Review Freo Get a Coffee in Melbourne in the 2nd Quarter of an AFL Match (Rd 18 Review vs Pies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't worry .... At least WA doesn't take the title of the worst 🍺 beer.

Victoria bitter takes that title. Mind you South Australias west end beer is bad
Highly controversial opinion, VB is bad but I'd still drink it over that Guage Roads fruit crap they serve at the footy here.

Oh no.

You’ve gone to “champ” mode.

w***er status confirmed.
Angry GIF by Voidz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The umpire bias was most certainly there though I hate using it as an excuse.
Nowadays it’s often subtle and hard to pinpoint. But the majority of 50:50 calls going the preferred teams way is without question a real thing and something we are mostly on the wrong side of. 😥

The umpire bias was most certainly there though I hate using it as an excuse.
Nowadays it’s often subtle and hard to pinpoint. But the majority of 50:50 calls going the preferred teams way is without question a real thing and something we are mostly on the wrong side of. 😥
It's not excuse as we would of lost regardless. However, it did certainly help their momentum in the 2nd quarter. You could tell it started to affect the players.

We gave effort today Which is the minimum requirement. Playing like last week is what upsets supporters the most.
Erasmus,Johnson,Treacy all showed something. Losing Darcy hurt us too. Shultz needs a spell as does Switta. Both low on confidence. You don’t celebrate a 46 point loss, however let’s get real, our keys forwards are 19,20,21 and two of our better midfielders are 19. A lot to build on.

Dont get me wrong. that is a Positive. But are we willing to wait to see them in their primes in 4 or 5 years time?

Again, are we willing to spend another 4 years of no finals for this? Unlikely.

It's not excuse as we would of lost regardless. However, it did certainly help their momentum in the 2nd quarter. You could tell it started to affect the players.
It started to pile on when they got a couple in a row out of the centre clearance. That gave us them no chance to try and compose things before collingwood piled on more goals. We were winning the centre clearances. Collingwood got at least a handful straight from the softest holding free kicks to the wank fest brothers (that we didn't get paid our way)

It started to pile on when they got a couple in a row out of the centre clearance. That gave us them no chance to try and compose things before collingwood piled on more goals. We were winning the centre clearances. Collingwood got at least a handful straight from the softest holding free kicks to the wank fest brothers (that we didn't get paid our way)
It wouldn't always go as big as it did, Collingwood clearly felt really good about themselves (reflected in pretty freakishly accurate goal kicking, 12.1 at one stage), while we felt increasingly less so. There was one point where we got juicy chances to claw some back while the deficit was still somewhat manageable, but not only failed to capitalise, but also turned it over from a few stinkers judgment-wise in dangerous places that also fed into their momentum.

Managing momentum for a young team can always be a challenge. It's hard enough when they're against a team who's primed for it. Essentially those consecutive 50/50s in there and it's like they get an extra contested beast in at the centre to fuel inject it.

Last edited:
I just watched the mini.

So many s**t umpiring calls again this week totally killed momentum.

It’s like the AFL want to give us a top 5 pick (so we can give it to Melbourne).
Hate to bring this up.

The game scarily reminds me of the 2015 preliminary final between Freo and hawks.

Every time Freo gets a goal or gains momentum.... Hawks somehow get a dubious free kick or kick goals from anywhere.

Yes hawks kicked 15.4.94. not one set shot was a missed shot

Dont get me wrong. that is a Positive. But are we willing to wait to see them in their primes in 4 or 5 years time?

Again, are we willing to spend another 4 years of no finals for this? Unlikely.
If it is 4-5 years until finals again then you’re right many of us won’t be willing to wait. I don’t think it will be that long as to play finals I don’t think the players I was talking about need to be in their “prime” . To win a flag though they will. However if you look at my posting history you’ll realise I‘m the Freo “John Snow”. I know nothing.😜
I guess what I’m trying to say is ”we are where we are” and I’m not sure how we change that. Trade? Sack the coach? new assistants ? All of these? I’m on board with it all if it brings us a flag. I feel the frustration and toy with the idea of walking away and stopping the torture constantly.
At this moment in time I’m hanging on but it’s getting harder too.
At least BF does remind me I’m not alone in my torment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back