Game Day Rd 18 vs Pies at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

What a load of absolute rubbish. His marking stats and contested mark stats hold up against most team's key forwards. Keep your head in the sand. For a keyboard hero that probably never got off his ass, your comment was not only disrespectful but also clueless.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gee, I just checked on old Sticky Fingers career tally (age 30), wow, 167, put a contract extension in front of this man.

Gee, I just checked on old Sticky Fingers career tally (age 30), wow, 167, put a contract extension in front of this man.
Ffs I can't rewrite history and facts just so it fits your narrative. I have stated Tabs has his limitations (not unusual for a rookie pick) and he's obviously been hampered by injury his whole career but the facts are that he topped the AFL contested marks average per game in 2017 & 2019, was up there again in 2020 (2nd in AFL in contested marks), 4th in the Coleman despite playing just 16 games, made the 40 man AA squad that year. Early on he got a rising star nomination and won our Beacon award. All in an era where delivery into our forward 50 was crap. So when a bandwagoner, who's probably never played a game of sport in their life and who clearly knows very little about our players comes out saying that he's not a footballers boot lace, can't hold a mark and the other rhetoric, don't be surprised when your bulldust and disrespect is called out. Like I said, his marking stats match up well against many other more skilled, highly regarded key forwards. For a rookie pick, crippled by injury he probably did well to eke out 100+ games.

Ffs I can't rewrite history and facts just so it fits your narrative. I have stated Tabs has his limitations (not unusual for a rookie pick) and he's obviously been hampered by injury his whole career but the facts are that he topped the AFL contested marks average per game in 2017 & 2019, was up there again in 2020 (2nd in AFL in contested marks), 4th in the Coleman despite playing just 16 games, made the 40 man AA squad that year. Early on he got a rising star nomination and won our Beacon award. All in an era where delivery into our forward 50 was crap. So when a bandwagoner, who's probably never played a game of sport in their life and who clearly knows very little about our players comes out saying that he's not a footballers boot lace, can't hold a mark and the other rhetoric, don't be surprised when your bulldust and disrespect is called out. Like I said, his marking stats match up well against many other more skilled, highly regarded key forwards. For a rookie pick, crippled by injury he probably did well to eke out 100+ games.

Hes been serviceable at best. In the era of good forwards been available he would be lucky to get 50 games for the club in his career.

Yeah sorry, I suppose your correct, right up there with guys like Josh Kennedy, Tom Hawkins, Jeremy Cameron Jack Reiwoldt etc.
Good old sticky fingers Tabs, game changer.
Ok, Hawkins averages 0.4 marks more per game (with the luxury of a career with elite midfielders and delivery), Kennedy 0.4 marks more per game, again playing for a team with better delivery, Cameron 0.2 more marks more per game but 0.7 less contested marks per game than Tabs. Riewoldt 0.2 marks more per game. Hawkins was a highly rated F/S pick, Cameron was an early underage pick for GWS but would've been a first rounder, Riewoldt FIRST ROUND draft pick and Kennedy FIRST ROUND. All have played with premiership midfields and in Hawkin's, Cameron's and Riewoldt's case - teams that were dynasties.

Just thought I'd post given the opportunity that the thread wasn't locked 2 minutes after the game, which never makes sense to me...even though the discussion on here currently is absolutely mindboggling idiotic and for one it should be shut down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back