Review Rd 24 Review - Freo Get the Chocolates in the Deadest of Rubbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway, * it. Onwards and upwards. Will transfer my attentions to the fortunes of Postecoglou’s Spurs team

Last edited:
Angry Lego Movie GIF by LEGO

Emmet 👌🏼

Biggest take away for JLo is you don’t need to win the contest to win a game if you transition well.

The bigger issue from losing contests is our inability to defend the quick entry out of the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was Johnson’s best game I’ve seen from him. He should turn into an excellent AFL midfielder in time.
Great to see amiss click past the 40 goals mark for the year in Y2.
Emmett should have played far far sooner this season. He’s strong and aggressive and hurts opposition players in contact and he can football too, some great decisions under pressure today.

I didn’t think Cox was as good forward as everyone is saying… I think I prefer him down back. He provided a contest on attack I suppose but we have others who can do that, I still reckon he’s needed in defence long term.
Henry was great again today, but will he ever wear a dockers jersey again? ☹️
Frederick on the wing showed well but I wonder is he a touch fumbly for that position long term? He might be more dangerous in the forward line in his usual position. We need NOD back up and running for next season.

Brayshaw is getting back to his best in the last few weeks which is a relief. Need a massive season from him in 2024.

Serong - give this guy his AA jacket now. Pavlich better not let that one slip though the committee when they are making the decision next week.

As for the Hawks - they were poor enough and it’s hard to see how they were able to beat some of the sides the did in recent weeks based on that. I suppose it shows how even the comp is.

Johnno is gonna be such a beast
Darcy/Serong/Young/Johnson is hopefully how we line up in round 1 2024. Brayshaw starting on one wing and one of NOD/Stanley/Henry(?) on the other. Raz and Brodie off the bench with Jacko creating havoc and we're looking pretty solid.

Cox needs to be more open to staying in the forward line, I don't care how much he likes being a backman, he's added a little something to us up front.
Yeah he was handy today. Dont think it’s a regular thing though - when Darcy is back jackson and cahuna shuffle back to their respective positions and Cox back to defence, Hamling out.

Great to have the flexibility in the team though 👍

With the advent of Young into the centre and Johnno clearly going to be a serious mid with another pre season, there really is only one spot for Fyfe/JOM/Brodie. Its a conundrum as they all are contracted and cant be delisted. That Peel midfield is going to be Hollywood next year.

With the advent of Young into the centre and Johnno clearly going to be a serious mid with another pre season, there really is only one spot for Fyfe/JOM/Brodie. Its a conundrum as they all are contracted and cant be delisted. That Peel midfield is going to be Hollywood next year.
Fyfe and JOM can play other positions though (although the forward half is looking pretty stacked as well), whereas Brodie is pretty much a one trick pony. They have been playing Brayshaw on the wing for periods across the last couple of games as well, so maybe that is an option they will look at next season.

Without actually checking, we'd have to be close to the best 14th side of all time? In terms of wins that is?
We're objectively better than 3 or 4 sides who finished above us. Would you exchange our circumstances for Essendon's for instance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back