Prediction Rd 1 (you know: the first round after the opening round) team

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s a bit of skill out of the 22. But more speed but bit of a cool calm footballer ability out.

Hopefully Simpson gets the sub spot!

Who else are they running through the wing now? More Freddy means Banfield or Simpson in, more Brayshaw means Erasmus
They can run Erasmus through the wing. He did it last year. Easiest solution is he just takes the role of JOM. A mix of wing, midfield, forward.

I don't see how Simpson would make the 23 when he wasn't in the 26 to begin with.

They can run Erasmus through the wing. He did it last year. Easiest solution is he just takes the role of JOM. A mix of wing, midfield, forward.

I don't see how Simpson would make the 23 when he wasn't in the 26 to begin with.
They've done funky stuff like that before I'm pretty sure. I'll be ok with either Ras or Simpson though I do think Freddy on the wing more with Simpson forward is the better team with more pace over the ground. I dont want to acknowledge the other option

JOM out so would love to see Ras into the 22 and Simpson as sub. A fresh, high speed, clean, goal hungry HF would be quite fun to watch coming on in the 4th.

(but expect to see Banfield)
If Ras and Coop are in I’m immediately more interested in this game.

Feel like JOM would be so anonymous against Brissie no matter who we bring in it is an upgrade.

I hope we don’t go too tall, if Treacy can play defensively on Andrews I think it’ll give us the best chance to kick a winning score. Then if we can put good defensive pressure on Brissie to slow down their ball movement, our defence may have a chance.

Neale out is a massive blow to them, especially if Jackson can win some clearances to maximise the advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smash Channel 9 GIF by The Block

Nah I’m all for forward Cox, legit creative up there. I’m exited for the game again. OMac must have really impressed and I’m glad the lack of form of the others hasn’t been missed
Since we're going with Cox/Amiss/Treacy up forward I cannot fathom why Banfield is playing ahead of Simpson. Way too clunky. It's a good team otherwise and we're every chance of a win but I feel a Simpson debut would have really energised the group. whatever.

Since we're going with Cox/Amiss/Treacy up forward I cannot fathom why Banfield is playing ahead of Simpson. Way too clunky. It's a good team otherwise and we're every chance of a win but I feel a Simpson debut would have really energised the group. whatever.

They might be thinking of subbing cox out at some point 3 quarter time etc?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

On the channel 7 news just then... (yeah I know, i know -- the girlfriend likes watching it for some reason 🙄) ...Barich just said Cox would most likely be played up forward.

Any credibility to this, or is Barich just pulling stuff out of his arse again like he is often prone to doing? ...

...oh hang on, I think I just answered my own question -- never mind, carry on. 🙂

I suggest Banfield will be sub and Cox will come off at some point.

Sharp
On the channel 7 news just then... (yeah I know, i know -- the girlfriend likes watching it for some reason 🙄) ...Barich just said Cox would most likely be played up forward.

Any credibility to this, or is Barich just pulling stuff out of his arse again like he is often prone to doing? ...

...oh hang on, I think I just answered my own question -- never mind, carry on. 🙂

I think he has too.

With McDonald, Pearce, Ryan back, we can't afford another tall in the back line.

Sharp

I think he has too.

With McDonald, Pearce, Ryan back, we can't afford another tall in the back line.
Yep, Cox forward make Andrews accountable, plus they only have two tall forwards now that Gardner has been moved to the backline, I’m more concerned about their smalls, Cameron, McCarthy, Bailey are all dangerous and too fast for Ryan.

We KNOW Banfield will be the sub!……;)

Unless they’re going to rotate Young back, Worner is starting.

We’ve done the whole pre season with Young in the midfield. I’m thinking if we get 2+ injuries to defenders during a game Young might go back, otherwise it’s probably zero chance of happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back