All Australian
Minecraft
Dec 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Storm | Red Bull Racing | Everton
Is Greater Western Sydney a silly choice from the AFL board?

They just brought out the Gold Coast, so now we have 2 Queensland teams.
Now we will have 2 New South Wales teams.

Is it really necessary, to add two teams to states that already teams, while we have Northen Territory producing some great players, and they can't get a Darwin team or something.
Sure Tasmania sometimes hosts games for the Hawks, but nothing will change that Hawthorn is a VICTORIAN team.

It will be great to get these new teams into the action, but we have two other states begging for a team.

Is Greater Western Sydney, a Silly Choice?

I don't think its a silly decision having the 18th side in Western Sydney. There is definitely the population and hopefully the support will be found for the club in an area that is admitedly not one where AFL is most popular. Only time will tell when they enter the AFL but I think there is the potential for GWS to be a successfull club

Having said that I do agree that Tasmania would be ideal for an AFL side where football is actually the most popular sport, especially with their state government seemingly keen to make it happen.

Is Greater Western Sydney a silly choice from the AFL board?

Is Greater Western Sydney, a Silly Choice?

You're asking this on the West Sydney board... what kind of answer would you expect? The same answer as if one of us went to the Geelong board and say "Is keeping a team in Geelong a silly choice from the AFL board? There's so many teams in Victoria and none in the NT or Tasmania" I bet.

You're asking this on the West Sydney board... what kind of answer would you expect? The same answer as if one of us went to the Geelong board and say "Is keeping a team in Geelong a silly choice from the AFL board? There's so many teams in Victoria and none in the NT or Tasmania" I bet.

Well, you've answered it and you go for Brisbane, some other dude who posted goes for Fremantle, and theres another guy who goes for North.

It is pretty silly, instead of havionf the gold coast and western sydney we could have had teams in darwin and tasmania, its to much to have more than one team coming form just one state.

It is pretty silly, instead of havionf the gold coast and western sydney we could have had teams in darwin and tasmania, its to much to have more than one team coming form just one state.

Well said. I've actually started a petition to call for a merger between West Coast and Freo (Perth Dockers), Adelaide and Port (Adelaide Power), and the Bulldogs, Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, North, Richmond, St. Kilda, Hawthorn, Melbourne, and Essendon (Western Cacogeenorichkilthournedon Big Vs).

To see and sign the petition, follow this link:

http://www.surgicalremovalofheadsfromanuses.vic.gov.au

Well said. I've actually started a petition to call for a merger between West Coast and Freo (Perth Dockers), Adelaide and Port (Adelaide Power), and the Bulldogs, Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, North, Richmond, St. Kilda, Hawthorn, Melbourne, and Essendon (Western Cacogeenorichkilthournedon Big Vs).

Good idea but only the Perth dockers and Adelaide Power, not the other ones, but Carlton could merge with geelong hey Bartel hehe (joking)

Because Darwin and Tasmania would be such money makers, how silly the AFL creating GC17 and GWS to keep struggling Melbourne teams alive.

Gold coast is a very good decision its good for the AFL to challenge the NRL you much be thinking weird people will like it very much so like it or be mad

Well, you've answered it and you go for Brisbane, some other dude who posted goes for Fremantle, and theres another guy who goes for North.

Obviously you were blinded by the bold text and neglected to read any further...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha love the idea of the Western Cacogeenorichkilthournedon

You're asking this on the West Sydney board... what kind of answer would you expect? The same answer as if one of us went to the Geelong board and say "Is keeping a team in Geelong a silly choice from the AFL board?

Exactly. Why is this thread allowed to continue? Fair dinkum, imagine asking a similar question about another team on that clubs board. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's a Bad choice, but I don't think it's a Great choice. My first choice would have been a team in Tasmania but West Sydney isn't that bad. If the A.F.L. wants to be a Global Image they have to get the Rugby State's behind it too (Sydney and Queensland). I hope these teams (GC17 and West Sydney) work, it will be great for Aussie Rules everywhere. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back