Games Gridley - Please use spoiler tags!

Remove this Banner Ad

Been playing this for a couple of months now... It's a daily game where the aim is to get as low a score as possible.

• You have nine guesses to fill out the grid.
  • Select a player for each cell that matches the criteria for that cell's row and column.
  • For teams, the player must have played at least one game for that team at AFL/VFL level, or currently on their list.
  • For awards and statuses, the player does not have to have earned the accomplishment while on that team.
  • Click on a team or category name to reveal more about it's criteria.
  • A player cannot be used more than once.
  • Come back each day for a new grid!

Obviously the aim is to test your knowledge and do it without having to Google, and a lot are much harder than you'd think.

The grid resets every day at midnight, so it's a new test every day.

Genuinely given me quite a bit of joy from footy considering we're trash, and Collingwood and Carlton are in prelims.

Have a go, let's see your scores!

NEW RULE:
IF YOU ARE POSTING YOUR SCORES IN HERE, PLEASE USE A SPOILER TAG

Last edited:
I like it, got 159 today. Didn't take note of guesses going down until too late so only got 8 squares
I got 6 today, pretty happy with that. 2 has been my PB…

IMG_8136.jpeg

Yeah it was a good one today. Got Gumby as a top 10/wore 3 at 0.4% as my best. Got 45 today, pretty happy.
Ah man he was 2% earlier, I'd have preferred him

The game is broken!

Peter Jonas played SANFL for Centrals and VFL for North Melbourne. In his time with both clubs they never played in a grand final (Centrals made their 1st several years after he retired, North didn't make any in the 80s when he was there). He made AA as a 19yo in 1979 (I only know that because I follow Centrals),

Game did not allow!

Coz I was lazy I blew my "undo" earlier when I entered a very good option for a question (0.6%) but selected the guy with an extraordinarily similar name that didn't qualify.

Grrr.... other than the Brownlow/Richmond tile where there's naff all options I was doing well too :(

EDIT: Looks like it only considers records while at a VFL/AFL club. Peter Motley was an AA that didn't play in a GF at Sturt or Carlton, AA at Sturt only, not allowed.

Yesterday was play, today was taking it too seriously for the game to handle. Now that I know the rules, look out tomorrow!

Last edited:

No way I know some of those guys without using Google (Smith, Judkins, Thorp). I had Mark Lee as my 200+ gamer for Richmond, he was 0.6% for that as opposed to 0.4% for AA.

The only one I trumped you on was the no GF Brownlow medalist, I went Barry Round at 0.6%. Ian Stewart was as good as my memory went for the Richmond Brownlow medalist and he was 15%.

The "lazy" pick I was referring before was the AA for Geelong. Started typing John Newman, got as far as John New and I selected without really looking at the top option. Seems there was once a guy called John Newhnam. As it turns out the game stores John Newman as Sam Newman.

No way I know some of those guys without using Google (Smith, Judkins, Thorp). I had Mark Lee as my 200+ gamer for Richmond, he was 0.6% for that as opposed to 0.4% for AA.

The only one I trumped you on was the no GF Brownlow medalist, I went Barry Round at 0.6%. Ian Stewart was as good as my memory went for the Richmond Brownlow medalist and he was 15%.

The "lazy" pick I was referring before was the AA for Geelong. Started typing John Newman, got as far as John New and I selected without really looking at the top option. Seems there was once a guy called John Newhnam. As it turns out the game stores John Newman as Sam Newman.
When I was 12 or so I just went and memorised all the Brownlow Medalists for whatever reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like there's a chance the rarity score could change throughout the day. A few of mine have changed percentages since I did it a couple hours ago. 2 of mine went have gone down by 0.1%, offset by 2 going up by 0.1%

The rarity score seems to be the sum of the percentages? So it’s better to miss a square than to pick an obvious one?
Speaking from experience yesterday, NOPE. My score ended at 225 with 2 missed squares, all selected squares were in the "green" range (not sure what that is) through to mostly purple and a blue.

Struggled a fair bit today, though ended up with a better score than I thought I would. No undo used, though it was locked and loaded for my bottom right selection which I expected to bomb out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back