Autopsy Rd 1 - We Flog Brisbane, But at What Cost

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread title needs more optimism.

Amiss and Treacy impacted and can still improve.
The midfield looked deep and balanced.
Freddy kicked a ripper when pressure was on.
Diving spoils, crushing tackles, desperate Brayshaw willing the ball forward when we were down to 1 on the interchange.

Yes we need to wait for scans... in the meantime we know Ryan can play tall. He has his AA hair ready and there are a number of ins coming into the side in the next 4 weeks.

We spanked Brisbane. Most peoples pick for top two, with a young team full of guns!

Good
Pearce, kept us in the game in the first quarter and was brilliant after that
Treacy/Amiss, Cyclone in particular may have figured something out, his bodywork was much improved
Pressure from everybody went up a notch after quarter time

Bad
The start, we won't get away with conceding 4 goals to many sides
Serong despite 46 touches sprayed it everywhere at times (he was a big part of that start), him and Brayshaw looked rusty
Continual overuse from half-back, if David King has to have a go at us this is what he should focus on.

Ugly
We had a relatively good run with injuries the last 2 years, this better not continue.
Brisbane looked second-rate without Neale in the centre, worrying for them if he goes down again.

Losing two key backs for a long time?

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

great turn around after a pretty demoralising start. simple mistakes cost us dearly but we worked through it and maintained our calm to wrestle back into the contest and really dominate from then on

a real captains game from pearce, great to see him back to his best. serong take a bow what an unbelievable game, just so clean. had some great efforts down back too 3 votes easy.

brayshaw was brilliant around the loose ball, one touch player made the difference. treacy and amiss really showed that they are building a great little partnership down forward, super impressive and still lots to come

thought sonny showed real effort and a bit of pace in him still. switta got on the end of a few hitouts up forward just needs to make them count now

sharp looked solid as

injuries forced our hand a bit but showed we’re very flexible, ended up having our inside mid who’s playing wing have to play forward to replace our full back who was playing forward lol

great game all round, mcdonald and cox out is a worry though, i guess draper is in next up? hopefully darcy is back quick so LJ can move forward as well

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Loved the game, hated the injuries.

Strong wax awesome, the tall forwards killed it, Tracey kicked his highest score yet, and bugger me he earnt it.

If I have one complaint, it's that JL keeps throwing key defenders up forward to fill a forward line hole, and it never fcuking works. He did it with Moose last year (or the year before), he never looked hugely composed, and moose went and got injured as a result. Now he did the exact effing thing with Cox for the same effing result. If you don't train someone as a key forward during preseason, then don't effing ask them to do it with no practice, no warning, and no preparation. It's just fcuking stupid.

You play as you train -- full stop. If you want more forward swingman options then have Cox train that way during the pre-season. FFS!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the fight back to control the game and to also mostly finish it off.

Treacy and Amiss were awesome and considering they played Cox, can see Logan fitting nicely alongside those two so I'm not so terrified of losing Treacy if he lands here. Treacy shows he's pretty awesome around the ground too. Wonder if he could play wing/inside mid for stints.

Positives:
- Pearce and Ryan huge to keep us in the game at the start.
- goals aplenty for our talls
- Serong, enough said
- Fyfe gets through injury free
- tackling pressure was as big as I've seen in that second and third quarter.
- jlo outcoached Fagan

Negatives:
- a few too many easy set shot misses for my liking
- injuries can gagf
- those ******* slow starts are still an issue. Needs to be sorted out asap

Negatives....

• Slow starts
  • injuries

Positives....

- Jye Amiss and Josh Tracey are our 2 towers up forward for another 10 seasons.

- switkowski and his effort was very good.

- Serong with his 46 disposals and 10 clearances.

- Alex Pearce been good in the backline.

- Luke Jackson is an important cog

Brisbane were a bit flat, but we absolutely smashed them in the middle I am not sure it would have mattered. Guessing not having Neale is a big deal for them.

The start wasn't slow, we just kept doing really bad basic errors in horrible places on the field. I'll let it slide this week only because it is round 1 but **** me Hughes, I was cursing your name in that first quarter.

And the injuries really sour it.

Sonny probably gonna miss next week with that trip too isn't he?

Fyfe surely fine with that 'bump' on the AFL website.

Loved the game, hated the injuries.

Strong wax awesome, the tall forwards killed it, Tracey kicked his highest score yet, and bugger me he earnt it.

If I have one complaint, it's that JL keeps throwing key defenders up forward to fill a forward line hole, and it never fcuking works. He did it with Moose last year (or the year before), he never looked hugely composed, and moose went and got injured as a result. Now he did the exact effing thing with Cox for the same effing result. If you don't train someone as a key forward during preseason, then don't effing ask them to do it with no practice, no warning, and no preparation. It's just fcuking stupid.

You play as you train -- full stop. If you want more forward swingman options then have Cox train that way during the pre-season. FFS!!

disagree massively, he got injured sure but that’s not the fault of playing forward. cox kept andrew’s honest the whole time, we kept our structures with him in - much better result than playing tabs also gives us more flexibility, cox as a swingman is very valuable

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back