Review Freo Get a Coffee in Melbourne in the 2nd Quarter of an AFL Match (Rd 18 Review vs Pies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh. I expected a 25 goal loss so I'll take it. Take the 2nd quarter out of the equation and we ran them close.

Inside 50s are still an issue and people are going to blame the forwards but there is only so much they can do when the ball is coming in over their heads.

Our skills were lacking.
page expect GIF

Meh. I expected a 25 goal loss so I'll take it. Take the 2nd quarter out of the equation and we ran them close.

Inside 50s are still an issue and people are going to blame the forwards but there is only so much they can do when the ball is coming in over their heads.
Schultz and Switkowski are both only good enough for a bottom 6 AFL team.
Both need to be replaced in the B22 for us to move up the ladder.
They are simply not good enough. Schultz missed 3 kickable set shots today.

Ethan Hughes just gets the ball and looks for contact for the ball up and stalls momentum. He’s the definition of a state league player.

Individual players continue to show glimpses (particularly young ones). There is a list here that is underperforming and is young but I'll stick with the list is fine it's just got too many parts not working together properly

Last edited:
Schultz and Switkowski are both only good enough for a bottom 6 AFL team.
Both need to be replaced in the B22 for us to move up the ladder.
They are simply not good enough. Schultz missed 3 kickable set shots today.

Ethan Hughes just gets the ball and looks for contact for the ball up and stalls momentum. He’s the definition of a state league player.

Switta and Shultz are so far out of form. Says a bit about JLo too. Put one in the middle or a Wing, change something.
Or drop one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t mind the effort in the end..a few youngsters in our best today. Also some obvious dead wood that no doubt will make way next year.

Tracy and Sturt taking their chances was a nice change.
Schultz has to go, love his pressure but he can’t control the ball or score.
NOD is so far off it. Needs to stay at peel for a month.
1st qtr we dominated centre bounce clearances, 2nd qtr we got murdered in there, might have to watch the replay to see what happened.
I liked NODs effort after he was introduced, he has done his penance and needs games in him.

Didn't care to be honest. It could easily of been a 60-90 point loss.

Some players did ok.

Liked some set shot goals from certain players.

Sam Sturt deserves a contract for next season. And I reckon he will get one

I expected worse, to be honest.

O'Meara and Erasmus were quite good. Treacy with a big last term.

Schultz second half was much better.

Wagner played better than his previous games, so that's something
Schultz might work hard but his primary job is to kick goals and he just can’t do it.
We were minus 18 points from his wastefulness today

We lost the game in the second quarter but played reasonably well apart from that and didn't get blown away.

Very pleasing to see the young players in Johnson, Erasmus, Treacy and Henry all playing well. Jackson looked much more mobile today and did a reasonable job in the ruck.

Good signs that we didn't capitulate after half time.

Thread title says it all. Thought the tackling and pressure was good, except the 2nd, and might've been a different game last week if we had the same intensity.

Like overall it wasn’t even a bad loss all things expected. But we can’t be dropping quarters like that. Didn’t help with a 9-2 fk count in the second either.

Schultz and his inability to kick straight is very concerning. I think he does enough around the ground to keep his spot though. Switta on the other hand hasn’t really offered anything in weeks.

Treacy looked very good up forward. Amiss struggling against a bigger opponent. Sturt ok too.

Our midfield managed to get on top of the clearances against a much bigger, older, more experienced side which was promising. Loved Ras especially. But our transition defence was non existent.

Hughes way too slow and not doing enough in the air. Would’ve been handy to have Chapman ready and waiting to come back. Walker poor again but injured anyway.

Next few weeks looking incredibly dire with no Darcy or Cox too. Gonna be an ugly finish to the season.

I liked NODs effort after he was introduced, he has done his penance and needs games in him.
Agree to disagree, if you can’t kick a football you shouldn’t be in the team, looked better when he decided to handball instead but then got his teammates into trouble.
Effort was there, but like Schultz we can’t carry players who can’t kick.

We gave effort today Which is the minimum requirement. Playing like last week is what upsets supporters the most.
Erasmus,Johnson,Treacy all showed something. Losing Darcy hurt us too. Shultz needs a spell as does Switta. Both low on confidence. You don’t celebrate a 46 point loss, however let’s get real, our keys forwards are 19,20,21 and two of our better midfielders are 19. A lot to build on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back