Review Freo Just not Quite Good Enough - Rd 23 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the best game, not the worst. Some horrific skills costing us the game really.

Wasnt from lack of effort and the guys didnt give up at any point.

I'd like to highlight Pearce has continue his good form to finish off the year

Not the best game, not the worst. Some horrific skills costing us the game really.

Wasnt from lack of effort and the guys didnt give up at any point.

I'd like to highlight Pearce has continue his good form to finish off the year

Agree with all of that.

Skills disappointing as that is something we should see improving and yet it feels like we have gone backward this year in that department.

Few positives, but 1st gamer Emmett looked at home out there.
Work From Home GIF

Also, Port's midfield is going to be the closest thing we've seen to Judd, Cousins and Kerr if JHF gets a tank underneath him. Scary stuff

Yes - I will say again that in the preseason I was scoffed at for saying they had the best young midfield. They are set to have a dominant 5 year stretch from the mids if they can stay fit.

Not much to really say about that, we didn't take our opportunities, seemed almost scared to do anything outside of the norm and played the same dour gameplan we've played for most of the year.

I think the posters hammering on about our second year players need to tone it down though, you can't expect greatness at such a young age, people will see the likes of Judd, Daicos, Fyfe etc. and believe that's how all second year players should be performing. You need to give them time, they'll continue developing the more games that they can play.

What have we achieved this year other than getting Melbourne a high draft pick?

It is a wasted year.

The pick I am not fussed about because Jackson is worth it and most years we finish further up the ladder on our win total.

We are well and truly in the bottom five teams in the league... that isn't something I predicted I would say at the beginning of the year. Sad.

Pretty happy with that game. Weren't a million miles off and more composure wins us that game. Port weren't on top form, but make no mistake, they're a slick, hard at ot outifit.

Liked what Emmett brought, and some really good signs for next year.

But for the love of god, lets work on:

Skills
Skills under pressure
Marking (Treacy/Jackson I'm looking at you)

Another pre-season, we'll be a harder outfit, more tackles will stick and we'll be more composed. Gotta win next week to round off the year.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aint winning let alone getting back to finals unless we get a mature aged Key Forward who can actually take a Contested Mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a freo supporter, I've seen us play games like that about 500 times. If we weren't crap, we'd probably win. But just being poor in so many areas costs us. Losing the midfield for periods, they score. We get control of the game and stuff our chances. We just never seem to be consistently good enough. We have fleeting moments of 'oh, we aren't too bad' followed by just being crap again. Both in season and in games.

Gotta disagree. Given the age profile and expected development of Johnson and Young (as well as Jackson, Brayshaw, Serong and possibly Ras) we're going to be a monster midfield by 25.

It isn't quick, dynamic, smart or skilful enough. And Serong is very unaccountable. Probably tired after a long season but you can't have one go at it in the middle. Did someone tell him he is Nat Fyfe or something.

Again, we're aiming for 2025. Give our all under 21 forward line the chance to improve. They aren't far off currently, year or 2 will be gold.

The clubs aim is to sin a flag by end of season 2025.

Right now it could be argued we are closer to firing the coach than contending in 25.

I agree we will benefit from another preseason or two from our young team. But, we are failing on the clubs internal goals. I would be interested to see what peoples win/loss predictions are for next season.

It isn't quick, dynamic, smart or skilful enough. And Serong is very unaccountable. Probably tired after a long season but you can't have one go at it in the middle. Did someone tell him he is Nat Fyfe or something.

The Fyfe bashing is boring. He didn't play and is one of our all time great players. League wide one of the best players in the last decade and our own supporters continue to snipe.

The form at Optus is a major concern.

Take out the 2 derbies we had 10 games against interstate opposition and managed a paltry 3 wins. I reckon that's our equal worse result in a season outside of 2001. We had the same amount of home wins in 2016.

Our form at Optus cost us a top 4 spot last year and is still is an issue.

It should be a fortress most interstates team bar WC and GC atm are super hard to beat at there home grounds. WC had Optus as a fortress during there peak years.

But for us we just let interstate teams waltz in and get the 4 points.

It needs to be addressed teams don't fear us there.

Where teams hate going to face Lions at the Gabba & both SA teams at AO are genuine home ground advantages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back