Prediction Rd 1 (you know: the first round after the opening round) team

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a feeling Ras will be sub
Agreed, and it hurts as I'd rather see him get a solid block and see if he's up to it.

Hopefully Banfield can find some of that form when he pleasantly surprised me in 2022 and showed a bit of an eye for goal.
He only ended up with 18 for the year but it was the way he kicked them that was interesting.
Man he's like Sheridan, except more likeable.

Cox confirmed to play fwd this morning. Be interesting to see if he plays deep and Amiss comes up a bit.

Comes down to our backline for mine. If we restrict them enough we should have enough fire power to kick a score.

Confident our midfield brigade will get on too fairly easy.

Big games for Hughes, Worner, Aish and Ryan. Those 4 play well and we might win here.

I have a feeling Ras will be sub

I wouldn’t be surprised but I’m not sure we have enough mids in the team if he doesn’t start tbh.

Fyfe, Young, Serong, Brayshaw, Johnson.

Considering Johnson is probably going to play mostly wing is that really enough?

We can throw Switta and Aish in there I guess but doubt we’ll do it for very long - we probably won’t at all for Aish.

I wouldn’t be surprised but I’m not sure we have enough mids in the team if he doesn’t start tbh.

Fyfe, Young, Serong, Brayshaw, Johnson.

Considering Johnson is probably going to play mostly wing is that really enough?

We can throw Switta and Aish in there I guess but doubt we’ll do it for very long - we probably won’t at all for Aish.
We'll need aish in the backline to mind one of Cameron or mccluggage at all times

We'll need aish in the backline to mind one of Cameron or mccluggage at all times

Exactly - Can’t have just four regular options to play inside mid either though.

Sharp is purely a winger or outside player (has played HBF) and Johnson will play wing more than inside because there’s no other wingers in the side.

Fyfe is probably playing 65% game time at best too.

Erasmus not starting would be a bizarre decision IMO.

Its pretty obvious. We have to concede an eight goal lead to lull Brisbane into a false sense of security before bringing the hammer down. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Rope a dope. Play like it's a home final against the Bulldogs.Shake it like a Polaroid picture. Andre 3000
Love this guy's work. Prescient. Nostradamus like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what? He did enough. He's also way bigger than I remembered and actually looks a likely sort.

Crazy brave too.
I believe if Worner didn't get concussed it would ahve been Walker in and Hughes out this week with Worner staying in the team. Worner was really good up to the injury and he's equally as brave as Hughes. I think the fact we won a game despite losing 3 defenders says something positive about the flexability in the side.

Last edited:
I believe if Worner didn't get concussed it would ahve been Walker in and Hughes out this week with Worner staying in the team. Worner was really good up to the injury and he's equally as brave as Hughes. I think the fact we won a game despite losing 3 defenders says something positive about the flexability in the side.
Nah, long long way to go to get that call, how many times has Hughes been best clubman? It’s because he is crazy brave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back