Guess where we'll finish?

Remove this Banner Ad

what were u guys realistically expecting across the last fortnight?

so far we have lost to

carlton-who were up and running and flag favourites the week we played them
sydney-@sydney, always a hard task for anyone
hawthorn-were flag favourites the week we played them? obv dissappointing this week
WCE - currently 1st on the ladder with 1 loss to the 2nd place team

Clearly we arent premiership contenders atm but its not as disastrous as some of you are making it out to be.

what were u guys realistically expecting across the last fortnight?

so far we have lost to

carlton-who were up and running and flag favourites the week we played them
sydney-@sydney, always a hard task for anyone
hawthorn-were flag favourites the week we played them? obv dissappointing this week
WCE - currently 1st on the ladder with 1 loss to the 2nd place team

Clearly we arent premiership contenders atm but its not as disastrous as some of you are making it out to be.

i dont think it is just the fact that we have lost, but also the heartless performances over the last 2 weeks. I dont think we will have an impact on the finals, but maybe slip into 8th and get a "pass" mark for the season.

It is just so friggin frustrating to see these performances whenwe all think that the team should be doing so much more.

Good enough team to make the top 6 if lyon let a few off the chain and let the boys play with some natural flair.... his not coaching st kilda anymore. imo 2nd best midfield going around after a fit carlton midfield. Lyon just needs to allow these boys to run, spread and play attacking footy especially at subiaco

I so hope we tank for picks, let Lyon recruit players for his game style. Add free agency and trades. Look out 2013.

I so hope we tank for picks, let Lyon recruit players for his game style. Add free agency and trades. Look out 2013.

Hate to burst your bubble, but don't assume that Lyon would use the picks on exciting young guys to bring in. If his past performance is any indication, he will trade these picks for hacks from Hawthorn, Richmond and total non starters from Essendon (at least that is what he did with us)

Agitate before the end of the year for youth, or you will be pulling your hair out with the rejects he will add to your list, in the name of body size and structure.

Hate to burst your bubble, but don't assume that Lyon would use the picks on exciting young guys to bring in. If his past performance is any indication, he will trade these picks for hacks from Hawthorn, Richmond and total non starters from Essendon (at least that is what he did with us)

Agitate before the end of the year for youth, or you will be pulling your hair out with the rejects he will add to your list, in the name of body size and structure.

Don't forget a Hack from Freo too! Brett "Pea Heart" Peak

We'll finish 8th or 9th on 12 or 13 wins.

We will beat GWS (home), Melbourne twice (home and way), Port (away), Bulldogs (home) putting us on 10 wins.

We will win two or three of Adelaide (home), Essendon (home), Richmond (home), North Melbourne (away) and Eagles (home).

That seems like an achievable situation there. Spoken 4.

As stated as of round 9 Freo are on 5 wins, 4 losses. So of the games Freo are likey to win are obviously what Spoken 4 mentioned above. I can also add Richmond at Home winnable. So make that 11 wins.

Collingwood at the MCG at round 14 is another heavy loss, Yet For some reason I reckon we can pinch 2 wins at AAMI. I reckon if we get the crows at AAMI in a bad week we will beat them.

I would predict us to finish around 14-15th based on current form.

Looking at the draw from this point onwards

Adelaide (home) - LOSS
Richmond (away) - LOSS
Essendon (home) - LOSS
Collingwood (away) - LOSS
Western Bulldogs (home) - 50/50
Melbourne (away) - 50/50
GWS (home) - WIN
Port Adelaide (away) - LOSS
West Coast (home) - LOSS
Adelaide (away) - LOSS
Richmond (home) - 50/50
North Melbourne (away) - LOSS
Melbourne (home) - WIN

I would be confident in us winning another 2 games, with a possibility of winning another 5 if we manage to hit some form. So best case scenario probably 10 wins, worst would be 7 and realistic probably about 8 or 9 for the season.

Very similiar to last year.

