Guitar Players

Remove this Banner Ad

I've only listened to a couple of Cory Wong's Podcast so far, they feature a lot of the greatest guitar players (of all sorts) currently around.
Have a look at the musicians involved, you won't be disappointed.
There are 39 episodes so far with each one about an hour long.
Terrific listening.
If you want to download an episode, click on the 3 dots on the right and select download.

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/wong-notes/

Also.. I'm not the biggest fan of Slash but I got a kick out of 'Wicked Stone' in this performance.

Starts at 53:17

Outro solo starts at 57:36 .. runs for about 13 minutes! lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the man called "Captain Fingers" Lee Ritenour. With Nathan East on Bass, Bob James keyboard and Harvey Mason on drums.

Last edited:

This guy makes me happy.
Commenced my 'last third life' crisis and brought myself a guitar a month ago. Can play the opening lines to Testify, Mary Had a Little Lamb and Couldn't Stand the Weather, albeit very poorly.
Stumbled across reaction videos to SRV as well, smiles and looks of amazement from people discovering him for the first time - pretty cool to see.

I like the story about Bad Seed's noise merchant,
Blixa Bargeld.
The band is heading off on a tour,he arrives at the airport with no guitars,when asked where they are
he replies along the lines of it's OK,he'll just borrow one off the support band.
Champion.

LUV the bass guitar Prince changes to later in this live clip.
Crazy good funk.

Great clip. Spewing I never got to see him. Michael Jackson vs Prince of the time was such a joke. No contest to Prince. The guy was amazing. Guitar AND bass AND vocals AND arrangements. Insane talent.

Here's another great Prince clip. Virtually unsighted until 3:28 after which he proceeds to incinerate the stage before ditching his guitar and everyone else.

Fair shout out to the dude on the strat handling all the lead before that.

Last edited: