where to sit at the MCG?

Remove this Banner Ad

ignoramus

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Am going to the Richmond game at the G this season, and looking to book tickets. Can any of our Vic based members (Dockeroo ?) or frequent MCG visitors recommend where to get seats that 1) are preferably under cover, 2) decent enough viewing and 3) maybe not too deep in Richmond territory?

How much of a gamble is it to opt for General Admission? With Richmond potentially falling away this season, I'm not expecting huge crowds, but assuming the worst, do any of the GA areas meet the first two criteria above?

Am going to the Richmond game at the G this season, and looking to book tickets. Can any of our Vic based members (Dockeroo ?) or frequent MCG visitors recommend where to get seats that 1) are preferably under cover, 2) decent enough viewing and 3) maybe not too deep in Richmond territory?

How much of a gamble is it to opt for General Admission? With Richmond potentially falling away this season, I'm not expecting huge crowds, but assuming the worst, do any of the GA areas meet the first two criteria above?
I would say that a GA ticket for a freo game will be perfectly fine for the MCG. Wouldnt expect a crowd of more than 45k or 50k to attend Richmond v Freo at the G. Fact that Richmond are probably rebuilding will make it lower too. Collingwood are a bigger club and still only 61k attended last years game between us and them at the MCG. There should be oceans of spare seats in areas of the ground where there are pockets of freo fans gathered.
Personally I like the ponsford stand as it’s newer than the shane Warne stand. Only place you can’t go is the MCC members area. If you know someone and can buy a ticket in there it’s a fine experience though and I highly recommend

GA will be fine for a 1pm Saturday game although sometimes you get pushed up to the 3rd level which isnt bad but is further away from the action, against Hawks rd 23 last year for instance we got access to AFL members ground floor which was great. Our cheersquad will be at the Ponsford end so there will be more concentrated Freo supporters around there but there will be freo people in all parts bar the tigers cheersquad.. If you don't mind spending money then anything second level mid ground is good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back