Autopsy Rd 1 - We Flog Brisbane, But at What Cost

Remove this Banner Ad

Legendary footballer & Docker but gee I wish he'd give up commentary. He constantly states the obvious & I'm not sure that he is quick witted enough to keep up with the footy. Almost in Glen Jakovich territory.
Couldn’t agree more. His commentary is poor and bland. You would never know he was an ex Docker. A little bit of bias please Pav. All the others do it. It seems like he goes out of his way to show no favour to his old team.

yep pretty crazy, darcy tucker was their second oldest player out there at 26... tbf to them they didnt look completely outclassed against the giants, their key backs an obvious weak point though
Caveat is I didn't watch the game but looking at the score, the margin absolutely flatters them.

17.19 vs 13.4

76% conversion vs 47%

Flip it and they got drilled by 100. If you're giving up 36 scoring shots and not getting 30 yourself, you are getting flogged.

Caveat is I didn't watch the game but looking at the score, the margin absolutely flatters them.

17.19 vs 13.4

76% conversion vs 47%

Flip it and they got drilled by 100. If you're giving up 36 scoring shots and not getting 30 yourself, you are getting flogged.
36 scoring shots to 17 AND they won the clearances by miles.
They are going to get flogged a few times this year if they put out a side that young every week.

36 scoring shots to 17 AND they won the clearances by miles.
They are going to get flogged a few times this year if they put out a side that young every week.
100% The last team to be this young was that 2-20 Blues side I reckon.

Eagles will finish above them as they've kept some at least semi-competent mature players.

So badly hope we win when (well period) but especially while he is still playing.
Would be funny i am still just as dirty at the club though for letting him go as much as he wanting out.

He still had a year to run on his contract.

I think in hindsight the club should have grown some balls demanded two first round picks or said cya next year and gambled on free agency or another 12 months to change his mind.

We have been trodden on at the trade table ever since.

Who knows Brisbane might have targeted someone else and he stayed.

They were desperate at the time.

Would be funny i am still just as dirty at the club though for letting him go as much as he wanting out.

I think in hindsight the club should have grown some balls demanded two first round picks or said cya next year and gambled on free agency or another 12 months to change his mind.

I think what we got for him was ok, we just didn't use it properly. Probably would have gotten more if we weren't working the Hogan and Lobb deals as we could have waited it out more.

Agree we're absolutely lightweights at the trade table since.

100% The last team to be this young was that 2-20 Blues side I reckon.

Eagles will finish above them as they've kept some at least semi-competent mature players.
I think the talent differential in everywhere not the backline will be enough to keep North ahead of WC. It's funny, both teams had similar performances really. Beltings that were actually worse than they seemed but was masked by their top 4 opponents in cruise control and not kicking accurately.

I think the talent differential in everywhere not the backline will be enough to keep North ahead of WC. It's funny, both teams had similar performances really. Beltings that were actually worse than they seemed but was masked by their top 4 opponents in cruise control and not kicking accurately.
I guess we'll see. Just think West Coast's better players being 24+ means they have the opportunity to pull one out the box at any time. North's best players being mostly <24 means they are likely to hit the wall big time at some point.

Is Norf's forward line better than the Weags? I'm not so sure it is. To me they are about even with the Weags just a tiny bit better because I rate Cripps higher than any of Norf's smalls.

Is Norf's forward line better than the Weags? I'm not so sure it is. To me they are about even with the Weags just a tiny bit better because I rate Cripps higher than any of Norf's smalls.
I think Duurmsa while obviously young is better than anyone not named Allen in their forwardline already. Zurhaar and a couple of others are nice as well but the biggest difference is obviously the midfield that just shits all over WC including Xerri who is actually pretty good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS sent out a younger team than us, that’s pretty scary, I can see a decade long rivalry brewing.
When I look at footywire they are slightly older but either way, they are a little bit scary for sure.

Major difference is how good their older players are compared to ours though. Greene, Kelly, Coniglio, Whitfield and Hogan all 29+. So would expect them to be better now but reckon we'll overtake them at some point.

That said, they always seem to have 2 first rounders so probably not.

Disagree.

The move to get Hogan was a good one. The error was in the due diligence which was monumentally bad.

Even so, we could have taken the pick to the draft and landed a top kpf prospect. A very good outcome was within our grasp, similar to when we lost Cerra and gained Amiss.

Disagree.

The move to get Hogan was a good one. The error was in the due diligence which was monumentally bad.

Even so, we could have taken the pick to the draft and landed a top kpf prospect. A very good outcome was within our grasp, similar to when we lost Cerra and gained Amiss.
But if we had King on our list would we have drafted Amiss....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back