Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just woke up to be graced by Echuca’s first team selection for the year. Once again, the perfect mix of seniority and young buck. It’s hard to see a world where they do not dominate again. How many years do they win this thing for?

Also as an oppo supporter it’s fantastic to see Danny Willis back. Always great to hang over the fence and give him a mouthful all in good faith of course

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I believe they have a few out too. It won't be a walk in the park. However, they will be at full strength from next week. Town growing, huge junior numbers, successful off field, sponsors lining up to be involved. I think the club could well outgrow the GV unless Moama step up.

Just woke up to be graced by Echuca’s first team selection for the year. Once again, the perfect mix of seniority and young buck. It’s hard to see a world where they do not dominate again. How many years do they win this thing for?

Also as an oppo supporter it’s fantastic to see Danny Willis back. Always great to hang over the fence and give him a mouthful all in good faith of course

Couldn’t disagree more. I see a few holes and a lack of depth and Willis a known cancer could kill the culture they have been creating there. I’ll be giving him a mouthful over the fence

Moama into the GV. Been saying it for years. And how good would a battle of the bridge be. Would even get a bigger crowd than GWS vs SYD 🤣

Agree, could flick off a couple of those irrelevant sides to the O&K and O&M like Benalla and Mansfield etc. make a better spectacle

Never heard him called Danny

Echuca make a statement with a 82 point win away with a far from full strength line up.Only used 25 points compared to Mansfield's 32. Not sure they will drop a game as the juggernaught continues. Club possibly outgrowing the league but the options are limited.The Bendigo League is a shadow of its former self. The only option for better football is the O&M but the travel is a big issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Echuca make a statement with a 82 point win away with a far from full strength line up.Only used 25 points compared to Mansfield's 32. Not sure they will drop a game as the juggernaught continues. Club possibly outgrowing the league but the options are limited.The Bendigo League is a shadow of its former self. The only option for better football is the O&M but the travel is a big issue.
Why go to another league mate more flags the merria they have some good operators at the club who have put a lot of good work in getting this great club to the power house they are today .Who are the walk ups to come into this side ringo

Why go to another league mate more flags the merria they have some good operators at the club who have put a lot of good work in getting this great club to the power house they are today .Who are the walk ups to come into this side ringo
Sam Willoughby and Ben Reid are two that I see missed but I was told there were 5-6 out.

Exactly Swoop. We had a Kyabram dynasty a few years back. Didn't Kyabram go undefeated one year and lose the GF? It's Echuca's turn and good luck to them. Under the current auspices they are dominating due to strong administration and good coaching. Happy days I say.

Chatter on the Bendigo board since Kyneton’s exit. Whispers of Gisborne moving on and questions around the longevity of Castlemaine and Maryborough.

If those three were to leave the BFL, would the stronger Bendigo based clubs possibly look to come east to the GV?

Would you have the GVL as a two-division comp to do that or would you push the eastern clubs to other leagues like the O&M or O&K?

I'd be curious to see other peoples feedback on whether the Bendigo clubs would be a significant improvement for the GVL. The Bendigo league's standing has dropped in recent years but clubs like Strathfieldsaye and Sandurst could be an interesting twist for the GVL.

Chatter on the Bendigo board since Kyneton’s exit. Whispers of Gisborne moving on and questions around the longevity of Castlemaine and Maryborough.

If those three were to leave the BFL, would the stronger Bendigo based clubs possibly look to come east to the GV?
Kangaroo Flat also on struggle street! The Bendigo league is on life support. Eaglehawk, Strathfieldsaye, Golden Square and Sandhurst the only clubs with a chance of winning the flag year on year. A resurgent Castlemaine adds a bit of interest. If Gisborne and Maryborough go options need to be looked at.

Echuca have a powerful junior setup people move to echuca compared to a shep, better lifestyle, the gv and bendigo could join a form a two tiered comp, if the lose gisborne, if you have the finals based teams from this year play in div 1 and non finals in div 2 with relegation promotion it might breath life into both comps

Echuca have a powerful junior setup people move to echuca compared to a shep, better lifestyle, the gv and bendigo could join a form a two tiered comp, if the lose gisborne, if you have the finals based teams from this year play in div 1 and non finals in div 2 with relegation promotion it might breath life into both comps
I'm doubting GVFL clubs are going to vote to join what will basically be a five club Bendigo League. Particularly if there is a resurgence in Shepparton sides this year and it sounds like all three will be more competitive.

Shepparton and Swans would be thinking finals.

I'm doubting GVFL clubs are going to vote to join what will basically be a five club Bendigo League. Particularly if there is a resurgence in Shepparton sides this year and it sounds like all three will be more competitive.

Shepparton and Swans would be thinking finals.
The Bendigo League has allowed itself to go down this 'Rabbit hole'. It's hardly the role of the GV to offer them an alternative. The loss of Echuca and Rochester 50 odd years ago is now biting them harder than ever before. Unless they can fast track Huntly and Marong they are in a world of hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back