Prediction Rd 1 (you know: the first round after the opening round) team

Remove this Banner Ad

Last time we played the Lions a lot of the damage came from our med-small fwds. Sturt 3, Freddy 2 & Schultz 2... that's 7 of 11 goals. That's where we can get them. Plus we need our mids to kick a few.

My 23 if I was coach.
Ryan - Pearce - Walker
Clark - Cox- Aish
Sharp - Fyfe - Johnson
Walters - Treacy - Frederick
Jackson - Amiss - Emmett
Reidy - Serong - Young

Switkowski- O'Meara - Erasmus - Brayshaw
Sub-Brodie(if it wasn’t Brisbane I would play Simpson-don’t want to give Zorko an easy target)
Walker to play on Cameron. Aish to take 90% of point kicks.
Young to be 80% on ball and 20% back rotation, with Switta to roll thru if a rest is needed.
O’Meara and Johnson to rotate thru wing and forward.
Sharp to play fatside wing with Freddy as a chop out.
Reidy to just half any contest with McInerny. No point having a spare ruckman if you don’t play them. Time to give him a go regardless of how crap he was in the Port scratchie. He wasn’t alone.

My predicted Jlo team
Ryan - Pearce - Hughes
Clark - McDonald - Aish
Sharp - Young - Brayshaw
Walters - Tabs - Frederick
Switkowski - Amiss - Emmett
Jackson - Serong - Fyfe

Banfield- Johnson - O'Meara - Treacy
S: Erasmus.
Let’s see if JLos forward half pressure turnover game and taking advantage of our opportunities works.

Last edited:

Ryan - Pearce - Walker
Clark - McDonald - Aish
Johnson - Young - Brayshaw
Jackson - Serong - Fyfe

Sharp - Simpson - O'Meara - Voss
S: Erasmus

• Would prefer to give Cox more of a lead-in than bringing him in underdone, feel like Moose and OMac match up fine for Daniher/Hipwood.
  • Conversely, I think Walker is critical otherwise we start to look very unaccountable against their small forwards.
  • Might seem brutal, but I think Voss has gone past Tabs.

As much as I'd like them to consider bringing Reidy in to keep Dogga up forward, I've made my peace with it not going to happen.

It'll be a fundamentally midfield game either way - we took them right to the line last year, and Fyfe/Young/Johnson give us some much stronger bodies around the clearances.

Put me in the quietly optimistic column IMO.

With that line up you are a backman short. Unless you want the back 6 to play 100% game time, Young will have to play lot of the game back

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My 23 if I was coach.
Ryan - Pearce - Walker
Clark - Cox- Aish
Sharp - Fyfe - Johnson
Jackson - Amiss - Emmett
Reidy - Serong - Young

Sub-Brodie(if it wasn’t Brisbane I would play Simpson-don’t want to give Zorko an easy target)
Young to be 80% on ball and 20% back rotation, with Switta to roll thru if a rest is needed.
Reidy to just half any contest with McInerny. No point having a spare ruckman if you don’t play them. Time to give him a go regardless of how crap he was in the Port scratchie. He wasn’t alone.

My predicted Jlo team
Ryan - Pearce - Hughes
Clark - McDonald - Aish
Sharp - Young - Brayshaw
Jackson - Serong - Fyfe

Let’s see if JLos forward half pressure turnover game and taking advantage of our opportunities works.
Prefer your team

My 23 if I was coach.
Ryan - Pearce - Walker
Clark - Cox- Aish
Sharp - Fyfe - Johnson
Jackson - Amiss - Emmett
Reidy - Serong - Young

My predicted Jlo team
Ryan - Pearce - Hughes
Clark - McDonald - Aish
Sharp - Young - Brayshaw
Jackson - Serong - Fyfe

Both your teams are missing a defender

My predicted round 1 team.

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark Cox Aish
Sharp Fyfe Johnson
Freddy Treacy Emmett.
Walters Amiss Jackson

Reidy Serong Young.

Brayshaw, Hughes, Switta, JOM

Sub: Simpson.

I don't want Hughes or Reid in the team but they are needed for structures. If Hughes, Reid and JOM are replaced with Darcy, Wagner and Chappy in 7 weeks then that would pretty much be our best 22.
Simpson to get a debut as a sub?

Last edited:
My predicted round 1 team
Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark McDonald Aish
Sharp Fyfe Johnson
Freddy Cox Treacy.
Walters Amiss Emmett

Jackson Serong Young.

Brayshaw, Hughes, Switta, JOM( wish it was Brodie)

If walker not available cox goes back and voss or reidy come in

I am not sure just where this fits, but here may do.
The AFL have done a good job once more of giving us TREOTP. Bent us over the empty barre.
By the time the first bounce happens at Perth Stadium , most teams will have played their second game.All other will have played their first.
And I think I have mentioned it before, but, have to wait until round 13 before we get our bye.
So much for equality from the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Cox/McDonald Walker
Clark Pearce Aish

Sharp Serong Johnson

Frederick Treacy Emmet
Walters Amiss Swittowski

Jackson Brayshaw Young

Hughes Omeara Fyfe Taberner

Sub: Erasmus/Simpson

I think Hughes has to play now with Wagner injured. I dont want Young locked in to the backline rotations, prefer it to be an option.

I prefer Taberner than Reidy at this stage while we are still fighting for finals. Jackson played a monster game at the end of last season against the lions as solo ruck (granted against fort).

Hopefully Freddy and Cox get up!

Ryan Cox/McDonald Walker
Clark Pearce Aish

Sharp Serong Johnson

Frederick Treacy Emmet
Walters Amiss Swittowski

Jackson Brayshaw Young

I think Hughes has to play now with Wagner injured. I dont want Young locked in to the backline rotations, prefer it to be an option.

I prefer Taberner than Reidy at this stage while we are still fighting for finals. Jackson played a monster game at the end of last season against the lions as solo ruck (granted against fort).

Why not play Pearce, McDonald and Cox…

Ryan Cox/McDonald Walker
Clark Pearce Aish

Sharp Serong Johnson

Frederick Treacy Emmet
Walters Amiss Swittowski

Jackson Brayshaw Young

I'd be more inclined to load up on mid-small forward options. So Simpson and Erasmus should be in front of Hughes in that case. Walker will be great for Cameron. Be great if we get some goals from our wings too.

Why not play Pearce, McDonald and Cox…
With all 3 playing defence? Don't like it even if we're playing a team with 3 tall fwds coz Ryan can play on a 3rd tall, but can see its purpose. But against Brisbane, one of the few good teams that I believe rock with 1 main ruck and 2 key fwds? Hard pass. We're probably too slow with our ball movement as it is, let alone if we add another tall back.

McDonald in defence and Cox fwd on the other hand is an interesting prospect. Still would like to see someone like Voss get a shot especially coz Darcy will be missing a month of games, but I could see the argument for fwd Cox.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us name both of Reidy and Tabs on the bench to keep the lions guessing for another 24 hours.

And just to frustrate us fans for a touch longer too.

B. Aish Pearce Clark
HB. Hughes Cox Ryan
C. Brayshaw Fyfe Johnson
HF. Switkowski Treacy O’Meara
F. Emmett Amiss Walters
R. Jackson Serong Young
INT. McDonald Walker Sharp Erasmus Simpson Frederick Reidy Taberner

A Thursday team for Sunday designed to **** with Brisbane as much as possible but still look semi-legit. How’d I do?

Unpires below. Does that Williamson fella still hate us?

FIELD UMPIRES 22 - Nathan Williamson 29 - Andrew Heffernan 33 - Brent Wallace 38 - Matthew Young

Remove this Banner Ad

Back