Hampden Football League Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Well you just did. And yes it is a stop gap, albeit not a bad option still a stop gap. It was the right call he stepped aside because they were never going to be the force they are now whilst under McLaren. I would bet my last dime they will have a different coach in 2018.

Time will tell but I would not be at all surprised if Chris McLaren coaches for more than one season.

Fantastic footy person and clubman who is very highly regarded within the 4 walls of the spud pickers.

He is much better than a stop gap option.

Just like last time I think it will be Chris's decision if he wants to coach for longer than 2017. As always he would make that decision in the bat interests of the club not himself.

October is very early to be making a stop gap appointment as you describe it. If Koroit didn't think McLaren was best man for the job they still have plenty of time to be looking knowing they had McLaren as a back up.

Say it again Chris McLaren will be and is a very good senior coach.

Is there anyone with news other than the Roosters who I'm starting to think may go into receivership with all these signings. :rolleyes::drunk:

So Sth are not allowed to recruit players? Even ones who are past Sth players that have come through their juniors??

So Sth are not allowed to recruit players? Even ones who are past Sth players that have come through their juniors??

Hampden Mad never stated that you weren't allowed to recruit players - he just stated with the number coming back and that it will cost serious money $$$$ I don't believe for one minute them being ex juniors will mean they will come cheap. Good players never do !

Well you just did. And yes it is a stop gap, albeit not a bad option still a stop gap. It was the right call he stepped aside because they were never going to be the force they are now whilst under McLaren. I would bet my last dime they will have a different coach in 2018.

This might be the first time you are wrong Hampden MAD -time will tell mate. I'm biased, but I reckon there are a few other clubs in HFNL that wouldn't mind a stop-gap coach as good as Chris- including your Blues!!!

Hampden Mad never stated that you weren't allowed to recruit players - he just stated with the number coming back and that it will cost serious money $$$$ I don't believe for one minute them being ex juniors will mean they will come cheap. Good players never do !

Well Koroit only pay $100 a win so why not Sth??

Hearing that Simpson are heavily into one of the Graham's from Warrnambool about coaching next year. Have you heard any news on this HampdenMad?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No nothing from my end. Turlands, Chirnside and Grahams all been linked to everywhere.
Youre closer to it HMAD, but word is a number of players at WFC been told their services are no longer required-inc the G train...not sure how happy things are there mate...having said that it is the silly season.

Any word on how Port can keep their additional points? Flawed system if so

Youre closer to it HMAD, but word is a number of players at WFC been told their services are no longer required-inc the G train...not sure how happy things are there mate...having said that it is the silly season.

Any word on how Port can keep their additional points? Flawed system if so

They actually get reduced this season by a yet to be determined amount. The points system is flawed anyway. It doesnt help to equalize comp. North Warrnambools players on multiple points will all drop 1 point next season, they could sign 2 VFL players and still play under same cap as last season. Flawed.

I know I said I was looking to hear from other clubs signings but South Warrnambool have now signed James Hussey (VFL), Liam Youl (VFL reserves), have a returning premiership player in Matthew McVilly and Sam Thompson returns also. Momentum is official. And all former Roosters. Smart moves.

Pie 4 Lyf tell us a bit about those men?

I know I said I was looking to hear from other clubs signings but South Warrnambool have now signed James Hussey (VFL), Liam Youl (VFL reserves), have a returning premiership player in Matthew McVilly and Sam Thompson returns also. Momentum is official. And all former Roosters. Smart moves.

You can add premiership player Alistair Porter to the list as well.

Both forwards who are capable of big bags at Colac District level. Up in class clearly in Hampden league. Nick the older and more experienced one 24/25 who has booted 60+ goals three times at senior level and brother Ben, 19 played a handful of senior games mostly reserves and booted 85+ this year. Bag of five against Apollo Bay too. Nick had injuries this year and booted 35 in 14 games.

Former Terang Mortlake Bloods champion Damian OConnor has signed with Koroit Saints as an assistant coach. Great
Both forwards who are capable of big bags at Colac District level. Up in class clearly in Hampden league. Nick the older and more experienced one 24/25 who has booted 60+ goals three times at senior level and brother Ben, 19 played a handful of senior games mostly reserves and booted 85+ this year. Bag of five against Apollo Bay too. Nick had injuries this year and booted 35 in 14 games.

If the younger one is playing in the 2nds for Simpson not sure he is going to have much impact at senior level in the HFNL

If the younger one is playing in the 2nds for Simpson not sure he is going to have much impact at senior level in the HFNL
I asked Cobden about that and they seemed to think he'd have a spot. The usual if they work hard they will earn a spot. Simpson's strength was its forward line so yes while the quality of the league is lower, I think it was more a case of opportunity and there were quite a high level of quality in the Tigers forward line. Three or four of them were interleague standard over the past 12 months or so. Whereas Cobden's forward line is its weakness IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back