Goulburn Valley FL 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to harp on about the old days …

From memory, Dirty & Eishold coached with minimal “hangers on,” bench wise.

From the Rochy perspective, can remember an assistant coach and chairman of selectors being hands on match days.
Love the 'old days' posts mate. The past week has seen some of the best posts for a long time.

Any truth that Vic Park will get a real workout before footy starts with the River Boats Festival being on the oval ?
Wouldn’t want a damp weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swoop I remember one year early 90’s Dax,Thorpe, Cooper, Lawrie, Hogarth, Trav Ryan etc all in the same side.
It’s been great reminiscing about the 80s and 90s bomber thanks to jayco 👍🏻
Just on Garry Cooper he didn’t play with Tatura in the 90s he played there late 70s and 80s winning the Morrison and 2 runners up , I feel privileged to have umpired him many of times and have always said he’s the best I’ve seen at GV level and as mentioned there was some magical players in that era

It’s been great reminiscing about the 80s and 90s bomber thanks to jayco 👍🏻
Just on Garry Cooper he didn’t play with Tatura in the 90s he played there late 70s and 80s winning the Morrison and 2 runners up , I feel privileged to have umpired him many of times and have always said he’s the best I’ve seen at GV level and as mentioned there was some magical players in that era
Pretty sure Cooper came back at the end of his gv career under Daxy for 1, maybe 2 years... wore #8 too 😆

My bad jayc come to think of it he did go back in a coaching role under the the great Daxy
When the big fella coached rushy did he continue with the brick carrying whilst running laps😂😂
Yep (and now I'll have nightmares about it thanks swoop 😆)... and fence posts on your shoulder with someone on top, then run a lap of the oval... pushing a wheel barrow full of dirt around the streets of rushy.... all old school stuff but geez it got us fit.

Seymour's Facebook page announce the loss of Ben Rigoni to Coburg VFL this morning. Reigning Morrison medalist. Lions midfield takes a hit in the guts there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep (and now I'll have nightmares about it thanks swoop 😆)... and fence posts on your shoulder with someone on top, then run a lap of the oval... pushing a wheel barrow full of dirt around the streets of rushy.... all old school stuff but geez it got us fit.
Did he win the Wycheproof King of the Mountain title at some point? Or is that myth? 💪

Apologies to any Posters who might be bored by the 80's - 90's chat ... But blame Jayco! I would hope none of you are, even if you don't know some of these names!

It's important that the GV thread remembers the guns from those days where posters can share their recollections and share them with the new generation of posters. Swooping Pie is genius at remembering players and games from the '80's. As an Ex- player, and umpire, Swoop knows stuff. Jayco and Bush Fly are pretty solid in the 90's with their recollections.

Just for the record, I have been accused of being an 'old bloke' on here. I am 55 years old so I guess that might make me an old bloke! I just remember players.
As a kid, I just loved watching GV '80's footy and all those guns Swoop and others mentioned.

Never bored with these reflections Silver. Memories and dreams are the best things in life!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nup that's true
Haha. Hence all the training you mentioned earlier ... 😂 So glad that was you rather than me Jayco! Bloody hell you guys must have been fit! Did he have you walking carrying the bag of grain?

Ps. How many kg's was the bag of wheat the King of the Mountain carried up that trek? Tipping 50 kgs.

Haha. Hence all the training you mentioned earlier ... 😂 So glad that was you rather than me Jayco! Bloody hell you guys must have been fit! Did he have you walking carrying the bag of grain?

Ps. How many kg's was the bag of wheat the King of the Mountain carried up that trek? Tipping 50 kgs.
65kg wheat bag up the mountain

Loved hearing dirty giving out sprays, no one was safe. These days it's Crowbar handing out advice from in front of the bar :sweatsmile:.

Best spray I saw dished out was at Kyabram’s coach Justin Sherman by Bomba Sheldon. Ken threw the board down in disgust after giving Shermo a huge serve and player magnets went everywhere. I spent 5 minutes trying to find them. The spray was deserved as Sherman was playing his own game and not by his own pre-match instructions.

Best spray I saw dished out was at Kyabram’s coach Justin Sherman by Bomba Sheldon. Ken threw the board down in disgust after giving Shermo a huge serve and player magnets went everywhere. I spent 5 minutes trying to find them. The spray was deserved as Sherman was playing his own game and not by his own pre-match instructions.

Didn’t happen to be in the Gf did it when Sherman was soft as butter and ordinary hence didn’t return after that day lol

Didn’t happen to be in the Gf did it when Sherman was soft as butter and ordinary hence didn’t return after that day lol

Nah didn’t make the GF under Sherman I think. Think the Swans beat us in a final at Deakin to knock us out- where Sam Sheldon was literally knocked out! This was a home and away game against the Swans at their ground.

Nah didn’t make the GF under Sherman I think. Think the Swans beat us in a final at Deakin to knock us out- where Sam Sheldon was literally knocked out! This was a home and away game against the Swans at their ground.

Swans won it in 14, thought Ky made the granny in 15 under Sherman but basically under Sheldon

Sherman Coached the Runner Up Season of 2015 then Newman took over. The Swans also beat Ky in the 2014 Prelim at Deakin on the way to that Flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back