You guys will be alright. Will take a minimum of 12 months to learn and get the gameplan up and going. It didn't happen overnight for StKilda. You have a great young list with plenty of talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That seems like an achievable situation there. Spoken 4.

As stated as of round 9 Freo are on 5 wins, 4 losses. So of the games Freo are likey to win are obviously what Spoken 4 mentioned above. I can also add Richmond at Home winnable. So make that 11 wins.

Collingwood at the MCG at round 14 is another heavy loss, Yet For some reason I reckon we can pinch 2 wins at AAMI. I reckon if we get the crows at AAMI in a bad week we will beat them.

Our confidence is going to be rock bottom very soon.

The only teams we'll have a chance of beating are teams with worse midfields than ours.Which is Melbourne and port.

The dogs and tigers over here will beat us.

No. Anybody starting to feel just that little bit foolish? Not enough yet to bump the coaching threads, but its not looking rosy.

This makes no sense at all.

Its pretty obvious that Harvey wouldn't have served up that shite today.

That's BS. Ther's no way Harvey's defence of McPharlin, Silvagni, Broughton, a 2011 MJ, suban and Ibbo would have almost prevented WC from scoring in the first half. Instead they would have been up by 50 by the main break and we would have lost by 100.

My issue with Ross' plan on the weekend is that he somehow expects us to score with only three true forwards (not including the enigma that are defensive forwards, i.e. if a forward marks the ball and kicks a goal, you don't need to keep it in your 50), and two of them are being played in the mid. And as for playing Van Berlo and Crighton, all I can hope is that he's seeing what's in the fridge before disposing of the out of date seafood.

10th.

I would predict us to finish around 14-15th based on current form.

Looking at the draw from this point onwards

Adelaide (home) - LOSS
Richmond (away) - LOSS
Essendon (home) - LOSS
Collingwood (away) - LOSS
Western Bulldogs (home) - 50/50
Melbourne (away) - 50/50
GWS (home) - WIN
Port Adelaide (away) - LOSS
West Coast (home) - LOSS
Adelaide (away) - LOSS
Richmond (home) - 50/50
North Melbourne (away) - LOSS
Melbourne (home) - WIN

I would be confident in us winning another 2 games, with a possibility of winning another 5 if we manage to hit some form. So best case scenario probably 10 wins, worst would be 7 and realistic probably about 8 or 9 for the season.

Very similiar to last year.
Is that our run home is it??

If so, I believe you've nailed it.

Bond is in charge of list management. We won't our first two picks.

No. Anybody starting to feel just that little bit foolish? Not enough yet to bump the coaching threads, but its not looking rosy.

People have short memories. Do you remember leading 5 consecutive games at 3/4 time then choking under Harvey. :(

We also got belted by the hapless Demons by more last year than we lost to the ladder leaders yesterday.

How many seasons under Harvey did we have more wins than losses after 9 rounds ?

Basically, Dom already pointed this out, Harvs "dished out" that fiasco vs Dees, 98 points and against the softest team in the comp. Nearly choked on the corresponding game at home agaist same opposition, when it took Ballas brilliance to put the game beyond Melbourne. 90 odd points loss vs North was just as bad. How about that loss to Hawks when we did the "lay-down-sally" in the last quarter?

People have short memories. Do you remember leading 5 consecutive games at 3/4 time then choking under Harvey. :(

We also got belted by the hapless Demons by more last year than we lost to the ladder leaders yesterday.

How many seasons under Harvey did we have more wins than losses after 9 rounds ?

Amen brother

You need to quit living in the past. We didn't hire an experienced coach to see more of the same of what we saw under a dud of a coach.

You need to quit living in the past. We didn't hire an experienced coach to see more of the same of what we saw under a dud of a coach.

lol. Do I start these threads? Another poster said that Lyon was a waste of money implying that we should have stuck with Harv's and I'm simply pointing out that the worst of Harvey was much worse than what we've seen to date under Lyon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back