Autopsy Rd 1 - We Flog Brisbane, But at What Cost

Remove this Banner Ad

So watching the replay and wtf is Pav doing...

He's basically brought attention to Fyfe and Walters incidents and implied both should miss time.
Legendary footballer & Docker but gee I wish he'd give up commentary. He constantly states the obvious & I'm not sure that he is quick witted enough to keep up with the footy. Almost in Glen Jakovich territory.

Legendary footballer & Docker but gee I wish he'd give up commentary. He constantly states the obvious & I'm not sure that he is quick witted enough to keep up with the footy. Almost in Glen Jakovich territory.

Woah, woah woah…let’s not be silly now

I was cursing 'Dooz' Hughes as much as the next man in those first 15 minutes but, credit where credit's due, he was hell bent on taking the game on by foot out of defence. Felt like every time the ball was in his hands he looked corridor and once he worked out the rust he kicked off a few genuinely damaging scoring chains.

Being wrong about players like Hughes is my absolute favourite thing so I hope he holds his spot by being brave which will take the pressure off Jordy Clark and Ryan to always be the distributors.

I was cursing 'Dooz' Hughes as much as the next man in those first 15 minutes but, credit where credit's due, he was hell bent on taking the game on by foot out of defence. Felt like every time the ball was in his hands he looked corridor and once he worked out the rust he kicked off a few genuinely damaging scoring chains.

Being wrong about players like Hughes is my absolute favourite thing so I hope he holds his spot by being brave which will take the pressure off Jordy Clark and Ryan to always be the distributors.
I would honestly prefer to see Chapman in his place
Hughes gives me the jitters

Solid foot soldier in the Bailey Banfield mould but he concerns me

In saying that yesterday he looked rusty . Was very impressed with his season last year so let’s see if he can emulate that, I can see him getting quite a few games with Cox and MacD out for a while

I would honestly prefer to see Chapman in his place
Hughes gives me the jitters

Solid foot soldier in the Bailey Banfield mould but he concerns me

In saying that yesterday he looked rusty . Was very impressed with his season last year so let’s see if he can emulate that, I can see him getting quite a few games with Cox and MacD out for a while
No argument re Chappy, it's just nice to recognise the efforts of a player to improve their deficiencies. Hughes used to take most of the quarter to make up his mind after taking a mark, now he's moving the ball quickly every time.

we always forget until Tuesday - we don't normally eat them, but sometimes you just want to celebrate when you can lol

Yeah I usually mean to get it but end up forgetting. I mainly just get it when I CBF'd cooking and I can get a free burger and then just pay for some chips. Cheap (if not a great) meal.

Do any of you actually claim your Big Mac when we win at home?
There a quite a few Freo members in my office and no one redeems it, so before Freo went digital I had collected the Big Macs and handed them out to the homeless in the CBD with another member, but we end up throwing more away as most of the people preferred cigarettes to Big Macs 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that he was told to stand, but why there? - my question is why he was told to stand metres away from where the mark was taken. Shouldn't the defending player stand on the point where the mark was taken and the marker / kicker back up and kick over the mark?
I thionk you're right BUT the rule is sloppily applied all the time SO the Young/Zorko 50m isn't out of the range in which the rule is interpreted/applied.

I thionk you're right BUT the rule is sloppily applied all the time SO the Young/Zorko 50m isn't out of the range in which the rule is interpreted/applied.
As I understand it they have around 3 seconds to man the mark , I don’t think this incident was much longer than that .

The fact Young came from the protected zone made it look worse

Poorly umpired IMO

As I understand it they have around 3 seconds to man the mark , I don’t think this incident was much longer than that .

The fact Young came from the protected zone made it look worse

Poorly umpired IMO
But my impression was that Ryan was on the mark, the whistle had been blown and the umpire had called 'stand'. End of. Any subsequent mucking about on the mark before the umpire calls 'play on' is a clear 50m.

But my impression was that Ryan was on the mark, the whistle had been blown and the umpire had called 'stand'. End of. Any subsequent mucking about on the mark before the umpire calls 'play on' is a clear 50m.
Oh really ?

In that case yes absolutely 50m
I’ll have to rewatch

I would like to polish a turd.

First, the turd. We gave away two easy goals in the opening minutes via free kicks that we rarely see.

But, haven't we been bemoaning our slow starts? It is likely the frees (given away by 2 of our young players) are a sign of a 'let's go full on from the start' mentality. And they occurred in the opening 5mins of a season - ie maximum nerves, minimum finesse. So hooray, back yourselves in boys, that's what we've all been calling for.

And they weren't thrown. They didn't waver but settled into the pace of their own game and it was s**t hot. For 4 quarters. Great coaching - through the off season and in-game to produce this.

Turd polished. I think I can see my reflection in it.

North cut too hard. They are going to get absolutely battered later in the season with that many inexperienced and young players.
yep pretty crazy, darcy tucker was their second oldest player out there at 26... tbf to them they didnt look completely outclassed against the giants, their key backs an obvious weak point though

North cut too hard. They are going to get absolutely battered later in the season with that many inexperienced and young players.
And they refuse to draft anything but midfield or midfield prospects. It's ******* insane. Why did they need McKercher and Phillips rather than Curtin and McDonald and I HATE drafting KPDs in the top 10 but like, COME ON.

When the midfield talent gets tired later in the year it is going to be grim when teams score every time they enter their D50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back