doesnt improve quickly, there will be teams drop out and others look at alternatives. Is this an acceptable outcome?
It feels like Donald trump time but surely its now time to start thinking about how to make the GV great again? Rant out.

If the GVFNL wants to move out of the dark ages they need to drop the hub, present a plan to AFL Vic for funding and go old school and have a person with support, who knows the league and can build it up again in charge. Everything about the GVFNL has been substandard in the last 5 years and surely now is the time to talk about how the clubs are rebuilt and what the league needs to do to get this underway. If you want to be the premier country competition( and lets face it at present that is a pipedream) have someone drive some reasonable outcomes. League sponsorship, Proper website presence/news, radio, live stream, score updates/ live scoring( Play HQ - give me a spell) merchandise channels and the ability to get some stories generated online from all teams would be a great starting point. Follow up would also assist clubs in getting volunteers (maybe its as simple as free entry to games and afternoon tea - drinks for a period of time that the league funds - show the volunteers they are wanted and valued) as well as some consistent face to face meetings with clubs (yes footy clubs run after hours) at 6.30pm-8.30pm to discuss clubs specific issues once every 6 weeks. I think some of the clubs would be wrapped to see a senior league official engage in their specific issues and try to assist if possible.
I am struggling to see how the league is going to improve, attract young talent to play a higher standard and become a destination league for ex VFL, AFL or interstate players if clubs start to fall over. The cornerstone of any success is support and my personal opinion is the league has lost its way as its being run as a business, which has not worked. I think the clubs would happily pay affiliation fees if they could see what they get for their money but at present its a contribution to the unknown.
Its impossible to live in the past as things are ever changing, but if the GVFNL is strong, all the other comps like Murray, Picola and Kyabram leagues improve as well. Participation rates are a massive issue and how does the league address the issue? The issue exists but my perception is its seen as a club issue. Its a league issue flowing through clubs.
If it doesnt improve quickly, there will be teams drop out and others look at alternatives. Is this an acceptable outcome?
It feels like Donald trump time but surely its now time to start thinking about how to make the GV great again? Rant out.
is interesting to note the Gippsland FL left the hub model in recent times and went back to self governance. The facts are the comp standard is on upward trajectory, very well promoted via social media, radio game day coverage, in absence of a daily paper like Bendigo, Ballarat, Warrnambool, Shepparton, Albury-Wodonga. Clubs all have at least one player with VFL, AFL standard On it’s books. Looking from afar you’d think Leongatha, premiers this year, would be very competitive in any of aforementioned regions. In short, take control of your own destiny.

is interesting to note the Gippsland FL left the hub model in recent times and went back to self governance. The facts are the comp standard is on upward trajectory, very well promoted via social media, radio game day coverage, in absence of a daily paper like Bendigo, Ballarat, Warrnambool, Shepparton, Albury-Wodonga. Clubs all have at least one player with VFL, AFL standard On it’s books. Looking from afar you’d think Leongatha, premiers this year, would be very competitive in any of aforementioned regions. In short, take control of your own destiny.
Always been a very strong competition! Huge towns in Traralgon, Moe, Morwell, Sale and Warragul ensure strong clubs. IMO it would shade the GV as far as standard goes. The same can be said for the Ballarat League as well.

Love the Donald trump reference 😂.
I think you’d have to be living under a rock to not know there is rumours of people getting upon the board with the plan of move away from AFLGm administration .
People have been sounded out to gauge their interest in undertaking the admin role and rumour has it that a alternative office space has been acquired .
Edit : Could invisage the person tipped to be chair with the trump hairdo

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And then there are sides that don’t have them ,screaming out for experienced players .
Sides need those experienced 30 year olds. Be interested to know how many in Echuca's side are 30+? Tipping Walker, Kirkby, Morris, Valentine and Reid as a starting point ....

Ringo
(enter stage left.)

Sides need those experienced 30 year olds. Be interested to know how many in Echuca's side are 30+? Tipping Walker, Kirkby, Morris, Valentine and Reid as a starting point ....

Ringo
(enter stage left.)
Absolutely,probably the prime reason Echuca has all four grades in this Sundays Grand Final.
The mentoring from the senior players would be invaluable.
Of the above mentioned players only Valentine is under 30(same draft year as Ollie Wines),the younger players have flown under the radar,they are outstanding prospects.

Well done to the fella from Seymour. My biased rochy take, Shaun atley finished 5 votes behind the winner and missed a third of the season overseas!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back