Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

umm yes, because we allowed you to play well by being horrific the entire game. WCE fans chose to ride into the win but if they analysed the game properly they should've seen that the story was more how bad melbourne were. So WCE fans shouldn't be too surprised at the result to Adelaide if they analysed the dees game properly.
That's not what your captain thought after the game...

You mean the guy the AFL stole from us to play in their latest franchise? The guy who we got **** all for? We should have got him back for nothing. The AFL pissed away his best years playing for nothing.
let me get this straight, a supporter of a club that built a sustained period of success on the back of giving up worthless 3rd round picks for elite FS talent, and got to double dip by also getting Bartel, Selwood, and James Kelly as first rounders in those drafts, is whinging about losing Ablett for 2 first round compensation picks... the Hawks only got ONE end of first for Franklin. You poor hard done by soul, must have been so tough for you?

or coach!
I find it funny with some of these supporters(Collingwood ones are the same, check the VicBias thread).

They argue black & blue about certain things and will call their coach/players out for being wrong, because they absolutely cannot fathom their own opinion being incorrect...

no, you played horrifically because that's how we allowed you to play!

So WCE are that good, but can't repeat that on a weekly basis

OR

Melbourne went into the game thinking it would be an easy kill, they weren't 100% mentally switched on and got beaten.

You've got delusions of grandeur if you think it's the former.

OR

Melbourne went into the game thinking it would be an easy kill, they weren't 100% mentally switched on and got beaten.

don't try and put words into my mouth... rebuilding teams can often be very good or very bad, and the Melbourne game was at home 🤷‍♂️

I've got no vested interest in either side so can see this objectively.
Gawn himself said that for that game, WCE were easily the best side they've played all year.

It was very similar to the Freo game, players winning every contest, pressure and contested game off the charts.

That's not due to the other team being 'bad', they were simply made to look so because they were unable to compete.

The exact opposite happens when we play away, for some reason. It's infuriating but the calibre of teams we've played away so far are all either finals contenders, or expected to be.

If we dish the same slop up against clubs around us on the ladder in away games, there'll be serious alarm bells IMO.

Gawn himself said that for that game, WCE were easily the best side they've played all year.

It was very similar to the Freo game, players winning every contest, pressure and contested game off the charts.

That's not due to the other team being 'bad', they were simply made to look so because they were unable to compete.

The exact opposite happens when we play away, for some reason. It's infuriating but the calibre of teams we've played away so far are all either finals contenders, or expected to be.

If we dish the same slop up against clubs around us on the ladder in away games, there'll be serious alarm bells IMO.

Gawn also said that the Dees were off in the contests. We've seen this before. A team only has to be off by the little bit, and it results in a sizeable loss.

Not taking anything away from the win or how well the Eagles played.

Gawn also said that the Dees were off in the contests. We've seen this before. A team only has to be off by the little bit, and it results in a sizeable loss.

Not taking anything away from the win or how well the Eagles played.
You're always going to be 'off' in contests when the other team is winning every single one of them, otherwise you'd win every one of them yourself.

no, you played horrifically because that's how we allowed you to play!
I wouldn't bother, the guy is either completely delulu or just a troll.

WC were the better team that day, however one chooses to analyse it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OR

Exactly.

So apparently West Coast were just so good that they smashed a top 4 team yet they played just as well the following week and lost by 100. That literally makes no sense.

Ed Langdon no doubt planned his sisters wedding to be on the week that we played west coast. I have no doubt.

HE wanted to come home for family support with his kids who require additional support. It wasn't because of sooky homesickness. Do you seriously think Geelong made reasonable demands compared to what they gave up for Dangerfield, arguably the best player in the game at the time? We should have said stick it and sent him to the PS draft.

Dangerfield was a RFA, Kelly was a first year draftee who turned out to be a gun at Geelong. If you think they are the same, go ahead.

Exactly.

So apparently West Coast were just so good that they smashed a top 4 team yet they played just as well the following week and lost by 100. That literally makes no sense.

Ed Langdon no doubt planned his sisters wedding to be on the week that we played west coast. I have no doubt.
Ed Langdon was the thing stopping you from beating the eagles 😂😂

Gold

Exactly.

So you think only Melbourne can have 'off games' and not a young team that was historically shit for two years only starting to find their feet? Bizarre take, even by your standards.

So you think only Melbourne can have 'off games' and not a young team that was historically shit for two years only starting to find their feet? Bizarre take, even by your standards.
When did I say that WCE can't have off games? I'll await your reply. Also, losing by 100 isn't finding your feet.

Yes, every team can have off games and play poorly. People that don't think players can simply play poorly have never played sport themselves.

Exactly.

When did I say that WCE can't have off games? I'll await your reply. Also, losing by 100 isn't finding your feet.

Yes, every team can have off games and play poorly. People that don't think players can simply play poorly have never played sport themselves.
Note the bolded in the first comment... clearly West Coast didn't play just as well the following week. They played out of their skins against Melbourne and had a mare against Adelaide. It's the kind of thing young teams do. But sure, keep assuming it was all on Melbourne and nothing to do with West Coast.

But on another subject.

Harley goes alright.👍🏻
Yes he does....

I was in Perth all of last week with work and read the West Australian daily (only because the office there has it delivered).

Everyday, without exception there were at least 2 articles about him. I think it was Tuesday and Wednesday there were actually 3 articles. One of them included a picture of him holding several copies of the paper (all articles about him of course) and there was a readers poll asking which story was the best.

FMD he is good but the media coverage of him over there is embarrassing and cringeworthy.

Several of my work colleges in Perth are Eagles supporters and even they were saying it has reached a new level of embarrassment.

Be interesting to see what the coverage will be like when he goes through the inevitable form slump?

Yes he does....

I was in Perth all of last week with work and read the West Australian daily (only because the office there has it delivered).

Everyday, without exception there were at least 2 articles about him. I think it was Tuesday and Wednesday there were actually 3 articles. One of them included a picture of him holding several copies of the paper (all articles about him of course) and there was a readers poll asking which story was the best.

FMD he is good but the media coverage of him over there is embarrassing and cringeworthy.

Several of my work colleges in Perth are Eagles supporters and even they were saying it has reached a new level of embarrassment.

Be interesting to see what the coverage will be like when he goes through the inevitable form slump?
It's not actually about Reid anymore, it's the paper trying desperately to promote itself. They know they were being mocked for the excessive coverage so they leant in to to it as if to say they are in on the joke, so keep paying attention to us. They don't realise people are laughing at, not with, them.

It's not actually about Reid anymore, it's the paper trying desperately to promote itself. They know they were being mocked for the excessive coverage so they leant in to to it as if to say they are in on the joke, so keep paying attention to us. They don't realise people are laughing at, not with, them.
Seriously?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back