Review Rd 24 Review - Freo Get the Chocolates in the Deadest of Rubbers

Remove this Banner Ad

If that rubber was any more dead it'd be tar.

Anyway, some nice things to take out of it.
  • David Walls DOES. NOT. MISS. Emmett looks legit
  • Johnson is a ******* beast. Unreal how strong he is
  • Treacy's field kicking is actually elite. There is always room for pressuring big forward with elite skills
  • Ploz persist up front Cox. It really could be a game changer

Don't really know what to say. The game was a dead rubber that had a weird kind of energy. Jye getting 40 is great. Emmett killing it was awesome to see. Ending the season with a win is nice.

The real interesting thing is going to be what is going to be our best 22 come round 1 next season.

If that's the last we've seen of him, Emmett's curls > Henry's curls.
Can't wait to see him next year.

That's as good of a performance as we could have hoped for in the circumstances. Won't erase what's been a largely disappointing season but there are lots of positives to take in terms of ball movement, forward structure etc.

Also Serong has to be the next captain. Freo through and through 💜

Looking forward to the 2024 Pre-Season thread. Everyone will be bigger, stronger, faster and the whole teams skills will have improved to be considered elite.

Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

Looking forward to the 2024 Pre-Season thread. Everyone will be bigger, stronger, faster and the whole teams skills will have improved to be considered elite.

Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF
January is always the most optimistic time to be a Freo supporter. Our training reporters love a good news story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a nice positive way to wrap up a bit of a flat year.

• While it probably helped to be matched up on mids of similar age and experience, the ball movement, energy and rotations through the centre were great.
  • I don't think it's a permanent or necessary move, but Cox forward is a great safety valve option. Also provides a really good marking option coming out of D50, which is something to think about structurally regardless.
  • A hot take off a limited body of work, but is Emmett a long term option for a wing if Liam does decide to bail? Love everything he's shown so far.
  • Given the rollercoaster nature of our forward entries, Jye kicking 41 as a 19-year-old full forward in his second season is a really great achievement.
  • Wags is slowly becoming by low key favourite.

6 in a row against the Hawks.

Let's hope the streak continues after the Clarko era dominated us for a good 15 years.

Our all time win% is now at 33%. Just another 14 wins to go to get it up to 50%.

Beaten the Hawks in Tassie and MCG for 1st time in past 2 away trips against them is a nice bogey to remove.

Good W. Good way to end the season.

Brayshaw & Serong still doing their thing.

Young as a mid, I love it. Can't wait to see a full season of it next year.

Josh Treacy had a really big game today too.

People mentioned the other guys already. Like Emmett, wow.

January is always the most optimistic time to be a Freo supporter. Our training reporters love a good news story.

They can only report on what they see. As someone that went for years I can tell you that everyone looks good in pre-season.

Look I have my complaints about Longmuir, but a coach who's undefeated against the Hawks after what we went through in the past couple of decades is all I could ask for
Yep. Have to hand it to him. He answered his critics in the last 5 weeks pretty convincingly.

I don't think even the biggest haters can pile on now.

In regards to the game:

• Emmitt may be a find. Pretty exciting. Amiss finished the season with 41. Outstanding for a 20 year old. Schultz and Walters 33 each is pleasing. Frederick stagnated. Our next best was Jackson (22 goals) That's a concern.
  • Johnson will be a beast
  • Hawks have some terrible kicks in their team and no idea in front of the ball except 'deep entries'.
-Brayshaw and Serong finished the year well. Two great young leaders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back